Is she being ironic or is she really that big of a pleb?

is she being ironic or is she really that big of a pleb?

Other urls found in this thread:

adage.com/article/agency-news/converse-cmo-geoff-cottrill-joins-mullenlowe-boston/303484/
digiday.com/marketing/mullenlowes-geoff-cottrill-brands-screw-music-marketing/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geoff_Cottrill
Sup
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

ICP are criminally underrated. They got turned into a meme when they actually have some great tunes.

Have you ever seen her on What's In My Bag? She is a turbopleb

why is grimes so cute

>justin bieber is under appreciated
>blink 182 was the gateway drug to aphex twin

what the fuck is she even saying

from her What's In My Bag she seems like a "humble contrarian" type.
>isn't it unique that I'm an artsy person that likes Justin Beiber guys!!
she seems kind of fake, honestly.

claire

boucher

This. Reminds me of DFW and his top books

It seems like she's being an attention whore/having fun. Sort of like wearing it ironically, but being very committed to maintaining the joke.

No irony involved, she's a girly girl who makes cutesy pop music.

>he doesn't rate ICP
I bet you're one of those fags who laugh at them for "how do magnets work" but can't actually explain how they work.
It was a legitimate question than most engineering and physics students can't answer.
Fuck you.

this isn't terribly hard to understand in terms of coolness but i'll actually explain it to you: insane clown posse are a group that have became notorious. they are wildly known and hated by normies, so there's some cool points right there. then there's the fact that the fat clown and the skinny clown actually seem to know a lot about hip-hop, especially the old detroit scene. then there's the fact that they don't take themselves too seriously and have a legion of actually persecuted mutant, mongoloid fans. they clearly bested sharon osborne in banter. it's not that hard to understand. all of this stuff should be recognized instantly and intuitively. it's basic-tier hipness. when you wear an article of clothing that is bound to receive harsh judgement you get cool points

>Captura de pantalla
End your life you piece of shit shitskin.

The only thing icp ever did of importance was inspire a shitty character in a webcomic

>you get cool points

from retards?

that same song has a line about a bird stealing his phone or something? if it's funny then it's probably meant to be funny.

At some point it became cool among plebs to like Justin Bieber

harsh

how does it feel that we shitskins continue flooding your precious white europe and usa? enjoy smelling my race feces whitey

enjoy washing my car for a dollar

no

Well she's an industry plant marketed at niche demos who has her music produced based on the newest buzz genre like witchhouse and dream pop back around the time I stopped caring about her.
You may as well be asking about Avril Lavigne being into skateboards.
Grimes may as well make a horrorcore album next. Juggalo grimes.

i think i know her pretty well at this point

>Well she's an industry plant
stopped reading here

she had an agenda. trashing pop stars would really bad for her if she decide to go into industry circlejerk which she did. She wanted to be producer firsthand.

>if I ignore information then it doesn't real !
Really a healthy approach to discussion.
Fun fact: Grimes has, every release, had her music and her aesthetics aimed at the new emerging buzz genres in niche, teen markets. Her sngles were used as backing tracks in European advertisements as soon as her first album released. She literally started in the public eye, there's really no denying that she is an industry plant.

>industry plant
learn what this term actually means first before typing another load of bs

bump

i need a quick rundown on yorubafag. does he have a job or something?

>I have no argument but I'll claim your one doesn't make any sense with a vague statement and no actual reason ! That way I can keep pretending my waifu has integrity that she never had to begin with !
Fuck off, retard.

no u

bump

the great milenko is unironically a good album. sure the shit they say is dumb as fuck, but its still fun and has a put together aesthetic, and they both have great flow and delivery.
grimes is generic and boring as fuck though.

Her last.fm profile from 2006 was pretty avant-teen and way before mu/pleddit started to change teenager lives forever

ever using a shit blog service like fucking lastfm is just embarrassing

>a pop musician is a pleb
whoa whoa

she is a dumb bitch who looks like female Lurch. Anyone who likes her music opinions can be thrown away instantaneously.

bump

she's pleb as fuck. watch her what's in my bag

Opinions in general are completely irrelevant outside of people you know for the sake of your relationship with them.
Preference isn't measurable. You should only care about the facts - like that Grimes has a horrifyingly wide nose, is an industry plant and makes shitty pop music derived from whichever genre is popular with fat 15 year old lesbians at the time.

Maybe at first, but now they think they can piss on anything and it will sell. IDK, I think the quality control on most of their recent releases has gone down the drain.

