Arcade Fire FINISHED

stereogum.com/1970530/arcade-fire-reportedly-playing-to-half-empty-arenas-on-current-tour/news/

What went wrong? Did their first non-BNM really tank their careers?

Other urls found in this thread:

moviesonline.mn/watch/lx2qmKve-drop-the-mic-season-1.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

i was finished with them by 2006/2007. why so shocked user? they are a shit band.

>Did their first non-BNM really tank their careers?
I think this is the reason, unfortunately.
Don't get me wrong, the album is shit. It's just sad that pitchfork has so much influence over the "indiesphere".

When I saw them in 2014 there were fist pumping guido chads in front of us, it was the most normie show I've ever been to. I doubt p4k had any real influence on their popularity at that level

Oh fuck off.

it's true, though
there's a quote somewhere by a guy whose band's was panned by p4k. he said their influence was very noticable and basically ruined their carrer.

He's a conspiracy theorist and so are you.

Yo I don't give a fuck dude I'm tired as fuck
Like who honestly gives a fuck about that shit or this shit or whatever
Who gives a rats behind about ARCADE FIRE fucking most meaningless band in the world I am so fucking exhausted I work 60 hours a week do not fucking ask me about fucking middlebrow ass shit like Arcade Fire like you can ask me about Tom Waits but DON'T ask me about Arcade Fire they trigger bad vibes in the temple of exhaustion that is my existance man fuck Canada and fuck Arcade Fire
Tired as hell boys

half full arena still 5k more people than the average Sup Forumscore band

is the idea that one of the biggest music publications today has a lot of influence on people that out there to you?
you even see it here with Fantano and Scaruffi

You're conflating basement dwelling neckbeards on Sup Forums with people in the real world who actually made 3 AF records in a row #1 and who helped Arcade Fire sell out stadiums in the first place. You're putting way too much stock in these people's influence.

I'm using Sup Forums as an example. Pitchfork is a mainstrema publication, obviously it will have influence over the mainstream. That's what I'm talking about.

But you're really saying Pitchfork is why Arcade Fire is selling less tickets? I'm pretty sure most Arcade Fire fans don't give a fuck that Pitchfork gave them a 5.

>But you're really saying Pitchfork is why Arcade Fire is selling less tickets?
Probably not the only reason, but I'm certain it was a big part of it. If they gave it BNM (for some ungodly reason) they would certainly see more ticket sales.
Also, most ticket sales aren't necessarily by fans.

>Also, most ticket sales aren't necessarily by fans.
That's a good point.

Indie is dead. What's the surprise?

rock music finally died and Arcade Fire was a casualty

why do you keep spamming this, OP?

how do you feel about arcade fire's third album the suburbs?

Yo I don't give a fuck dude I'm tired as fuck
Like who honestly gives a fuck about that shit or this shit or whatever
Who gives a rats behind about ARCADE FIRE fucking most meaningless band in the world I am so fucking exhausted I work 60 hours a week do not fucking ask me about fucking middlebrow ass shit like Arcade Fire like you can ask me about Tom Waits but DON'T ask me about Arcade Fire they trigger bad vibes in the temple of exhaustion that is my existance man fuck Canada and fuck Arcade Fire
Tired as hell boys

I think it has more to do with the new album being shit than pitchfork thinking the new album is shit. Every arcade fire fan I know thinks it’s either really mediocre or outright bad. Pitchfork has influence but it has more influence on smaller bands on the cusp of fame than it does on a band as huge as arcade fire.

I've seen them twice: once in 2014 and again this year. They were far far better during the Reflektor tour. Don't get me wrong, I was a fan of EN despite the fact that it obviously doesn't hold a candle to any of their other stuff, but something seemed... off. Maybe it was the acid, though.

Reflektor was the beginning of the end

I remember AF getting dickrode by most every hipster, music snob and quirky rich girl I knew right beforehand. It was when they were picking up popularity, but the fan base had no fucking clue what they were listening to. They just saw the band, and wanted to be cool and edgy like the band apparently was. Then Reflektor comes along, and the irony was just too much at that point.

>band that should have never been playing arenas struggles to fill arenas
fpbp

Do you mean it felt uninspired? Because I got that vibe from the few clips I saw.

The Suburbs was the beginning of the end. Reflektor was the peak

I guess they don't fit in the Age of Reflektion

I guess. Either that or they were trying to put on a show that didn't catch artistically, or that the concept of the album wasn't extremely enticing since they already did Reflektor which was pretty much the same. Once again, I was very distracted by drugs but if it was truly what it should have been, that wouldn't have been a problem.

moviesonline.mn/watch/lx2qmKve-drop-the-mic-season-1.html

drop the mic boy lol

yeah they've always sucked.

I saw them for the reflector tour and it was the same shit. They haven't been relevant since the Suburbs t b h f a m

I like arcade fire but they were charging £70+ a ticket in the UK and
Most people can’t justify spending that much on a gig

fucking lower the price point holy fucking shit.

i think people were seriously turned off not only by the weakness of the new songs but also by the insufferable marketing of their latest record (a promotional nadir by any measure) and a fair amount probably expected it to spill over into their live performances. i've never liked AF but it's quite clear that their strength was always epic earnest rock music, not "clever" social commentary disco

>i've never liked AF but it's quite clear that their strength was always epic earnest rock music, not "clever" social commentary disco

this so hard. I remember they hijacked SNL to celebrate this huge new direction theyve gone in I swear to god they were literally patting themselves on the back but it just sounded like carnival music.