BREAKING: Monaco midfielder Bernardo Silva (22) has arrived in Manchester

manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/bernardo-silva-manchester-united-city-13095440

City Watch:We've been informed that Bernardo Silva is set to undergo a City medical today. Yesterday there was this.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1MuvoYW2Vhw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

PLUS:Exclusive: Manchester City set to announce Kyle Walker signing as soon as today

>Ha also confirmed he will reprise his role as Mr. Tumnus in the forthcoming Narnia remake

what did he mean by this?

nice, just what we need

another pacy winger

>release all of your defenders
>buy another forward

knowing Poops genius he'll use him as a CB

wohoooo!!! C'MON CITY.

He's good on the ball, so he might go in goal

he's not pacey, he's Iniesta-like.

Don't see how he's worth £70m desu

atleast hes actually really fucking good though

Sterling Out.

underrated

CM definitely

But they have David and KDB.

>judging value solely on stats

He is Silva's long term replacement. Very similar players.

Early suggestions are that Manchester City will pay around €50m (£43.6m) for Bernardo Silva, who has undergone a medical. [@Sammy_Goal]

GREAT

He's a winger in a team that scored for fun. Also he was probably the worst out of the attacking player against City, Dortmund and Juve, that guy Lemar looked better

He's played as a midfielder all season and it was mostly the strikers scoring the goals. Only exception is Lemar but this was his first season playing such a major role unlike Silva who has started nearly every match 3 seasons in a row.

>10 midfielders plus claudio bravo

>City
hell no, dunno what game you watched

>Dortmund
true

>Juve
kinda true, whenever he got space he used it well but he was kinda quiet most of the game, Lemar absolutely sucked against Juve doe

He looks a great player. I only watched Monaco a few times this year but he stood out a mile to me.

I rate Zidane though.

He's not very pacy actually. He's not a snail but he's not a gotta go fast player

but doesn't City need defenders doe?

>questioning pep

I wonder if poop will make the same mistake he did at barcelona and start replacing every big, strong player with smaller technical ones and make the team more vulnerable in defense

>It's EPL buys all the good players playing in Ligue 1 episode
Every single year.

Hungary does it again

well he doesnt have a defence

wont affect

>everybody on twitter rating him so highly

now I'm afraid he'll choke, why couldn't he be a literally who signing like Guerreiro?

He played as a winger you melt

The whole team was subduded against Juve tbf, think they ran out of steam. In the City game Silva looked good for bits and pieces but kept losing the ball too easily which would worry me if I was a Shitty fan
Lemar had a really good season though so I don't know why team are wanting Silva over him

This is just the beginning.

>Bernardo Silva, David Silva, De Bruyne, Jesus, Aguero, Sterling, Sane

No way can they lose

Don't they have enough attacking players? All that money needs to be used on an entirely new defence and GK

Pep knows what he's doing. Toure and Silva need long term replacements. Defence will come along soon enough

>Stones

Mendy is supposedly on the way to city as well. Pep is literally going to buy the entire Monaco team that knocked him out of the CL lmao

The entire Monaco team will be in the PL next season anyway so Pep's trying to get in first

>le too smart to figure out where 60m player will fit in man

youtube.com/watch?v=1MuvoYW2Vhw

1st half only lost the ball twice, 2nd half he lost it more cuz he ran out of steam (thanks to the intensity Monaco played that game) and that's why he was subbed

yet he's not a winger. he's a playmaker being used in a 4-4-2 with double pivot who receives in the wing and drifts to the center to create play.
>I don't know why team are wanting Silva over him
because Silva has ball control and creates play, Barcelona-style player and Lemar is just pacy nigger

>Aguero gets injured
>beaten in a few big fixtures
>play like shite on offdays against relegation trash

Same thing as always, they're poor at riding leads out.

currently >we believe against all reason that kompany will stay alive for another campaign

We should have gone for him

Defence is overrated

Last season
>outscore opponents

Next season
>outscore opponents even harder

And then they wonder why Ligue 1 can't stay competitive

>Bernardo Silva
>pacy winger

what did he mean by this?

Just your average eplel fan.

>released all their fullbacks clichy, sagna, zabaleta

Pep going for the old 2-4-4 next season

>Lemar is just pacy nigger
Nope, he's a very creative winger, but he looked lost without Mendy against Juventus.

None of them would even touch the first team for Real Madrid, buyern or Juventus.

>tf

No you fucking retard.

