Offciial Detroit Tigers @ Chicago White Sox Gamethread

Boyd vs Pelfrey, aka Shitshow 101. First pitch soon.

Moved back to 9:30 lol

>85 minute delay
fucking hell

I'm surprised there are that many people still there. Must be Tigers fans.

All for a Pelfrey start.

dohohohohoho

did they give up and say let's just play through it?

is that dude wearing a trash bag?

Looks like most of the rain left

Literally pouring

>giobuston threw a no hitter yesterday
>lopez gave up 8 runs today

not sure what's up with these guys but not sure I like either of them, fuck the nats desu

>Castellanos getting eaten up

>single
scorer please, I can't get mad at other scorers like the baltinigger ones if ours is just as bad

>ball hit 113 mph
>in the rain
>and bouncing
It's a single, bro.

literally a ground ball right at a fielder, that's an error

Good thing you're not a scorer then.

>tfw I know someone who was excited about going to the double header today
I warned him

>it's raining so it's not an error
are you going to say this again retard?

oh wait I almost forgot it was bouncing too, definitely a base hit right there

>Rod has a mancrush on Norris

well this is already worthless, time to get drunk and watch Archer

And it begins.

me too tbqh

>tfw I just opened a local beer called night game
>it's lightly raining out
who /comfy/ here?

Why are you so upset?

still haven't recovered from Q's debacle desu
also my fantasy team is sucking ass this week, largely thanks to Q also

No one cares.

y-you too

>this fucking ump

He just wants this shit to be over with.

>Pelfrey literally getting everything

What the fuck

this ump blows
it's a nice temperature out and i just killed 15 wings, comfy af

osoi~

>that guy in the crowd wearing a black and white cubs hat

kek

I wish the MLB banned pitching meetings

THAT'S A FUCKING STRIKE WHAT THE FUCK

ayy based Avi

I'm honestly just hoping for us to continue losing so we can finally dismantle this failure of a team.

trash ump see you guys later

AVIHITS

avihits

Avi's double (114.5 mph) was the hardest hit baseball in mlb today. The second hardest hit was Abreu's single (113.7 mph) in the first inning.

a just punishment for that stupid fucking facial hair

remember when salad was not terrible
bring back yolmeme

Hey whitesox bros, how come Moncada isn't in the big leagues for you guys yet?

I'm sure we'll see him after the ASB.

jd wtf bruh

Too soon and he injured himself

Ah okay thanks

His name change is doing wonders for him

seriously dont know whats wrong with Saladman now. overexposure maybe?

>Raeburn traded to the Nats
So much for seeing him.

Money and contract reasons. FO is using any excuse they can so they can keep him in the minors as long as they can. He'll be up by the All star break at the very latest

this fucking inning

If pelfrey somehow gets out of this...

>not taking one for the team

jesus fucking christ fuck this team

the absolute madman he did it

You were saying?

This team doesn't look like they even care anymore. Only JD, Fulmer, Norris and the 3 good BP guys look like they give a fuck.

Is it because Miggy isn't in the lineup?

oh they listened
rip salad, just go back to watching anime, buddy

It's been going on for weeks. In houston they were making more careless mistakes, not hustling, playing with no desire. Cabrera got pissed at collins, but that's about it.

I mean kinsler didn't hustle on a bloop where he could have got to second. Dude kinsler is known as a guy that tries his hardest. This team is so frustrating right now

Sounds like the Sox from 2013-2016. They looked like they gave zero fucks, that we as fans made jokes that Robin Ventura had bottles of xanax just for him in the dugout.

i like to think it's a combo of the fact they mostly all got their payday so they don't give a shit anymore mixed with maybe our manager and GM lost the players. Our GM is pretty fucking garbage.

I forgot to say Avila is one of the ones that gives a shit. Second best hitter behind JD somehow..

I bet Avila had to get steroid injections in order for his dad to let him back on the team.

fucking Avila

tfw now we have two rentals to sell for prospects

I don't think Hahn was the problem, but rather fucking Kenny putting his nose when he should have stayed away. I'm still salty that Shark wasn't traded before he went to shit.

I am just hoping we sell and sell hard. I know we have very few valuable trade pieces, but we have some. This run was a failure.

i know people probably don't care, but i was at the pelfrey vs keuchel game in detroit last year. it felt like it was 300 degrees and pelfrey works so fucking slow i thought i was going to die of heat exhaustion. fuck mike pelfrey (i'm sure he's a nice guy though)

Fuck Mike Pelfrey and fuck Al Avila

I just realized we are transitioning into what sox bros on here have been like the past few years. It starts with anger and frustration and then turns into apathy and depression.

