Hey Sup Forums, I just enlisted in the United States Marines Corps

Hey Sup Forums, I just enlisted in the United States Marines Corps.
I've lead a sedentary lifestyle full of hardcore partying and being lazy, for the past five years, after highschool.
I've been sworn in, already, and I leave for boot camp on the 19th.
I'm clearly not ready, but everyone keeps telling me that my mental state and ASVAB score are proof enough that I'm beyond ready.
I worry that I'll let my fellow poolees down, and disappoint my Staff Sergeant and the rest of the recruiters.
Looking around, though, I can see that I'm relatively on par with some of the new recruits...
Do you have any advice for me?

Other urls found in this thread:

usatoday.com/story/news/world/2017/12/01/former-u-s-marine-jailed-raping-and-murdering-woman-okinawa/912488001/
cnn.com/2017/11/19/asia/okinawa-american-drunk-driver/index.html
cnn.com/2016/03/17/asia/okinawa-us-serviceman-rape-restrictions/index.html
stripes.com/news/marine-general-expresses-regret-to-okinawa-governor-over-alleged-rape-1.399461
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1995_Okinawa_rape_incident
feministezine.com/feminist/abortioninbaghdad.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Do you have any advice for me?
Don't make waves. STFU, do what you're told, be fast, don't be last. Don't volunteer for shit. Follow instructions/don't be a retard. Don't freak out in the gas chamber. If you haven't already gone with a guaranteed enlistment option, try and get crew chief if your score was high enough.

Be strong, resilient, and have pride. You're doing something that matters, not unlike others in white collar work.

Nice go fasters kid

Quit worrying about being a disappointment, that's just an inevitability. Be prepared to fail a little, learn fron your mistakes. That's what boot is for.

Shitty sleeves, fucked up covers, fucked up drill, and fat bodies too

marines? whats your favorite flavor of crayon you window licking bullet shield?

>this

Nobody goes through boot without fucking up and getting quarter decked. Dont take anything, that the drill instructors do, personally. They are made to create chaos to watch how you and your platoon react.

dont take anything with you to boot camp. doesnt matter how important unless life saving drug prescribed to you.
it will be thrown out. even the 3x5 of your dead grandmother or the video of your birth. also, i dont know anyone who carries that around but you get the point.

petty naval officer detected

Do as much nicotine as possible before stepping on those prints.

Marine vet, did 8 got out in 13. The corps has changed, youre fine, everyone is a god damn pussy now and everyone sucks tranny cocks

OP, here.
This thread literally just repeated everything I've already been told.
Kudos to the vets, here, though.
Further info - I'm legitimately a stick bug. I'm already expecting maximized suffering (hoping for it, too, since pain motivates me - not a masochist, btw)
My MOS is communication intelligence, and my projected time line is
>Week one - enlistment
> Week two - swear in
> Weeks 3-5 train
>End of week five, ship to boot camp.

My main goal was to ask what advice you have to get better at everything. Clearly I wasn't descriptive enough.

enjoy yourself because if you are not up to par you will be forced to. Boot camp blows if you are a fat fuck. You will be hated. However the more you improve and show effort the more you will be accepted. The one time the drill instructors cannot do is stop time. think about stuff that motivates you like not getting shot. or your mother's expression when she hears you were KIA. Or some people think about all the puss they will get when they get out of bootcamp

remember that you agreed to this. A lot of times things may not make sense in the fleet. However there is a reason for everything. Do not make your experience harder because You are inconvenienced.

I should say. do not bitch moan and complain because the seven tons are late or some shit. Or god forbid you have to clean something. Or you have to wake up early. Like....That is what the military is. DO not let people who are fucking losers and are not good workers. Just not motivated people change your mind. Do not lose your motivation because you are inconvenienced. remember that the only people who call people boot are typically people under two or so enlistments.

more boot camp related. Write letters. Letters are nice. You will have a break down point. for me it was cleaning the range shitters with a scooper made out of a milk jug with the the top cut off. I will never forget that smell. It was my birthday After that waking up at 0400 and every other hardship just seemed like that is how life it. You conform

>STFU
The best advice, if only every recruit followed this boot camp would be so much easier.

Fuckin A, that reminds me, OP, if you're still here, learn your general orders,, your recruiter should have given them to you.

OP is still here, keeping an extra tab open.

I'm already in the mindset. Have been since elementary school, practicing drills, instead of playing at recess. I'm more looking for ways to become stronger and faster, so I can carry on beyond what the rest can accomplish.
Filth work and degradation don't bother me. What gets to me, are my own physical limitations.