>if you can't defeat them, buy them

>Lemar
>creative

Isn't next season when the FA starts retroactive bans for diving? Half those players are going to be unavailable at any one time.

>I rate headcrabs

They're bringing in Walker and Mendy.

can't wait to see all the mess that causes when players get retrospectively banned after diving and getting a pen, how can the FA excuse that

one step closer to instant video replays

I like this Monaco way of selling for huge money but at the same time spending big themselves.

yet thats all anyones done to pogba this season

Halt dein Maul you stupid spic.

>£60m for the Portuguese wilshere

LOL

who is this guy???

I DID IT AGAIN GUISE

He played in central midfield all year

Are you confusing him with another silva?

>I rate Zidane though.

into the trash it goes

>classic mistake of buying players from opponent that beat you
>classic mistake of buying player for position you don't need
>classic mistake of ignoring real problem (defense)

Why does anyone rate Poop?

*doesn't fall for your devilish ways*

don't say anything about my dad or I'll cut you!!

>city who had to play toure and delph don't need central midfielders
wut

any girl with enough make-up can look like this

Flair and technique. He's an exciting player although he did nothing of real note in the CL knockout rounds.

Not a City supporter but I'm looking forward to seeing him in the PL regardless. £43m sounds a lot better than £70m.

Portuguese media saying that he will be announced today or tomorrow.

60M€

lads, confused City fan here

Judging from this season with City alone, Pep likes three centre mids. He likes one to drop deep and he likes the other two to be involved in attacking moves.

Now, Silva and De Bruyne are both great players, but aren't exactly the same. Silva is a world class starter of moves, a brilliant passer, with the touch of a God and true awareness. Whereas De Bruyne seems to be more of a 'final ball' guy, exceptional at crossing and not afraid to smash one from distance

So does Pep like this set up, i.e. one "retainer/move starter" and one "stats" man? (as in, KDB got a shit load of assists this season, but I bet Silva was the one who truly made most of the goals)

Or am I reading too much into the individual styles of players? And have I got it completely wrong anyway?

>the real question
Where does Bernardo Silva fit into this? Assuming he's coming to City and not United (which isn't a sure thing at all) you would imagine he would be one of the two creative central mids.

>the DM
And what's his plans for the third centre mid? Is he making Gundogan eat horse placenta all summer, so he gets superhuman, and is never injured again? Or is Gundogan not tough/defensive enough for that DM role, and he's a backup to Silva/De Bruyne? Is the DM role for Fernandino/A. N. Other?

Of course, that assumes Yaya Toure goes. And while I love the man for what he did, now he is past it and should most definitely leave.

>while I'm here
Pablo Zabaleta, what a fucking hero. I was at the Leicester game, glad I got to see him one last time before he left. Thanks for everything, Zaba

i think after all the busts they bought in defense they just gave up on buying defense and decided they will just win 7-5 every game

>what is defense?

inb4 pep plays silva at rb

To be fair as a replacement for Navas I'd take him. That right side of City's game is only >sterling. Nolito is probably leaving too. Think they could do with another midfielder who isn't permacrocked or old. Then focus on bringing in some wingbacks and a keeper if they're not keeping Hart and they're good to go.

Emre Can is joining for Liverpool.

ITK

>trying to find a rational in Poop's signings

You don't need defense when you have the ball the whole game, the opponent can only score if they have the ball, and you deny it

no room for Can

'no'

>gundam
>kompman

>implying an Sup Forums poster can understand the 4d chess going on in Guardiola's mind

Ah yes, the Inverted Christmas Tree

given up on gundogan already?

The infamous " Sprinkler" tactics

Jorge jesus to PSG confirmed

Well, he's a winger for starters. And how does this address their pathetic defense?

>it's real
YEEEEEES

lucky Monaco will sell all of it's players or he'd be screwed

--------------------- Bravo
------------------ Kompany
Gundogan - Fernandinho - Touré
B.Silva - De Bruyne - D.Silva - Sané
------------- G.Jesus - Agüero

Literally who can stop us lads?

>Monaco signed Tielemans yesterday
Monaco, again

>jesus trying to speak french

who is gonna be Silva's replacement?

>Tielememes
Oh boy

Tielemans, you know that kid every european giants wanna buy but decided to stay at Anderlecht

Wait, I though Bravo was done at CIty. Why are people putting him in next season's line-ups? Wasn't he dropped for Caballero?