Next thing is ill be posing anime while watching a 70 win team each year. Fuck

I wouldn't even call the first quarter of the season even a run. First year under a new manager and everyone thinks the Sox are instantly better.

Shieet, I'm just happy the Sox farm system actually has people worth a fuck about. Lets be honest, when's the last time that fucking happened?

Abroo is on fire

>has 10 dingers this season
>none of them at home
So fucking perplexing.

Well I'm speaking of the tigers 2005 to 2017 run or whatever we want to call it. We failed, choked, embarrassed ourselves etc. Now we are mediocre and have overpaid assholes rotting on the team. Salvage whatever we can before it gets worse.

Sounds lovely. I can't remember the Tigers had even an average farm system.

should have blown it up after the 2014 WS. no franchise in any sport has ever recovered from an equivalent flogging such as that

The line of ambiguity was really blurred. I thought you spoke of the Sox. But yeah, after 2014, I saw the once impenetrable Tiger Tank Armor finally rusting away before being blown up by a bazooka.

The Cabrera and Verlander signings were always going to happen, but god damn if the Upton and Zimmermann contracts don't piss me the fuck off. We never had to go down that road.

I should have been more clear. Yeah, the writing has been on the wall for years now. I don't know if management just didn't want to finally admit to failure, but this last gasp of trying to win is embarrassing.

Basically once Scherzer left, we probably should have just said fuck it and blew it up.

2012* even though the point stands

and it pains me to say, because I love JD, but we have to trade him. I mean, we can't even really afford him anyway seeing as we have like 100 million tied up in dead weight, but getting nothing for losing him would be a mistake.

but i mean look at the drafting and trading of young players. we traded jacob turner for infante and sanchez, turner turned out not so good at the start so was he never going to be anything (bad drafting) or does the problem lie in the development in the minors?

yeah my bad

also, i just saw going through some youtube highlights from early last year, shane greene was a starter at the start of last year man. wow seems like so long ago

Gotta trade JD, and Justin Wilson desu

I couldn't care less if they traded Verlander but that contract and his current pitching is trash

>Burdi and Benetti duke it out in the original Super Smash Bros
Shit, I keep forgetting that game came out in 1998.

Oh yeah for sure and maybe Greene if someone wants him too.

I feel the only team that would even want to help pay for JV would be LA, but we would probably have to pay like 15 mil a year or some shit. Plus he has that 10-and-5 shit, so he can just veto whatever he doesn't want too.

Idk if our scouts or developmental coaches suck, but whatever it is, it hardly produces much. Wasn't Avila a scout for us before? We all know that he must not have been amazing at it lol

Forgot to add, that would have been more viable if Verlander was pitching decent. He is pitching like dogshit right now.

Please i don't want to lose Justin Wilson or JD

I think we should get rid of age and see if we can get rid of zimzam and Upton

Literally that is all I don't mind chewing verlander's final years and miggy will always produce 1B or DH

but what is the point of keeping both of them if we are a sinking ship? Might as well try to get some prospects for the rebuild instead of just losing JD and wasting Justin Wilson.

I feel like that attitude has been our problem for the past 4-5 years now. Just trying to slightly patch up the giant hole in the ship, instead of building a whole new one.

We as fans did not want to see Sale gone, but sometimes, you are just going to need to bite the bullet if you want to see the franchise back to what it was before. Shit is going to take time, and how much time that will be will depend on if one trades their assets for a reasonable price at the right time.

JD is gone af lol
no one would want zim or upton, we would have to eat most of contract anyways

my worst nightmare is a 10 game win streak leading up to the deadline to get back to .500 and then standing pat and not even buying.

who's better: matt tuiasosopo or tyler collins?

neat

>the guy that plays in half the games has 9 home runs

MATTY FUCKING ICE

>my worst nightmare is a 10 game win streak leading up to the deadline to get back to .500 and then standing pat and not even selling
Just change that last word and this was the Sox in 2015. Shit goddamn sucked and it was unbearable.

I would unironically want Omar Infante play center field instead of Collins. Fuck Tyler Collins.

and to respond to your statement, worse would be the 10 game win streak and then actually somehow buying players, by giving up Jimenez and Burrows or something. Fuck that would anger me.

So is Quintana pitching Tuesday?

I know detroit isn't really supposed to like Chicago teams, but I always relate with you guys in these threads and we share these pains all too well. You guys are chill as fuck.

Indians fans are annoying and that shit talking royals guy can go fuck himself.

I think Verlander, McCann, and Castellanos are the only starters drafted

They've traded Eugenio Suarez, Robbie Ray, Rick Porcello, Devon Travis, Corey Knebel, and Avisail Garcia