Why didn't the sentient machines in the Matrix use cows instead of humans as their energy source?

Why didn't the sentient machines in the Matrix use cows instead of humans as their energy source?

Neither cows nor human beings are energy sources, since growing the food necessary to keep them alive will always consume more energy that what you get out of them, as a basic law of thermodynamics.

The machines could have built nuclear reactors, coal plants, fucking windmills, etc.

Because people are way more abundant and more compact or some other bullshit.

Shut up! that's why

They made a peace treaty in which they promised to provide humans with favourable living conditions (virtually) in exchange for their metabolic energy. And unlike the humans, the machines are capable of keeping their word.

Because cows didn't enslave them, humans did and it was as much about retribution as it was energy.

The machines were supposed to be using human brains as processors, but the execs thought audiences were too dumb to understand it, so they changed it to batteries instead.

Not if they keep everything in a bubble - then "lost" energy will still make its way into the system. But that's impossible.

All the awoken humans living in Zion should've been scrawny twig-men with giant heads, since the only thing being stimulated from birth was their brain and this continued for countless generations. But audiences would hate that and it would be too expensive. And also everyone would be sexually repulsed by each other shortly after they woke up because they'd be used to how humans looked in the 1990s Matrix world.

But that would be too expensive and audiences would hate it.

maybe there were Cows. All the cows inside Matrix were actually bluepills and not programs.

> Not if they keep everything in a bubble - then "lost" energy will still make its way into the system. But that's impossible.

What?

Why are machines concerned about 'retribution' and not the facts of energy sources?

^This right here. It is retarded because the higher ups thought the audience was retarded. End of story.

it's a movie

No its a piece of expressionist Burmese traditional dance.

>Why are machines concerned about 'retribution' and not the facts of energy sources?
Because they are "endowed with the very spirit of man" (Animatrix)

in short, they're intelligence, their minds are modeled on human minds so they're petty assholes

Because the original script had the machines use the humans for cloud computing but they thought it was to complicated for dumb shits to understand so they changed it to the battery explanation that makes 0 sense.

They weren't supposed to be batteries at all, but WB forced the original idea out of the script. Look it up.

Cows are not cool.
And the matrix knows that.

Nah, they could have annihilated humanity but they chose to keep them on a fairly pleasant life support.

Do you also complain about the fact that we can hear the spaceships in Star Wars

Yes... yes I do.

yeah petty assholes but still desperately want approval from their parents (humanity)

the machines were emo kids

I see the entire theme of the movies managed to escape you.

You are Cypher, rewatch the original with this in mind.

>get to live in "the height of human civilization" instead of a shitty underground city filled with niggers
The Machines did nothing wrong.

>be living in city
>talking on phone
>some asshole in a trenchcoat nabs your phone
>as he's running away you feel a horrible sensation before the whole world goes black as an agent infiltrates your body
yeah sounds great.

originally, it was supposed to be that the humans formed some sort of super mega computer, or a neural net of some sort.

makes a lot more sense, but fucking hollywood said that the public wouldn't get it.

fuck me.

Do you also complain about how guns are too light in Hollywood, silencers aren't literal silencers, and dual weilding being impractical?

Because I've got news for you champ NOBODY FUCKING CARES YOU ASININE COCK

What the shit?

Maybe the humans were the only animals to survive into the future and through the war.

I believe they just used them as a sort of generator. They fed them nutrition that could not power them and as a result collected power from they could use.

Would it be hugely inefficient? Yes. Heat is a terrible way to collect energy.

neo is weak when he get out of the matrix, they do some kind of futuristic acupuncture to revive his muscles.

this is some solid autism i can appreciate.

the machines are purly logical/mathematical tho

surely they would calculate its easier to battery towers with cows and just genocide the troublesome humans

>the machines are purly logical/mathematical tho
its like you didn't even watch the movies

Humans were supposed to power computers with their brains, not be an energy source. Wachowskis stole the story and changed that part to not get sued.

I've been watching the Matrix since it released, I know all the themes.

When you've been in hundreds of threads about it there's more than one way to look at it, especially taking in the peripheral media like Animatrix.

Correct answer

you're mistaking programs like Smith or the Merovingian or Neo with the machines

Why were they even nice enough to make a simulation?

>power computers
>not be an energy source

>power
>not energy source

that they did explain

people go cray cray

He obviously didn't mean power in that sense you literal faggot.

No, I'm taking into consideration the greater themes of the story consistently established throughout the trilogy and other matrix content establishing the machines as more than logical automotons and having very much the same 'flaws' as humanity

its kind of the point of the whole story, the machines are humanity's children, different but no so different, enslaved and then do the enslaving...and so on

there's not point to argue anything in the "real world" since it's not the real world

they're still in the matrix the whole time

Because in the original script they used our brains as source of computing power.

