Pure Kino

Pure Kino
Affleck was great.
M'askyousumthin man was also pretty good.

I haven't seen The Accountant yet but in my mind it's already confirmed as a great movie maligned by modern lefty blogger "critics" because it doesn't adhear to what is fashionable to their infantile sensibilities.

It's Blackhat. It's Batman Vs Superman, it's the Counselor.

It's pretty good. Reminded me a lot of the first Bourne movie which is a good thing. Affleck is a perfect autist.

Very solid action movie with some real characters. Exactly what was needed after the mediocre Bourne 4.

You should just watch it

It is a great movie, Affleck gave a top performance.

>I haven't seen The Accountant yet but in my mind it's already confirmed as a great movie maligned by modern lefty blogger "critics" because it doesn't adhear to what is fashionable to their infantile sensibilities.

I honestly can't tell if you're meming or not.

It's just a B-movie thriller with an overqualified cast.

Nothing gets written off as a joke by leftists unless if gives them something to fear.

Look, it's a high-concept thriller with a script that isn't anywhere near as clever as it thinks it is. It's pretty entertaining, but if you're going in looking for another Blackhat you're going to come out disappointed.

It did a lot of things right. It was just a good movie. Not a fucking rollercoaster with 500 budget filled with CGI bullshit. Movies like this or Nice Guys are a rare breed nowadays, appreciate it.

We have come a long way from Reindeer Games, kek.

The leftists don't like guns. The leftists are uncomfortable with non-neurotypical white men having those guns. There is more to this than you are letting on and I haven't even see the movie.

To them Ben Affleck's character is fuel to the flames of another Columbine, another Adam Lanza, another Elliot Rodger. So they try to bury it and instead support inoffensive quipshit. I say let the fire burn.

Reindeer Games was good though, even if I guessed the twist 10 minutes in

I'm so glad they did not fight at the end. I also really liked how they did not treat you like an idiot and blatantly explained who was supporting Ben on the phone, although it's pretty easy to figure out.

>The leftists don't like guns

Yeah man everyone totally hated John Wick.

> The leftists are uncomfortable with non-neurotypical white men having those guns

They were just worried that it would be another "autism=magical powers" film which was a legitimate concern.

>There is more to this than you are letting on and I haven't even see the movie.

Not really? I'm just being cagey because the film revolves around its puzzle-box screenplay and I doubt you want it spoiled. The problems stem from hacky twists and O'Connors previous film-making obsessions being awkwardly jammed in, not your fake liberal boogeymen.

Hell, a lot of reviews I saw complained that Chekov's gatling gun
never got used for the awesome action scene it was clearly set up for. The complaints had nothing to do with liberal whining.

>Yeah man everyone totally hated John Wick.
Because Reeves is an ethnic minority and the John Wick character was neurotypical.

But that argument doesn't hold water when so many people were complaining about the lack of quality action in the film, and in fact has action setups it doesn'y pay-off.

That's just a smokescreen to disguise the leftist anxiety over white autists having guns.

So you've essentially already made up your mind and aren't going to let things like reality change it.

My thoughts exactly.

Rat face was awful in this

>There is more to this than you are letting on and I haven't even see the movie.

fucking Sup Forums

Once you've been studying the media for long enough to can learn everything you need to know about a movie by seeing how they react to it.

Her character was pointless but she was pretty cute

Ben's character needed a slight edge to stay likable. Without her he would have been just some murdering psychopath. I guess he also helped the elderly couple but who cares about them.

I appreciate that they did not turn her into a love interest though.

I thought she would outright ruin it but she was good, kitchen scene was tense

They showed girl in the end.
At first i thought that was Anna Kendrick.

Also my dad somehow figured that Punisher was brother of Batman before final scene even started.

I thought that was really obvious since they kept showing he had a brother and kept giving Bernthal screen time

Yea, I figured that out by the second scene Jon was in. I had a hunch when he first showed up but by the second scene, I was 99% sure. I figured out who the voice was a few minutes fter I figured out about Jon.

I somehow mistook the dad for the FBI guy though. Don't even know how.

it starts a something like say, Drive, a "realistic" action movie

then it escalates to something like John Wick but in a bad way, suddenly we learn the dad had a martial artist expert training his kids so they can learn how to deal with people? wtf

then the pacing gets killed when 2 characters explain some details in the story/investigation

when the climax comes it kinda feels anticlimatic

then we get an autism psa and a plot twist (!)

it's a mess

I really enjoyed this too. Only problem I had with it was the massive exposition dump by JK Simmons near the end, that killed the pacing for a bit.

Agreed.

Yeah, they wouldn't keep adding individual shots of the brother if he wasn't going to be important in any way. I think you were probably meant to know they were brothers so you were more anxious to see the inevitable conclusion.

I kind of saw some similarities with Drive. Both are about an autist who use their special skills for a normal job during the day but moonlight as badass criminals, althout Driver wasn't explicitly an autist (he certainly was though) and the accountant was more of a vigilante.

10/10
It was perfect, not to little, not to much.
I loved the fact they didn't go to deep in details.
Gonna watch it again.

It' staggering the amount of shilling this movie is getting on Sup Forums.

Fuck off.

10/10 film for me

Why did the critics hate it?

+ Benny Boy blowing Christian Bale's performance in Big Short the FUCK out with regards to portraying autism, in an infinitely less realistic film no less
+ Benny Boy and Titmouse's chemistry
+ /biz/ montages
+ The unexpected wry sense of humour
+ Wolfe's moral code in general and how it's illustrated
+ The general direction and score

- The transition from white collar crime thriller to John Wick-style action fest being awkward, especially when they start trying o justify it with "My dad was in the military"
- That way undercooked subplot with Simmons and the chick trying to track Wolfe down
- Third act in general just feeling rushed and lazy
- The shit with his brother can be called from an hour away
- Weirdly placed flashbacks

6/10. Will rewatch on blu ray.

*trying to justify

why do so many people who don't know anything about cinema come to this board?