I'm confused, if alcohol leads to more deaths than guns per year in the U.S, why don't people want alcohol banned?

I'm confused, if alcohol leads to more deaths than guns per year in the U.S, why don't people want alcohol banned?

Am I wrong to think that it's hypocritical?

Also I'm legitimately autistic.

It is deeply integrated into our culture

so are weapons. father son hunting. gun shows across america

why not ban alcohol, early america was better

prohibition was a failure, also you have to be 18 to post here

I wouldn't mind, I only get high drinking sody pops

Yeah like i can take a bottle of Jonny walker and kill 17 students.

>implying school shootings are in any way statistically relevant or important to anybody with a firm grip on their emotions

Alcohol makes the US government so much money in taxation. It's simple, You don't bite the hand that (feeds you) provides billions of dollars in tax.

I don't care about that, if alcohol leads to more deaths than isn't it worse?

Drinking water leads to 100% death in all confirmed cases. Should be ban water?

I don't mean the government I want to know why citizens don't want alcohol banned when it leads to more deaths than guns.

>761441747

Maybe ban pools and swimming alone, since water related deaths are majority drowning

Easy. It's because citizens enjoy consuming it.
If you read between the lines, taxation = spending
So the more people enjoy something, the more they are willing to spend and the more the state will receive in tax. Think about why smoking is so prevalent. Same reason.
Also, they are both addictive.

So does that make it hypocritical? Isn't the want to ban guns kinda just trying to dodge the real problems that cause people to go off the rails and murder people?

I know guns make it easier to kill people and removing that would help the problem but I think the problem is bigger than that?

or am I just retarded

I'm the wrong person to ask about gun control kek.
I live in the UK, and although we have supposed gun laws, the amount of gun crimes in london and shit is worrying.
If people are determined to slaughter others, then nothing will stop them. They use cars and trucks over here, we get mown down every five minutes!

Screen for mental problems idk. That'll find some of the nutters before they attack,
Funny how the US government always seems to know about the gunmen before hand, but fail to stop them......

People are hypocritical and it's okay to get fucked up on one poison, as long as the right people get rich. All other poisons are competition that must be eliminated.

Only thing is you can't really do much legally about someone who is a potential threat unless they you can show evidence they are planning to do something.

I honestly wouldn't mind taking preemptive actions against unstable people but I think that's a slippery slope.

Maybe one day we will have the system from the anime psycho-pass. (Sensors being able to tell the threat level of a person and you lock them up or kill them before they even have a chance to do anything )

You are wrong or a fucking idiot. Or both.

People choose to drink, very few people choose to be shot to death.

Why aren't cigarettes banned? They're worse for you than most banned drugs and EVERY single person knows just how fucking bad they are. One word= money

Because drinking is a personal choice.

Being shot to death isn't.

I did say I'm autistic which is why I'm asking these questions because I really don't know. I just want to learn a bit, y'know?

I'm not sure, I think they should be banned as much as alcohol and guns.

Does the choice justify the amount of deaths caused? Makes it sound like people care more about whether they choose to be killed or not to me.