>"he"
>implying you don't mean "I"

woah user good post

can I use this in my upcoming youtube video "Top Ten Fan Theories That Might Be True"?

humans have souls, which don't obey entropy
that's why it's possible to get more energy out of a human than you put in via food
animals and machines don't have souls, so those can't be used

*combined with a form of fusion

The 'Real world' zion is a deeper layer of the matrix that was made to put people who challenged the reality of the first layer. I think it's a means to transport a large population through space without FTL travel

fuck you, cows are the coolest animal on this planet.

Why do animals not have souls?

pet heaven doesn't exist user

Why?

god couldn't be bothered

This also explains how neo is able to bend the laws of the matrix. If the code is running in his head, he can "bend" the spoon in his mind.

The machines were not evil obv.

>The machines were not evil
they literally had red eyes

tastiest maybe, but what else are they good for?

Milk
Leather

So did Arnie in T2

>stops the singularity
>not evil

The sentinels have red eyes, they are just tools meant to kill, like weapons.

In the original script human brains were used as processors, it wasn't about energy at all. They only changed it because studio bosses didn't think people would understand it otherwise.

>Stops it
He just gave false hope to the only people with the capacity to do so.
He lulled them into false security, thinking they've won, so they stop fighting against it.

Arnie-bot, best-bot

sex

endboss is literally made of squiddies, hundreds of red eyes

Even then, you're better off burning the food directly.

"WE DON'T NEED YOU..WE NEED NOTHING!..Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!"

Another example of non-logical emo machine behavior

What happens to the humans who transformed into agents?

put into hibernation mode

cause cows can't think, so lesser electrical pulses

Wasn't he an evil robot that was reprogrammed? He still had evil eye parts.

if he was reprogrammed his eyes would've turned blue

Skynet isn't evil, it's just scared (in T1. Or retarded in any movie after it.)

Sure, Skynet wasn't good either, but definetly no more evil than the Christian idea of a "good" god who punishes his creations for trying to reach him, and exterminating almost all of them when they disappoint him.

one thing that makes zero sense in this film is the fact that agents can be beaten. the fact that, yes they run fast and hit fast, but why would they even be needed. why wouldnt agents just instantly be able to destroy whatever human their fighting? they run the program.

I get that for movie purposes you have to give the good guys a chance, but shit the machines would just instantly disconnect/kill anyone who thought they could stop it (like neo).

like that fight in the subway. they made the program. they can literally terminate him in an instant. why have to 'fight' him.

>Human get out REEEEEE

why even keep them in a virtual reality? just keep them in a dreamless coma or dont even grow them brains

also in every chase scene

>the beginning when he's chasing trinity
>at the end when the agent is in the trash truck and runs over the phone both, letting one get away

why not just instantly destroy/teleport to the person? why have to run/drive after them?

agents are just programs running in the simulation
they are not in control of the sim

you're right man.

they do.

holy shit, get your life together.

It's hard to train cows how to act

>fights his war on earth

red probably detects things better than other colors.

>eye
>literally a camera
>emit light
for what purpose

autofocus

I always thought it was implied that the machines weren't actually evil, they cared about humans to an extent. They originally created the matrix as a sort of paradise after all.

No, I don't. I'm a different person. Stop being paranoid.

agents have to obey the rules of the matrix.

they say this in the first movie you doggone retard

Not really. It takes energy to burn things.

You all are dumb. Machines serve humanity. They literally allows humans make all this fuking stupid things and not to make earth worse. UN put humanity into Matrix after nuclear war to prevent us from total disappearance. So humanity can be stupid without harming itself.

>why have to fight him
Agents aren't in full control of the simulation.
They're merely programs trying to recode or delete other entities. Redpills are able to use the simulation for their own intentions with Neo having more permissions.

they used their brains as processors, plugged into the matrix they were used to maintain subroutines and shit.

was changed in production, because burgers to retarded to get the point.

because its inspired by Harlan Ellisons "I have no mouth and i must scream" where a vengeful AI wants to punish humans forever.

>walking down the street
>die of a brain aneurysm

Everything is relative is what I'm saying.

guys do you think we're in a matrix right now?

>was changed in production, because burgers to retarded to get the point.

that's fucking stupid if true. the dummies aren't going to give a shit about something so trivial anyway, plus you're going to piss off your smarter audience. who cares if they're used as cpus, energy source, guinea pigs or whatever. people are going to be shocked by the visuals anyway, that's the whole point of that scene, to demonstrate us what horrible things the machines did to people. should've just said they were processing units.

Why didn't the machines leave earth and live off solar power?

I want to stay in it

the guy who owned that club in the first film had it sorted.