Boot

do a lot of pullups. 40 pullups should be you goal. if you hit 25 you should be fine. Run 6 miles quickly rather than 3 etc. 3 miles is the shortest distance.

be humble. Remember you rep the entire USMC. When you act douchey they perceive everyone of us as douchey. be proud of your service yet not braggy Do not knock down other branches just say you all have different jobs. DO not beat your chest and say you can beat people up...

Not the advice I was asking for, but still one of the most important things I've heard.

I have no weights or bars to work with. Any routines I can try to get better at it, without equipment?

My suggestion? Cross out of the marines into the air force as soon as you can.

Honestly, do what makes you happy before you get in. You don't have to worry about being good before you get there. They will make you good. That's what boot camp is for. Once you're in, you're stuck for your tour, so enjoy civvie life for just that little while longer. Also, don't drink too much just before. If you're still wigging out on a hangover, it'll make your life hell.

pushups. all the pushups you can do

do not get a tattoo anywhere the judge or future jobs could potentially ever see them

This is so big. I served Navy and every time we got a group of jarheads on board it was living hell. Stuck up pricks made me basically despise the corps for years. Just remember an officer is an officer and enlisted started the same place as you. Don't be a fuck because you're "one of the few".

I hated serving with that less than 10% that just ruinsour reputation for everyone...

wear a condom. If she knows what a lance corporal is or knows where your barracks is. RUN. IF she is less than 50 miles from a USMC or any military base RUN.

Yeah, that's what I'm on, haha

I learned since those early days. My best man is still in the corps. I think a lot of it has to do with promotion and just young blood. I was probably similar when I was in my Class As. When you're "admitted" into an "elite force", you probably feel indestructible, and that leads to that attitude. Some grow out of it, but some don't. What I have noticed, though, is that Marines share something of a brotherhood not unlike submariners. I never really clicked with surface ship guys, but another submariner and we'd be throwing beers back in an hour like we'd known each other since childhood. From being around my friends in the corps, it seems the same. There's just a communal experience that ties you together and makes for lasting bonds. It might not seem important now, but later in your life, having those people that have been through what you have is something to cherish.

This sounds like advice for anyone who doesn't want their benefits stolen by my step sister...

Also, thanks again for all the advice. Especially from those who are currently or have already been serving.
Definitely showing that brotherhood, even before I'm shipped out.

Wish I could give you advice but I'm an Air Force user, all I can tell you is while in basic is to just shut the fuck up and do what you're told. I think that applies to every branch. Also [spoiler]Don't shit your pants like I did like 6 weeks into it because you thought you could hold it.[/spoiler]

Cheesus Crust, Sup Forumsro

Don't worry, dude. You aren't the only one. 6 guys in my line up, holding attention for 3 hours after our jog, either shit or pissed.

learn the leadership traits, general orders, etc... you're going to get asked them a lot in bootcamp. Be strong and fast and not a pussy.

Don't let them get under your skin or they'll single you out.

Damn. I can't hold my poops worth a damn. When I have to go I have to go.

>Hey Sup Forums, I just enlisted in the United States Marines Corps

Stopped reading there.

You are retarded.

DO NOT join. You will regret it when you have some cunt lobbing nades at you in a shithole desert.

Get a trade.

Somebody has to defend the oils from the brown people

I did it during base leave or whatever it was called, whatever lets you walk around base with a Wingman, it was very late into it and we were pretty much done. Only happened because I was in the BX and the check out line was long and I didn't want to leave and get back in line, so I thought I could hold it. Thankfully I got to the stall and pulled down my pants, only ruined my underwear. Had to get my WIngman to buy me new undies, Wingmen are fucking great.

Well if you dont kill yourself you will imagine doing so every day.

> I worry that I'll let my fellow poolees down, and disappoint my Staff Sergeant and the rest of the recruiters.

Shut the fuck up troll

>Thankfully I got to the stall and pulled down my pants, only ruined my underwear.
I've been there nigga. Could have been so much worse.

Please have your friends stop driving drunk and raping the locals so we don't have to shut down all alcohol in japan again

stupid fucks

>raping the locals
Is this really a thing? Why am I not surprised?

Why is rape happening during peace time against the population of your ally? Are we deploying retards?

see literally, do not worry. the party isn't stopping any time soon, you're just going to have new best friends and longer work hours.
you just have to get through basic, and that's literally just an exercise in shutting the fuck up and doing what you're told. they will literally fix any other situation once you pass the background check and drug screening

>lobbing nades at you in a shithole desert.
Sounds like a blast 2bh.

Kek

Yes.

