Can a band with a curse word in its name ever achieve mainstream success?

Can a band with a curse word in its name ever achieve mainstream success?

No. A local band tried and failed hard. But then again they're just a bunch of dumb hipsters so who cares.

but was it because of their name

Anal Cunt

Starfucker aren't that great. Now Starfuckers, that's where it's at

Starfucker's music has been included in Target and AT&T commercials.

Yes because no one would play their music cause they couldn't say "that was cunt made out of shit you just heard". They tried to rebrand but no one cared.

Not a curse word, but Nashville Pussy was nominated for a Grammy once.

Alabama Thunderpussy

B***hole Surfers

Probably not.

Damn Yankees

well theres LMFAO

>LMFAO

that doesn't count

Fuck Buttons had some slight commercial success around 2009. One of their tracks was used by Top Gear I seem to remember.

Starfuckers incorporated

Niggaz Wit Attitudes did it, though it helps that everyone just calls them NWA instead
Sex Pistols also. "Sex" was still a fairly taboo word at the time.
and also Apparently they were referred to as the "Buttonhole" Surfers on many radio stations

this is crazy because last night I was trying to find the Dave Navarro song where he says Star Fucker in the chorus and this band kept popping up

fuck's album pretty...slow was moderately popular

I enjoy a fair amount of starfucker's catalog, so I went to a live show recently. Don't know what I was expecting, but it turned out to be like a fucking pride parade. Totally ruined them for me.

Starfucker's lineup has changed significantly since 2008. The first time I saw them was in a bar for deaf students (no joke)... about 30 people in attendance and it was amazing.

lately their music has just become generic indie pop and is forgettable. SAD

That's pretty shitty, I saw them earlier this year and it wasn't anything like that.

When I saw of montreal, however, it was exactly like that, although that's to be expected.