Why is the Bible so hard to believe?

Why is the Bible so hard to believe?

Ask me questions pertaining to the Bible (that is how to answer) and if I can I will.

Also, I'm not trying to force beliefs onto anyone, or make you believe anything, just bored and looking for others opinions

Bump

Why is intercourse a sin if it's a means for reproduction?

It's meant to be after marriage, but nowadays no one will stick to that, even I haven't.. that's where forgiveness comes in.

The sin part in it is the lust imo

How did Kain go out and find a wife after murdering Abel, when they were sons of the first two people on earth?

If we are all the products of incest, why do we find wildly different genetic codes?

If all that God creates is perfect, why can we then change his coding to make even better things?

Alright. So I've raped 2 girls in high school and had sex before marriage a lot of times.

I'm 23. Is it too late to repent?

casual sex is never a sin in the bible

also the bible never says sex after marriage is a something you MUST DO

paul simply suggests it lol

this is the list of what God considers sexually immoral acoording to the greek bible
Don’t rape people, including children.

Don’t steal another man’s wife.

Don’t screw your relatives.

Don’t screw horses (sheep, goats, elephants, etc.)

Males, do not put your penises into each other’s asses.

If a woman is menstruating, leave her alone.

Don’t look at your naked sister.
the english version is wrongly translated everywhere

Because you open up Genesis and it reads like a less entertaining version of the Silmarillion. There's no reason to believe it.

>Don’t rape people, including children.
What about that time they were supposed to keep the virgin girls for themselves after killing everyone else?

You basically told me I'm going to hell. All of those I've pretty much done besides the sister part.

good news for you there is no hell. honestly what kind of numb nut would believe the creator is going to torment 99% of humanity in everlasting burning flames? hell is a doctrine risen by christians because they read wrongly translated bibles lol

youll never find the doctrine of eternal torment in the greek version which it was written in lol

It's not, sex is supposed to be fun. You and your partner are supposed to experiment and do whatever you want in the bedroom. It's fine, there's no sin or shame in that.

"To sin" has been defined from a Greek concordance as "to miss the mark." You were made for a purpose, namely to be a vessel for God's will. God's will on earth is liberty, peace, and love for your fellow man. Really. You've heard the Ten Commandments, but the greatest of these is to love God and to love your neighbor as you love yourself. So, when you fail in this purpose, you haven't committed a *moral* wrong. If you get questions wrong on a test in school, you're not a morally corrupt (evil) person. You just didn't get the questions right. That's all.

And that's what sin is. When you lust after a woman, you're not morally corrupt. You're just not hitting your mark. But if you refocus your aim, you can hit your mark. And the bullseye is to be in accordance with God and His will on earth. No formality, no indulgence, nothing like that.

The Old and New Testament authors were something of philosophers offering divine wisdom. Read Ecclesiastes (it's short). It's actually one of the greatest pieces of wisdom writing the world has ever seen. American novelist Thomas Wolfe said so too. Don't read it as a Christian or religious person, just read it as a treatise on philosophy. Treat the Bible this way. These philosophers understood that lust was something like cataracts. It blinded you from being able to see your true purpose on earth. So many folks in the world are worried about their next meal, their next fuck, and their next entertainment. To live a good life (what Plato called eudaimonia) means looking higher than that.

Hope this helps, Sup Forums

enlighted me on what story or history that is

Numbers 31, God commanding Moses to genocide the Midianites. Only the virgin girls are "spared" (taken as spoils of war).

i like how you view this although lusting after a women is not missing the mark, nowhere does the bible say it is

So basically if I wank one out, I'm in my moment of clarity since I won't be in a position to lust after anything?

So what would a sin be actually? I see religion as karma in Fallout. If I keep committing acts of greed, violence, or otherwise displeasing amounts of people... I will have bad stuff happen to me. If I do good for my fellow man, I will eventually have superior credit with God for when I need to take a loan out.

sounds like Moses was a Muslim after al...

More. Now.

evolution user, evolution. Don't tell us yu take that shit as it comes please.

Why take any of it at all?

I have 13TB of images archived from Sup Forums and no way to search on my phone. I just look for any pic in 2017 and post them. I think this is the same chick from another archived thread though.

never read that, but hey looks like rape to me. Bunch of guys kill a bunch of guys and kills all the non virgin women and take the virgins for themselves

honestly i dont get this God stuff it seems to contradict itself, unless God is making everybody sin on purpose then idk, but it looks like he is

i don't, i just took the popcorn out of the microwave

Because magic isn't real. It's all fairytales.

It isn't something they tend to read in church. One of the funniest (or maybe most disturbing) things you can do is challenge a Christian to let you read Bible passages of your choosing to their children.

I know what you mean, especially with all the evil in the world.. but after reading this it makes more sense. More just natural balance.

Isaiah 45:7 King James Version (KJV)

7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.

This is one of the most mentioned scriptures when it comes to this topic, but take into account the amount of times God brought that on his on people. Once again, has to maintain balance

>God
>has to
Wew lad

theres a lot they dont teach in church, tbh im interested in God stuff and have researched it quite a bit and i came to the conclusion that christians are all nuts and they dont know what the bible teaches. not that im expert myself but the bible clearly teaches theres no such thing as:

free will. we do have a will but its not free
Theres no eternal torment
Jesus is not God, theres no "trinity"

thats the 3 big ones nearly every christan misses and if they have 1 or 2 right the 3rd one they almost certiantly have wrong

as for the rape thing in numbers 31 it is consistant with the rest of the bible if you take to head that God is actually making humanity sin like crazy, on purpose.

For example paul says the law came to increase sin, so grace may super abound.

>Wew
Huh?

>This is one of the most mentioned scriptures when it comes to this topic
For good reason.
> take into account the amount of times God brought that on his on people.
Is that supposed to make it better? "I beat my own kids, so it's fine that I beat your kids too."
>Once again, has to maintain balance
There's nothing about balance there, nor would it be even if it said that. It's clearly spelled out that it's vengeance, and it's monstrously evil.
> I make peace, and create evil
So God is evil.

SPOILER: jesus dies

You're an idiot Harry.

balance, or as i like to call it: Contrast.

God is indeed ultimately responsebil for all the evil. Throw that verse at christians and they will deny it lol.

Yeah just read the book of Job, probably only the first couple chapters when Satan is asking God to kill all of Job's children, destroy his house, food, cattle, literally everything and it is allowed. Job and his friends then sit around questioning God and why everything happens like this, until he is asked questions that are impossible for man to understand. Anyways after it's all said and done he's then give double of what he started with for keeping his faith, even if it was the smallest amount left.

That's true lol