I have I dilemma Sup Forums, and I will let you decide the course of my life

I have I dilemma Sup Forums, and I will let you decide the course of my life.

I have a girlfriend that I absolutely love. On the other side I have a dream of becoming a theoretical physicist, and I just got offered a PhD position in the very field I'm most interested in. The downside is that this position is in another country, four hours away by pane, which means that would have to leave my girlfriend, and for all eternity be a loner, and miss her.

First dubs descides my fate.

Pic semi-related. It's what physicists call "a pair of pants".

Did you ask her what she thinks about this situation? If she really loves you and cares about you she'll want you to go tbh

She wants me to go. But she also does not want a long distance relationship, and says that it would be over for us if I went.

Ask her if she would come with you

Oof tough decision user, don't really have any suggestions for you as both things are super important. Hope everything works out

Don't put your dreams on hold because of another person. Talk to her about it, if she's unhappy/unwilling to move with you then leave her.

If she says no ask yourself, would you rather be making a lot less and with her or making more and looking out for yourself?

Get her to go with you dude

It doesn't sound like she really wants to be with you. A person who can't handle the distance wasn't meant to last, sorry op.

How long have you been together?

I have, but she has her own dream, also in physics. The problem is that, in her field, our current city is the most advanced one in the world.

Physics it is then

If it's love don't waste it. But sounds like it's not if you both value your careers over each other. It's not meant to be in that case and hopefully you'll find someone in your new life.

I would be making 1300 dollars per month, which is not very much according to my standards. I'm only considering it because it's my dream.

A year and a half.

The dubs have spoken

Winner. Thank you user, and ty everyone else who responded

Whats your field?

I hope that I won't regret it!

Physics

Quantum field theory and cosmology

Important fields, better focus on that shit and start quantifying gravity, you lazy fucks should have solved that shit by now!

Yes I have a theory, which if correct would solve the problem of quantum gravity. This is what drives me. It's a serious theory not some meme, I'm not the only one who had thought of it.

Explain plz

Become a probability wavelength and do both

Think of dark energy and dark matter as consequences of the same phenomena: the decay of SM particles into space in the abscence of a gravitational field. Would solve: DM, DE and inflation. Search on google for "scale invariance of empty space" by some dude named "meander", if you're interested.

Interesting, thanks

Maybe you could get both.
Choose physics and do what you love.
Women have the problem that if they choose their career over a family their posibility of having one decays as fast as uuu when they reach the 30's.

We're gonna need a picture of her butthole to really give you the best advice.

I'm vegan so I'm never gonna have kids anyway, unless I adopt them. We already aborted one.

I never took one