Why do people mystify language learning?

I have seen a lot of posts on Sup Forums and other language discussion places with the same type of nonsense in them. It starts off like this:

"I am learning x language. why is x language so hard it's so stupid it's too hard blah blah blah".

I am tired of it. Language learning isn't hard. It's just a time sink. If you can put in the hours to immerse yourself into the language and use an effective method, you will become better at the said language.

I've been using the immersion method (AJATT) for Japanese now for 3 months.

Within those 3 months, i went through a grammar guide, listened for 12+ hours a day and read for at least 5 hours a day. I can honestly say that i can read any article on Yahoo japan with a dictionary (Looking up 80% of the words). Grammar isn't an issue for me (Most grammar), i just lack vocabulary.

Stop mystifying language. Any language can be learned with using the right method.

Resources:
youtube.com/watch?v=ikm_gL7-mZs
youtu.be/t2H63wUoVlU

Read this:
alljapaneseallthetime.com/blog/all-japanese-all-the-time-ajatt-how-to-learn-japanese-on-your-own-having-fun-and-to-fluency/

Other urls found in this thread:

antimoon.com/
antimoon.com/how/howtolearn.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=NiTsduRreug
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

antimoon.com/

Forgot to link this as well.

It's mostly down to exposure, people sometimes overestimate how much effort they're putting in when in reality you can't learn a language just studying an hour a day every so often. I think it's similar to dieting in that respect.

It really depends on the person 2bh. The average person cannot for sure learn 10 languages as others do.

Just take any pair of people that have been studying the language for about the same time. There will always be one better than the other. Learning a foreign accent and new sounds is particularly difficult if you have no talent for it.

>Looking up 80% of the words
This+idioms is what takes forever.

You're wrong. The person that is worse than the other person simple isn't following a method that is effective.

No one is better at one another at language. The brain is literally wired for language. Did you even look at the links i provided?

I am a burger for christsake. We can't learn language for shit, yet here i am 3 months later pretty happy with the results so far.

antimoon.com/how/howtolearn.htm

Antimoon is a website made by polish guys in English, about how they learned English. Their English is perfect, the method worked.

And because we all learn language the same, it's bound to work for anyone.

I find that Japanese slang is really hard.

I tried browsing 2ch and the whole structure seems so loose, i barely understood anything. Then i go back to the "Formally written" articles and can read them without issue.

>we all learn language the same
But this is wrong, there are people who are able to master a language even with crappy courses at school, I really don't see why you're so buttmad about the fact that people out there have difficulties with learning languages.

You're also probably quite young and don't experience the same difficulties as the elderly for example.

Anyway, if you have to study something for the whole day, every day, for mamy months, I fail to see how it is NOT a hard discipline. Even math and physics can be mastered if you work hard for so long.

>12 hours a day
Ahh, NEETs think that they have normal schedules. How quaint and self-absorbed

They are lazy af and it takes hundreds of hours before you can see the fruits of your hardwork.

> 12 hours a day
How did you manage to get that much time
I am already studying 12 hours a day for fuck sake. I managed to learnt the basis of sign language on sunday/holidays in around a year, but a actual language such as glorious Nippon tongue seems absolutely impossible.

Why do you need to look up 80% of words after 3 months? I could understand maybe 50% or so but by that point shouldn't you be familiar with most of the basic words you'll find in news articles?

I listen through my college lectures. It doesn't seem to be effecting my grades.
We do learn language the same. Those people who master the language with "Just a course" probably go home and immerse/read/listen to the target language while others sit and slack off.

Because my focus wasn't on vocab it was on grammar. I'm starting to sentence mine and focus on vocab now.

youtube.com/watch?v=NiTsduRreug

Watch this, Meatball. You obviously haven't looked at the resources i've linked.

Also it's not impossible. You just have to get used to it. That is all it is. English isn't any harder than Japanese. All that matters is the quality of time spent, as well as the x amount of hours you put into actually immersing/reading/listening the language.

Again look at the resources i've linked.

>AJATT
Kill yourself, Khatzu, you fucking piece of shit con artist.

What are you talking about? The site is fine. Avoid all the other shit just goto the table of contents.

other than english, what languages are you fluent in user?

Just English. As i said, been studying Jap for 3 months going on 4 and will plan to continue until i am:

A.) Proficient
B.) Bored

I plan to go on to do more languages as well. Might give Finnish or Korean a shot after Jap.

ur a faggot and a dumb faggot

>Resources: anibe
lmao

>If you actually watch the video you realize it's just a thumbnail.