No it's literal and unequivocal garbage in musical form

fuck off

I keep telling you guys that its a bunch of spics shitting up this board. I've been on Sup Forums long enough to know how they type and shitpost. Also they try really hard to fit in by using words like "pleb". People who heavily use terms like these are fucking beaners. Like the spics that overuse words like dude in a conversation to blend in.

is grimes a beaner?

On a more serious note, it would be very interesting if there's conclusive proof that she is indeed an industry plant. We've determined that Clairo is.

in 2004-2008 it was free music streaming service with amazing library of artists

>hated by normies
more like made fun of

Source?

ill send you a link

kek

>when you like something just because other people dislike it that makes you cool
this is the stupidest shit i've ever read. you can't just go through life as a blind contrarian and expect anybody to take you seriously.

>We've determined that Clairo is.
how?

clairo dad is millionaire music/marketing industry jew, and clairo even did some shit for his campaigns. Also she is filthy rich playing poor girl.

>her dad is rich so she's a plant
Wow, my dad is a busdriver so does that mean when I get a train that I'm a plant too? That's a retarded leap of logic, man.

I'm not . Here:
adage.com/article/agency-news/converse-cmo-geoff-cottrill-joins-mullenlowe-boston/303484/
digiday.com/marketing/mullenlowes-geoff-cottrill-brands-screw-music-marketing/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geoff_Cottrill

bump, people must know what sort of music cancery Clairo is.

There's a photo of her in a campaign for Visa or MasterCard I believe. I've lost the link to a particualr thread. Could anyone remember what it was?

>She literally started in the public eye, there's really no denying that she is an industry plant.
Please post examples of European adverts from 2010 featuring clips from Geidi Primes. I'll wait.

>grimes is generic
Compared to which other SPECIFIC artists?

>boring as fuck
Maybe to you. Not to me.

This is an 18+ board bro

Pleb/patrician is a meme concept propogated by by sophomoric music fans who mistakenly thing that objective musical complexity == subjective musical quality. Using it just means you're a moron.

I'm not an advert archive, mate.
She had a track in an ad for the O2 phone network and there were two more ads with her tracks in them at the same time on heavy rotation that I didn't bother to remember because I'm not autistic.
The first time I listened to Grimes (like a week or two after her album came out) my first thought was 'this is that track from that shitty ad'. You can go research it yourself if you want.

>horrifyingly wide nose
Horror is a subjective emotional reaction - it can't be objective.

>is an industry plant
This is objectively FALSE.

>popular with fat 15 year old lesbians
How can you claim to know so much about what music 15 year old lesbians listen to unless are you one yourself? Are you aware that this is an 18+ website? And regardless - what difference would this make to anyone else?

>t. Person who has never listened to all of it

No, this is a meme perpetuated by damage controlling Grimesfags with shit taste

>they try really hard to fit in by using words like "pleb".
see
Although there's a major problem with your theory: I'm the one who wrote that and I'm an unironic Grimes fan...

You should say that to everyone that waifus her on the board then

You just proved how much of a newfag you are

>you can't just go through life as a blind contrarian and expect anybody to take you seriously.
Not that I disagree, but your own posts ITT prove otherwise...

the great malinko is good
aaaand that's about it. i tried listening to some more recent shit and it's either total garbage or total meme fodder with some of the asinine dumb shit in their lyrics. I'm sure plenty a lyric gets parroted like rick and morty lines to one another at gathering of the juggalos but in rick and morty's defense you have to have a high iq to understand it and in order to understand icp you need to have roughly the same iq as a glass of los angeles tap water

user, posting macro image replies is against board rules.

>Horror is a subjective emotional reaction
Horror is also a cultural thematic term that describes genres of film, music, imagery and so forth. Grotesquely wide noses absolutely fit into the category of horror. You don't know what objective means, obviously.

>This is objectively FALSE
It's actually not. It is anecdotal and circumstantial but it's not objectively anything. It's evidence so you can't classify it as an object - it includes several. The evidence points to the likelihood of her being a plant (a very high likelihood). It doesn't prove that she is, but it may as well do.

>How can you claim to know so much about what music 15 year old lesbians listen to unless are you one yourself
>how do you know what dogs eat unless you are on yourself
>how can you know what Americans vote for unless you are one yourself
You're an idiot. 'fat lesbian teenagers' was descriptive hyperbole, for starters - so your remark about being underage flips back to you since you can't read beyond the level of a small child. Secondly, you can very easily observe trends among any sort of people by simply being alive and leaving your house regularly so long as you live in an applicable place (like a major European city such as the one I live in).

