This album is a masterpiece, just to bad it has 10 bad songs

this album is a masterpiece, just to bad it has 10 bad songs

AYEEEE, ITS BIGGIE CHEESEEEEEE.

Money is the only good song

how is this album #2 on RYM

because everyone on the internet is a goddamn moron.

including us

time is so much better than money wtf are you talking about

lol the alarm clock song?

how can this possibly shock you given the impact it had and its reception at its release?

Pink Floyd with Syd Barret >> Pink Floyd with Roger Waters

based on your comment you sound like you've listened to the album like twice

Fucking hell Dark Side of the Moon is over rated.

i don't understand, Roger Waters wrote Money

Twice was all I needed

sure but who wants to talk about one of the greatest albums ever (not personal opinion, more based on impact) with someone who listens to it twice and thinks they are qualified to judge it.

Isn't it obvious you dumb fuck. I don't wanna have to repeat myself

no it's not obvious, how does that have anything to do with comparing time to money?

Time is money

I mean if you look at a frog long enough does it become a fucking cat.

??
i was just saying i preferred the song "time"

again, would you want to discuss an album you knew very well with someone who dismissed it after two listens?

But user, waters was in the syd barrett floyd

This

9/10

It's an excellent album and has some of my favorite production on any album.

It's overrated by entry level music listeners and stoners, no doubt about it, but it's underrated by Sup Forums because everyone tries to seem like they're too "mature" for it, when in reality, they're just scared to be lumped in with all the people who have only listened to DSOTM and 2 other albums in their life.

this

wish you were here is better but it's still great and the obvious album to pan if you want to be contrarian

Wow this is the worst thread I've seen here in a long time, and that's saying something ;;;^)

>man frogs are totally overrated, what's the big deal?
>I've glanced at it like, TWICE now and it was just sitting there each time
>fine, I'll give it ONE more look, if you insist
>See, nothing? I don't get it, why do people li--HOLY SHIT IT HOPS?!

>Dark Side of The Moon
>Masterpiece

"just to bad"

????

how is it not?

/thread

How is it?

It's the only Pink Floyd album I have in my library but I like prog

it's perfect and changed 100s of millions of lives

K I T S C H

I

T

S

C

H

In what way?
From where I sit and with the ears that I hear it with, not only is it a bunch of drug induced overindulgent garbage, the lyrics are depressing as all get out.

What's so great about it?

>In B4 DUDE WEED
>In B4 DUDE ACID

>In what way?
so they became noncritical of overly produced albums

Pink Floyd barely did drugs, and what does overindulgent mean? Why do depressing lyrics keep it from being a masterpiece?

If we view a masterpiece as something done with amazing craftsmanship and talent that simultaneously reaches a prestigious artistic achievement, DSotM fits the bill.

>Pink Floyd barely did drugs
>a member went insane because of drug abuse

Syd Barret lost his mind due to copious amounts of acid use (that wasn't even his fault, he was being drugged by his roommates for a while) and mental health issues.

Also, that happened in 1967-1968, DSotM was released in 1972. At that point the band members denied any drug use but were known to smoke pot as much as any other musician in the 70s. I'm pretty sure they each only did acid once or twice in their lives.

If you use that logic or analogy, then pictures of Jesus' crucifixion are masterpieces, and I'd rather not look at the deliberate slaughter of another human being.

You mean the worst song?

Yeah, and The Beatles all swore that they stopped taking drugs after going on a retreat with The Maharishi, and recording The White Album.

whoa

It's fantastic, but The Wall is better

How is OKC #1?

Not musically, but perhaps conceptually

the guitar solo in Time does things to me

That comparision is so bad its cringy
If you still straight up dislike something after giving it 200% of its run time then you should brainwash yourself because some brainlet likes a pop rock album

>should
Should NOT*
Missed a word

I HATE that part where that bloody woman starts screaming.
WOH OH WOH OH WOH OOOH.. Etc.

what a fucking noise.

have you ever heard the solo ? its insane

deep shit mate...

seek professional help

Fucking kek

(bastard)

...but yes, a masterful painting of the crucification is a masterpiece. Many such cases!

the great gig in the sky is the ultimate pleb filter