Hardware or Death Machine? Which movie is better?

For me Death Machine because of the more industrial and badass style, but Hardware is better hiding influences. Also, are there any similar movies to these ones?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SoL5T3JtMgY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Check out Ghost in the Machine

not really similar to hardware in terms of story but a scifi with a similar kind of humor

Looks great, I'll check that. Thanks buddy!

I'll add this to my list. Imo there's not a lot humor in Hardware. It's a film that you should not take very seriously, but it's quite dark at some points. Thanks for the rec user!

>Hardware is better hiding influences.

It should be. It was literally plagiarized from a Judge Dredd strip and the comic publisher sued them.

Hardware dawdled, and focused on uninteresting characters, when you have best girl in front of you.

Also recommend.

Wasn't supposed to be based on Shok!? Didn't know they actually sued them. Also by better hiding influences I was comparing it with Death Machine which is a movie that mixes Alien, Robocop and Die Hard in one movie and the names of it's characters are from well known horror and sci-fi directors.

Maybe, but I see it as warm up to what it'll come after. Imo it was very smart to start with those desert sequences because they tricked me. I thought I was going to see some subpar Mad Max shit but then it becomes a slasher that takes place in a murky apartament and the surrounding neighbourhood + that stalker guy. I didn't see that coming.

Well, for its failings, people took the good parts out of it and went on to create other great works.

> Hardware is better at hiding influences

hahahaha

Death Machine has more Dourif.

Yep man, it's basically the same story but I thought that this was approved. I didn't know they were sued. At least, that stalker man it's an addition.

And he is really great in it! Also, William Hootkins is in both movies.

Although that Judge Dredd comic stripe is the main influence(rip off), the movie incorporated some other ones: The warrior attitude of Jill towards the end of the film and the scene where she is in complete darkness with a blowtorch reminded me of Alien. Also, there's some Mad Max desert kind of thing at the beginning and some chinese decoration like neon dragon lights and lamps from Blade Runner. And I think these other film influences were hidden like they tried to get away with it. In Death Machine all the influences are shown deliberately and with no remorse.

>that stalker guy

Death Machine for me

Any one know the name of an old early 90s cyborg movie?

All I can remember is some special force squad has to hunt down a cyborg. It takes place in texas or south cali.

Did the Simpsons Halloween special parody this when the appliances come to life?

death machine for dourif and chicken

The beginning of Death Machine involves a special force squad that has to hunt down some kind of cyborg that goes out of control in a place which looks like Texas.

Watch the first 5 mins of this to confirm.
youtube.com/watch?v=SoL5T3JtMgY

Death Machine has prime Brad Dourif & Richard Brake. It wins simply because the drooling factor!

>Dourif will never stalk you like that
Why even live?

Hardware starts out cool with PiL and Motorhead on the soundtrack and the scavenger character in the desert, but when it settles into the actual plot, a slasher movie set in a single cramped apartment, it becomes tedious and flat-out incompetent. Richard Stanley's filmmaking skills would vastly improve with Dust Devil.

Death Machine is a trashy masterpiece from beginning to end.