Has anyone ever taken antipsychotics? If so how did they make you feel

Has anyone ever taken antipsychotics? If so how did they make you feel

Better. Improved my life in virtually every aspect.

They wont get you high if thats what you're asking. You're not supposed to feel them they just won't make you crazy

Made me feel way less psychotic.

Would you share more?

I was depressed and suicidal. Now I'm not. I dunno what to say.

like everything it depends on the dosage. the right dosage will feel like nothing, like you just took candy. a too high dosage will make you feel like shit. don't take too much drugs while on antipsychotichs cause that causes serotonin syndrome. take care and never stop the meds, just ask to lower the dosage

SSRIs are prescribed for the same thing. How exactly are/were you psychotic? Any bad side effects from your meds? Is it an SRI?

At first it made me really tired and unfocused. But I think it's because I snapped out of my psychosis and had to get adjusted with reality. After six months I was virtually a better man than I was before. Stopped hallucinating as much and hearing voices, wasn't as paranoid and didn't have delusions to a certain extent. And it removed all my suicidal tendencies

Today, after I've been on it for some three years I live a way better life where I can take care of myself to a certain extent, and people have started liking me more as opposed to my old me.

Sometimes it's hard to cum.

I was told that antipsychotics, in combination with SSRIs, enhances the SSRI. Plus the antipsychotic benefits too; easily obliterates depression.

I've been on a shitton of anti-psychotics. I was abusing amphetamines and a bunch of other stuff and I started hearing voices and having paranoid delusions. So they put me on some meds. Obviously each med has its own side effects. And I was on anti-depressants at the same time. To be honest I didn't notice a huge improvement in my depression, but the meds made me feel tired and sedated. I stopped taking them eventually. Then they put me on another anti-psych med which made me gain a lot of weight, but again didn't alter my mood too much apart from making me feel sedated and mentally slower.

More recently I was on another psych med (abilify) which made me jittery and restless. I stopped that after a while.

While I was abusing amphetamine I still heard voices (as you do) so I can't say the meds worked all that well in terms of my paranoia (no shit I guess).

If you've got some form of psychosis they'll help you out (as long as you're not abusing stims or psychadellics or whatever) but be wary of side effects. I gained like 30 pounds in a few months while on one of the meds. It can take a while to find the right medication, so don't get discouraged if the first one they put you on doesn't work or you don't like the side effects.

How were you psychotic before the meds? Depression doesn't really qualify.

Excellent! Good job buddy.

Tired and foggy all the time.

Op here. I know I won’t get high. I’m just asking cause I got put on abilify shot and haldol pills

For what?

Voices arent real bro its Satanbro

Paranoid schizophrenia and homicidal tendencies

lol'd

lol you told the dr you wanted to kill people?

Public service announcement: if you are or have been prescribed antipsychotic medication then Sup Forums is probably not a great place to hang out.

they ask you that shit every day if you go to a psych hospital. If you have psychosis your shrink asks if you want to harm anybody. Better to say something and get some help than to let it just sit there

Not really. I use to kill every animal I got as a kid and up until now (I’m 21) cause the voices told me to. But I told the psychiatrist that I wanted to skin him alive and put his remains in acid so no one would find him. I was clearly psychotic when I told him

how do you figure?

And I lied every time
Ya...ok. Assuming you're telling the truth I'm out of here.

You don’t have to believe me. This is fucking b you faggot. Everything is a lie here

Check'd

Keep it up

God it makes sex hard sometimes. I'm lucky my girlfriend understands it's the meds

Sometimes I orgasm but don't cum

abilify is the worst med i've ever taken, triggered intense mania and anxiety

I’m just really sedated pretty much. The voices and delusions are more quiet but now gone

Not*

on a a sightly unrelated note could you describe the onset of your sickness?

opened the thread to virtually type the exact same thing.

It pretty much started with my being paranoid all the time and disorganized thinking. The paranoia would lead to me hear voices

Lemme see..
Anti-pyshcotic

It makes you feel sluggish and numb

Don't take them, it makes you a zombie.

did you take any drugs as this developed or did it come out of the blue?

Came out of the blue. It lead to my heroin addiction though. But I’m clean an on methadone now

I was false flag misdiagnosed at gunpoint. Took them for 6 months. Didn't have the energy for anything except eat, shit and sleep 12 hours a day. Pseudo science. Fucking garbage. Omerta. DCLXVI

can you describe the disorganized thinking? (the reason im asking all the questions is that i suspect i might have it but there's not many first-hand descriptions of the illness online)

It’s very hard to describe. I believe shit is happening when it’s really not. Sometimes I can’t quite know what I’m thinking like all my thoughts are jumbled

i often get fragments of thoughts jumbled on repeat, like it can be a few seconds from a song + a fragment of something someone just told me + part of shopping list + whatever all mashed together on repeat preventing any sort of progression of thought

is it like that?

Yea in a way. Maybe you need to talk to a therapist or psychiatrist.

i wanna rule out drugs first, i was a heavy weed user for ~2 years and started getting paranoid and have this like negative voice in the back of my head the last 6 months or so

i have been clean for ~2 months now but i read it can take 6+ months to get it all out of your system if you're a heavy user so if it persists after that ill definitely take it up with a therapist

thanks for your time

Yea refrain from marijuana. I had to quit since my diagnosis. I’m all for marijuana but if you have mental disorders it can cause lots of problems. It could of been what led to your paranoia. Did you just get paranoid when you smoke or is it all the time?

Started doing mushrooms and after I did 5 grams my depression and anxiety was fixed. Haven't had them in a month and haven't wanted them. Life is beautiful.

I read all over about mushrooms and ketamine instantly fixing anxiety or depression. That’s why they are coming out with esketamine for treatment resistant depression

im less paranoid now i think
it hit me hard when i read about cannabis/schizophrenia and i feel like i have a different view on them now. like it's still there but i can see how irrational it is but yeah quitting weed probably helped a lot too