Bjork /bork/

>tfw you will never hear Stonemilker for the first time again

Are you ready for Utopia (to leak)? Her longest album ever? Featuring a flute orchestra and authentic Icelandic birdsong recordings?

i want to shit on her feet

if this next album works i will shot myself after listening to the whole album, and livestream it on twitch, and post the link to Sup Forums

Average Björk fans.

This is why only gay Björk fans are true fans.

Can’t wait, really hope it leaks soon, I wonder if there’ll be another single before the album’s out, she said she’s working on a new video anyway.

The hype is real my dude, this is really fast on Bjork standards, the album cover is great too

11/24

>Q: One of the new songs is called Future Forever, would you like to live forever?
>A: No, i'll be sincere. Even if there are a lot of things that i would like to do and and i'll not be able to do.

>Q: For example?
>A: I'm mostly referring to my job. Songs are still my main life project. This one in particular talks about when you arrive in a new place and you're simply there, staring at the sunset, the horizon, and you feel full of hopes for the future. there are sad, complicated, easy, colorful songs, that deserve to exist, this is one of them.

kino

Kind of surprised this hasn’t leaked yet, pretty sure every album since Post has leaked by this point. Wonder if press have copies or they were invited to listen to it. It’ll be hard to stop a leak when physical copies get manufactured anyway, I’ll be impressed if it doesn’t leak.

Lyric from Sue Me: Let's break this curse so it won't fall on our daughter...sue me all you want

The stonemilker video actually brought me to tears lol

I was too busy scrolling around trying to follow her.

I remember it was just past midnight and it was such an intimate and emotional song and video I felt like I was closer to her than ever in a way

Homogenic era she was most qt

>tfw you will never discover her music again
Literally one of my favourite music related memories ever is listening to Debut for the first time in secondary school. It was at the end of a half term in November and I was really bored with all the rock music I was listening to and also kinda depressed because of various reasons and this album just made me really happy. Start to finish I just had the biggest smile.

Literally so excited. Hoping for something that's melodic but still atmospheric. I love it when albums sort of take you to another place when you listen to them like Homogenic, vespertine and vulnicura and most her her music does. And this is kinda what it sounds like to me what it's gonna be so far, so I'm pretty hyped

She will take you to her Utopia.

desu I've been going through all her albums again in anticipation of this and I can find enjoyment in her whole discog. I don't think she's released at straight up bad album and there's definitely interesting elements in everything she's done which makes it all worth revisiting I think

I love the atmosphere of homogenic. I listened to it on Sunday and it's such a rollercoaster ride of emotions. Her voice is so fragile but powerful at the same time and the whole album has such a distinct direction and I love how every song sort of unfolds. All Neon Like may be my favourite björk song, it's just so harshly beautiful. I feel like I'm in some kind of digital wide open space when I hear it and in a way it sounds a lot like the album cover.

>rollercoaster ride of emotions
>I feel like I'm in some kind of... wide open space
That's how I feel with most of her work, even Debut.

Anyone seen her live here? What's it like?
I watched the 1999 Reykjavik concert on youtube and thought it was brilliant

Me too. It's very uplifting and reassuring but also there's something quite melancholic about debut

I kind of hope it doesn't leak for her sake and I like to think if it does I'll be responsible enough not to listen to it until the official release but I'm not sure I'll be able to trust myself not to

>something quite melancholic about debut
I can see that, especially on some of the slower tracks. The Anchor Song in particular hits pretty hard.

Watched it w those things that turn your phone into vr goggles. Literally spun around a big empty room like a crazy person while silently sobbing

This. I feel like I should at least have some restraint if I'm not going to buy it anyway.

i love 2000's björk
youtu.be/XmDYMwTSazY

Why is Vespertine her best album and why is Vulnicura her worst one

I don't know, why don't you tell us user?

I have, it was amazing. Last year in London, it was just her and an orchestra. Her voice is so good live, videos don’t do it justice. She played “I’ve seen it all” for the first time since 2001 so that was really surprising.

Will see her during the Utopia tour for sure. Last year she said she was done with big tours saying she just wants to make albums and she’ll just be playing one off shows here and there like she has been doing recently, but when asked about a Utopia tour in a more recent interview she said “stay tuned”

That 1999 show is great but I think either Vespertine at Royal Opera House or Volta Live are my favourites out of the officially released dvds.

Were there ever points where her voice seemed to falter a bit, or she fumbled a bit during a song? I've noticed this in some of the more recent performances I've watched.

What did he mean by this

Not really, I would’ve remembered, honestly she was perfect, best show I’ve ever been to.

Though she didn’t play Hyperballad, and I’ve noticed she sometimes struggles during that which is odd seeing as she sings much higher notes in other songs fine, I just assume it’s because it’s always the last song and her voice has worn out a bit, I don’t know really.

>Hyperballad
This is what I was talking about in particular, I was watching her perform it at FYF and she was constantly out of breath and calling for the audience to sing along. Part of me thinks those outfits may be more cumbersome to her performances than she thinks.

Has anyone here watched Dancer in the Dark?

Yeah, love it but I don’t think I’d watch it again, too sad

Going to rewatch it soon as part of my Björk binge, ready to get destroyed like it was the first time. When in the movie did the tears really start flowing for you?

Did she vomit on herself?

I wish I could vomit pearls.

Someone emailed her label on her forum:

“okay the shipping will take place before the release date as the formats of the record shall be in the warehouse before those dates.

so yes the cd's should be shipped in advance about a week or so.“

The end but I was on the verge of tears for most of it.

I legit fucking collapsed at the end. Fell out of my chair. I was sobbing when Bill started fucking with Selma, but the tears started when Jeff told Selma that he loved her. Such an understated moment, but it has so much impact. You should rewatch it sometime.