Other urls found in this thread:

neverendingchartrendering.org/
youtube.com/watch?v=yY0RhPt-adI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

post space bm right now

Old thread

The best there is

This is an actual good forest rock album and I typically can't stand how pastiche those albums are.

I listened to Earth and Pillars - Earth I and I wanted to fucking sleep

charts anyone?

i'm listening to german stuff today, wondering if anyone has any recs
austria and switzerland is fine too

>I listened to Earth and Pillars - Earth I and I wanted to fucking sleep
Is this a compliment or criticism?

I'm lagging behind, any reccomendations would be appreciated

>not an official genre

Can you give me the adress to the HQ of Black Metal Genre Classification and see if we can petition them to recognize SBM?

In this instance it is not a compliment, I found it incredibly flat and uninteresting.

How buried the vocals were in the mix was the most interesting part of the album.

Was blasting this earlier today actually. Great stuff.

Do you post this chart, updated, in every /nbbmn/? Not complaining, it's pretty interesting to follow (if that is the same chart).

Trying to decide if I want to finish Dead As Dreams or keep listening to white nationalist podcasts

Not him but alot of posters keep a chart for the month that they post as they update it

>literally 21 min of silence
absolute mad man

I suppose. This chart I saw also started with the first 4 Bathory albums a few threads back though.

Can anybody else feel themselves slowing down?

my chart

This, here's my current one

Lots of people started the month with bathory

ye I post it every now and then
how's riivaus?
well the first time i posted it had the first row already

Sergiy is a madman

I really enjoyed the album, one of my favourites so far this year next to Mopok

ABSURD!!!!!!!!!!!!

that one looks good too, I'll check em out when I dig more into 2017
Facta Loquuntur for starters?

What Azaghal albums are worth listening to?

If you can work with rawness Facta Loquuntur is a good starting point, Der Fünfzehnjährige Krieg is a perfect starting point aswell, it's rerecordings of most of their classics (also most of Facta)
I'd just listen to their whole discography honestly, I catch myself doing that every now and then, their discography is just perfect imo.

alright thanks
don't mind rawness, I quite like it

Sure! Enjoy.

Not really, but I've been careful with what I'm blastin'. Trying to save some of my favorites for last.

This is so good

Hmm actually a very nice chart, I think I might save this for further purposes
t. Another Atmofag

What substitute for Topsters is everyone using again?
I haven't used topsters or any substitute of it before, but I guess it serves its purpose for nbbmn and I should start adding albums now or it'll be too many for my lazy ass.

WILD AND FREE!

PRIMORDIAL!

WILD AND FREE!

PRIMORDIAL!

Screencap it my man

DMDS has some really skippable songs

The site even saves the chart for you.

Thanks alot!

How can you be so wrong. Every track is a classic, even the slightly weaker (songwriting wise) Funeral Fog.

>Sjel av Natten
My negroid
I have a tape of it coming in the mail, will be perfect to round out the month.

Post-DMDS Mayhem is Best Mayhem.

do all these people with none of the essentials on their charts intentionally avoid them?

>Funeral Fog
Best song on the album.

I listened to all of the "essentials" before November started and now I'm just listening to albums I like and albums i haven't heard yet

They probably listened to them enough times already. I use november to find out about new BM that I wouldn't have heard otherwise.

yes. Great songs but as an album it gets redundant

I sort of missed out on black meal the last year and I think I'll use this november to "fill the gaps" on important bands I have like dissection or immortal and It's quite comfy d.e.s.u.

fine taste there and it fits

nsbm

Literally how wrong can you even be. DMDS is one of the few albums where I think every single track is excellent.

>black magick SS
shit fake heavy psych hipstegaze wotanic "meal"
this. Also The black vomit is an insane track

too bad the follow up fucking sucks

What 1st wave albums don't count in your opinion?

what is this? reverse search turns up nothing

Mersarthim - some morse code name

Rank Leviathan's records best to worst, anons

True Traitor>10th sub>Massive Conspiracy>Scar Sighted>Tentacles of Whorror>Howl Mockery

And that morse code spells "absence" in case you wondered.

thx, my dudes

Nah

I disagree. Cursed in Eternity, From the Dark Past, and Life Eternal are peak Euron. Funeral Fog and Freezing Moon are classics but less developed in their writing.

>Counts: bands that are actually black metal (Bathory, Hellhammer, Tormentor, etc.)
>Doesn't count: bands that are not black metal (Mercyful Fate, Slayer, Destruction, etc.)
It's really not that difficult

Sub Level > Conspiracy > Tenticals > Scar Sighted > Splinters > True Traitor

Venom
Just because it was influential to the style doesn't make it black metal

I could let Venom slide (personally) because they kind of coined the term with their album
Agree with mostly tho
But I also don't really give a shit what other people listen to in nbbmn as long as the recs are good.

Well yeah, no shit but people have different opinions on this matter and I'm curious to know which bands in particular don't count in others' opinions.

Regardless, it was what made Quorthon record the first Bathory album, and it's really good. If you're a fan of BM there's no reason not to listen to it.

youtube.com/watch?v=yY0RhPt-adI

solid 7/10 lads

in my opinion, the first real black metal album that wasn't more thrash than black was batlords s/t

My favourite band is Boyzone. What Black Metal band is best for me to start with?

What is boyzone?

What a unique opinion

I see this thread in the catalog, what does NBBMN mean?

I know. Fucking shame

I'll always think that bands like bathory, celtic frost and sarcofago were actually more similar to slayer tan to darkthrone, the whole "second wave of black metal" is just an influential bunch of bands from norway build around mayhem

An Irish boyband from 1989. I Love The Way You Love Me, A Different Beat, Baby, Can I Hold You, Picture Of You, Love Me For A Reason, etc.

nothing but black men November
celebration of our brothas and sistas

Thrashy stuff like Poison, Slaughter, Sepultura, Sabbat, Messiah. Then there's your Sarcofago, Vulcano, Bulldozer etc which are closer to bm aesthetically but still debatable imo. I don't think a true BM album appeared until UtSotBM, and Anno Domini after it.

Interesting.
Well you're in the right genre, there are only boybands in black metal!
Start with classics like Mayhem, they were cute boys in their prime.

Atmoblack from the 00's is the best the genre has to offer, you can disregard the rest if you like

here's mine p much

FUCK this is good

very wrong

Thanks. I've heard that one with the latin title and dark cover art is one of the genres classics. Dom Mysterius Des Satanas, or something?

>eisenwinter
into the trash it goes

>not including Verräter
His demos were some of his best material, especially Intolerance; White Devil, Black Metal; and Inclement Derision.

you're retarded

when people say black metal peaked in the early 90s I have to just s m h(shake my head) because I know how wrong they are

>His demos were his best material
ftfy

I just spent the last five minutes trying to find this album
Did not think it'd be called Planet ZOG

>do all these people with none of the essentials on their charts intentionally avoid them?
I know I do. During this NBBMN I'm trying to focus on albums that I haven't listened to in a while. I personally think this is much more interesting than just listening to all the essentials and your safe favorite albums for the entire month.

Blast it.

Norwegian 2nd wave is the archetypal black metal style for the most part, however the Greek scene for instance is definitely part of the 2nd wave without being an imitation of the Norwegian sound.