How can anyone like The Beatles? They're just fucking boring pop music...

How can anyone like The Beatles? They're just fucking boring pop music. The Velvet Underground are a much better band prove me wrong

Other urls found in this thread:

moviesonline.mn/watch/EdBOw19v-beatles-stories/thevideo.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beetle
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banana
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Any Beatles album is better then even the best TVU album.

t.avant teen

This. The Velvet Underground are mediocre at best.

The fact that so many books still name The Velvet Underground as "the greatest or most significant or most influential" rock band ever only tells you how far rock music still is from becoming a serious art. Jazz critics have long recognized that the greatest jazz musicians of all times are Duke Ellington and John Coltrane, who were not the most famous or richest or best sellers of their times, let alone of all times. Classical critics rank the highly controversial Beethoven over classical musicians who were highly popular in courts around Europe. Rock critics are still blinded by commercial success. The Velvet Underground sold more than anyone else (not true, by the way with exception of Lou Reed who a was massive sell out and I am glad he is dead), therefore they must have been the greatest. Jazz critics grow up listening to a lot of jazz music of the past, classical critics grow up listening to a lot of classical music of the past. Rock critics are often totally ignorant of the rock music of the past, they barely know the best sellers. No wonder they will think that The Velvet Underground did anything worthy of being saved.

Because they're less degenerate. Jew Reed

The velvets made more sincere albums and were actually innovative. The beatles simply played it safe.

Venus In Furs > any Beatles song

Yes because "Within You, Without You" and "Revolution 9" are really safe. Innovation doesn't mean shit to 99% of music listeners. Most people care more about whether or not the music is actually good. The Beatles were absolute masters at music and songwriting, pounding out catchy, memorable, and influential music on a yearly basis. The Velvet Underground made mediocre music for stoners and Andy Warhol fans. At least they had John Cale though.

abbey road is better than anything tvu ever made

TVU is trash, my friend.

moviesonline.mn/watch/EdBOw19v-beatles-stories/thevideo.html

more infomation for you

Congratulations this is the worst post I've seen on Sup Forums in at least a month.

if you think that's bad, you should see OP's post

>Actually good
Interesting concept. What are the methods for determining that for every individual? There are none.

ha that was the most pathetic response I've ever seen

lol what

t. soyboy

The beatles are fine, and their songs are very accessible, but the mass praise does feel undeserved in a variety of fashions.

The Beatles are degenerate too. They preach a self love, not a love of neighbor or selfless love. They aspouse a "do what thy wilt" philosophy which is satanic

He said less faggot. Learn to read

>spent years building up their skills playing in clubs
>wrote their own songs during a period where this was practically unheard of for pop groups
>maintained a sound that was changing, yet still recognisable
>sold lots
>constantly in the charts
>influenced literally everybody
>revolutionised album artwork and music videos
>still a household name and just as well regarded decades later

I don't know, the mass praise feels pretty deserved to me

who?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beetle
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banana

>influenced literally everybody
this is what I'm talking about, that's absurd

Why would I give any actual response to obvious trolling?

Welcome to the real world buddy, people say absurd things a lot. You should get out of your bedroom more often.

>post I don't agree with
>lol must be trolling

Seriously though I might back off from you a bit, I think you might actually be autistic. I don't like bullying smaller folk.

Agreed, The Beatles were awful. It's fine if you listen to them when you're 15, along with, let's say, Linkin Park or Hollywood Undead, though.

Ah, yes, second week here, I see. The Beatles' key strength was complex composition mixed with a great ear for pop songwriting and the ability to bring influences from pretty much every corner; as well as being measured - every action is deliberate.

Is it super innovative? No. It is extremely well-crafted, unique and just overall well-made music with a high degree of refinement. I love TVU but they're doing something else entirely. And that's fine, there is a place for both.

>this is what I'm talking about, that's absurd
but it ain't

Tomorrow never knows > Venus in Furs

John Lennon beat my wife.