You don't deserve this (you), yorubafag. I've explained what the word objective means to you before (and of course you still don't know what it means) so I won't waste my time on that again.

>She had a track in an ad for the O2 phone network and there were two more ads with her tracks
Tracks from her THIRD studio album (fourth official release overall) Visions - NOT her first album Geidi Primes. So far the only time music from that album has been used on the telly was an advert for THIS YEAR'S season of American Horror Story. Your are factually indirect with all of your points.

* You are factually incorrect...

>It's actually not. It is anecdotal and circumstantial but it's not objectively anything. It's evidence so you can't classify it as an object - it includes several. The evidence points to the likelihood of her being a plant (a very high likelihood). It doesn't prove that she is, but it may as well do.
Now THIS is /TMZ/ tier journalism.

Is it just me?

The Great Malenko wasn't bad, but everything else is utter shit
See

Just so it's clear, a big reason people hate icp is because most of their user base are trash. I dont even mean to sound like a dick, but it's something they cling to. They think theyre different and thats the only reason people dont like them. But the majority of them have shitty hygiene, ruin their life with shitty hard drugs, and for some reason they usually talk too much about their criminal record.
I work at a music store and ICP fans buy a lot of physical media. I'll be at the grocery store and see one of these gross motherfuckers and think "wow, i bet he listens to ICP."
He then comes up to me and says he knows me from the record store and talks about riddlebox or some shit.

It's kind of like how tools fanbase are usually atheists who take tool too seriously.

Or Odd future was a bunch of rich white boys or nerds yelling "KILL PEOPLE FUCK SCHOOL" in class.

I do. Lurk more. Waifufaggery is absolutely retarded. It's little better than outright trolling.

This is utter bollocks. It would be more believable if grimes herself plagiated advertisment. On the other hand she had shitty manager Seb who might sold it as elevator music without her knowledge as she owned the rights. Either way it is not grimes fault.

It prevented people from giving you more replies and wasting their time. And what rules are you talking about? The ones that allowed this board to die a slow excruciating death?

>It's impossible for muh special edgy indie pop musician to like a very successful popstar
Fucking classic

i'm sure there's an entire diy pop scene but grimes got popular because of her personal quirkiness not anything in her music

Honey, I've been bringing this up on here for YEARS...

>Horror is also a cultural thematic term
"Horror" is a noun. You used "horrific" which is an adjective descriptive modifier which only has subjective significance.

>It's evidence so you can't classify it as an object
Evidence is an objective thing by definition mate.
>The evidence points to the likelihood of her
NOT being a plant. Definitively so. The only reason there is for you thinking otherwise is because you're paranoid.

>b-but music is subjective!
this is just an excuse that poptimist plebs use to justify the fact that they like listening to distasteful garbage. art has objective qualities AND objective cultural context. the commodification of insincere pop music alone should be enough to turn off someone who actually takes art seriously.

no

he wasn't being sincere with that list

>And what rules are you talking about?
You know - the site-wide rules that nitwits like you never seem to read:
>You will not post any of the following outside of Sup Forums: Trolls, flames, racism, off-topic replies, uncalled for catchphrases, MACRO IMAGE REPLIES,
Sup Forums.org/rules#global3

Then why is her music getting increasingly popular while she's also been getting increasingly less quirky in public?

Wasn't DFW the guy in that Gen X writers scene always complaining about lack of sincerity?

>art has objective qualities AND objective cultural contex
Art is just a special term for the subjective emotional responses people have to physical objects. Objective art is a contradiction in terms.

dude you're such a child. the only reason why you're tattling is because that macro effectively shuts down the stale argument that you try to make in every single thread. we could easily copy and paste the post from the archive instead. would that make you happy? [spoiler] of course it wouldn't because it isn't the rule violation that you're actually salty about. it's the fact that you can't trick people into thinking grimes is unique with your bullshit semantics anymore [spoiler]

>tattling
user, if Sup Forums's posting rules truly discomfit you this much you're free to leave... just not to continue breaking them.

Im going to tell you this right now 5 years from now hipster musician will be ironically performing at the gathering of the juggalos and the juggallos will be sincerely throwing beer bottles at their heads

>it's another "if a tree falls in the forest" episode
art is originally a reflection of the artist. it only becomes subjective in the eyes of the consumers if/when the artist decides to display it in public.