What is the mother tongue of most Paraguayans? Is it Guaraní or Español...

What is the mother tongue of most Paraguayans? Is it Guaraní or Español? Is there any clear ethnic or social divide between people who speak Español at home and those who speak Guaraní at home? Also is Guaraní taught in schools as a written language at all? Someone plz answer.

Other urls found in this thread:

hrvatiizvanrh.hr/en/hmiu/croatian-diaspora-in-paraguay/33
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manuel_Fleitas_Solich
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>What is the mother tongue of most Paraguayans?
Guarani
86% of the population, though from that percentage, 80% are effectively bilingual thanks to education
>Is there any clear ethnic or social divide between people who speak Español at home and those who speak Guaraní at home?
to be honest yes, though:
>is Guaraní taught in schools as a written language at all?
yes, and thanks to this the divide is blurry (the other factor is inner migration
in the past when Guarani was looked down upon, anyone who spoke it was considered a lowly peasant

Thanks for replying. I wasn't expecting a reply, to be honest. I asked a similar question about Tunisia and the thread got bombarded by Maghrebi posters because there are so many of them. Paraguayan posters are so rare in comparison.
Also, what about English? Did you learn it in school?

that's very strange croatian flag

kek, maghrebis are all wewuzzers

Paraguay, Nepal and Switzerland form the league of strange flags. This is the only one with two different symbols on different sides of the flag. This is what the other side looks like.

ayyy lmao no
english at public institutions is very poor, and i say it both as a student and teacher assistant
i learned it with a tutor when i was a kid. it was a thing other kids were forced to do by their moms so mine forced me too

What?! Do you all seriously are a majority with guarani as a first language? I thought you learned spanish and then guarani as a subject in school

brotip: language spoken =/= race
here's the map of endangered native languages because of their decreasing numbers (dunno if there's a more recent graph/map, i doubt it)

guarani is a drink in portugal

noice. share the recipe
it's also the name of an opera i think?

*Hayhu
Hayhu Ndaevéi
sim, com o h em português não mudo que nem o espanhol
aprendam a falar direito seus macacos

Vamo Paraguay!! Next year I will go to visit a friend that's live in Capiatá. JAJETOPATA I carry the mate you put the terere!!

Here in misiones (the province that limits with Paraguay) some people talk or know a few words in Guaraní
So yeah is pretty common

Wtf never knew about this... And I consider myself pretty good in geography and socio-political stuff.

When I was in Paraguay I didn't saw that "reverse" 2bhwy

dale che ra'a, jajetopáta
btw thank you Uruguay for all the contribution you made to our assoc football :3
t. Olimpia

and yeah thank you Argentina too, i guess
i-it's just proper to be thankful *tsundere*

what do paraguayans think about us

Davor Suker was GOAT
other than that not much, though i googled it and this came out hrvatiizvanrh.hr/en/hmiu/croatian-diaspora-in-paraguay/33
Paraguay is so mixed that i doubt there's a single pure croat from that batch nowadays. maybe some recent immigrant

found something more:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manuel_Fleitas_Solich
by his face you can't really tell he's croatian or can you

Friendly Sup Forums thread ?!
What the fuck happend?

MI
BIO
HRVATA I SIT

no macacos (yet)

what is so special about the swiss flag?

wtf I thought all native American languages are dead, and all of you speak Spanish nao

>that department flag
WE WUZ NORDICS N SHIIEET

Croats moving to Argentina was a mistake. Paraguay was the thinking Croat's choice

>86% of the population, though from that percentage, 80% are effectively bilingual thanks to education
Oh wow that's pretty coo..
>the only one with two different symbols on different sides of the flag
Holy fuck nigga that's the most baller shit ever

Only perfectly square national flag, I guess. Isn't that strange enough?

their ratio is special-snowflake (square, officially) instead of rectangular

Nepal's has some cooler math behind it.

>Only perfectly square national flag, I guess.
The Vatican is also a square.

i don't recall it
i think they have same ratio as Belgium nowadays: squareish but with horizontal side being longer

No, the ratio is 1:1, officially.

wtf helping Croatia in it's independence was a mistake

i see. TIL

Are you guys native? That's a lot of speakers

we're paraguayans

My bad. You're right.

Son salvajes por civilizar