Rape+murder from marine usatoday.com/story/news/world/2017/12/01/former-u-s-marine-jailed-raping-and-murdering-woman-okinawa/912488001/

drunk driving cnn.com/2017/11/19/asia/okinawa-american-drunk-driver/index.html

Marines and navy banned from sleeping overnight in okinawa because they can't stop raping the locals cnn.com/2016/03/17/asia/okinawa-us-serviceman-rape-restrictions/index.html

More rape.
stripes.com/news/marine-general-expresses-regret-to-okinawa-governor-over-alleged-rape-1.399461

They're dumb, usually with pretty good mental health problems. I would bail immediately if I was in OPs position

just do what youre told and you will be golden. And if you want to get out they have a no drug policy, abuse drugs of any kind and they with njp you.

They're soldiers, of course they rape. Do you think we live in a cartoon?

i remember Okinawa. we got like a 2 hour brief that boiled down to "go out and see the town. spend money. they like that. but please, for the love of god, don't rape them."
don't be a nigger and you'll be fine, pretty much

Why though? The Army doesn't do it much, the Air Force almost has never to my memory, why are these crayon eaters so bad at simply not assaulting other people?

What about the sense of pride and honor and the uniform and all that other shit? Not to mention aren't soldiers supposed to be alphas who slay pussy left and right without force? What kind of fucking autistic virgin do you have to be to resort to rape?

We are the worlds strongest and most advanced fighting force. There is no reason crayola munchers should be resorting to this. The japs and asians throw themselves at Americans, I do not understand how they can't find consensual sex

They are breach troops. They are trained to run through gunfire and go animal style on the enemy. They don't do well just sitting around. You ever put a wild dog in a cage?

Let him chase a ball at the base then. Shit's fucking embarrassing.

dont whine and dont be a bitch

Some of it is, then they go to police with rape allegations. Sometimes it's a family pressure thing, sometimes it's attention. Sure, there are legitimate rapes, but not all of it is. But you can't blame the victim!

Doing some googling on the topic.. WHAT THE FUCK
>The 1995 Okinawa rape incident took place on September 4, 1995, when three American U.S. servicemen – U.S. Navy Seaman Marcus Gill and U.S. Marines Rodrico Harp and Kendrick Ledet, who were all serving at Camp Hansen on Okinawa – rented a van and kidnapped a 12-year-old Japanese girl. They beat her, duct-taped her eyes and mouth shut, and bound her hands
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1995_Okinawa_rape_incident

Being in the military is a job, there is no pride and honor. You sign up as an enlisted chump because you have no better options. Combat units tend to attract a lot of violent rapists, go figure.

they can, but it's well known that you can get a free paycheck and benefits for life if you play your cards right, too.
the military doesn't mess around with SA, either. you're guilty the second she suggests it, with no real exceptions (except for officers, who are held to different standards).

I really don't understand how you think japs just throw themselves at grunts. Maybe prostitutes do. You still have to talk to girls and be charming and shit. If anything its harder because you don't speak moon.

"We know the soldiers get bored. Rape is an effective way of increasing troop morale. What they do during their off-time is none of our business as long as it doesn't interfere with the war effort." -Unknown U.S. Marine Officer, 1991.

youre just a number to them, trust me, my recruiter made me lie and about broken bones and having a kid on the way so that he could get a paycheck, they dont care about you. I have yet to hang out with any of my platoon buddies that didnt die. and its been over 10 years.

ITT: American anons are actually surprised that soldiers commit rapes.

Got sauce for that image? Looks highly suspicious.

Nice dubs.

Check'd

Also, it's expected during times of war. This is fucking during peace times on the populous of your ally.

like 60% of single men who go to japan/korea that I know, come back with a local wife.

Maybe that's because the men I know aren't crayon eaters

Then why doesn't the other branches get nearly as much flak?

I have no idea the legitimacy, I pulled it off google images lookin for more marine rape memes. Here's the source feministezine.com/feminist/abortioninbaghdad.html

you're gonna get shot in the head, or you'll shoot yourself in the head when returning home because of the horrible things you've done to people

They're trained killers, you can't just turn that shit off. They do the same shit when they're on base in the states, they commit almost all of the violent crime in Colorado.

Roll a grenade in your officers tent and an hero, OP.

Oh fuck off. I am a trainer mathematician, you don't see me running around solving everyone's math problems.

you're an unbelievable faggot, but so were we all when we enlisted. the marine corps will fix you and the benefits are unbelievable.

t. former Soldier with 70% disability due to PTSD. that means i get free healthcare and 1400 dollars a month for the rest of my life.

But rape and violence are fun and cool, math is a chore. Checkmate.

>justifying rape when the soldiers are deployed in a friendly country during peace time
>hurrhurr soldiers gonna be soldiers, boys gonna be boys, niggers gonna nig
Kill yourself.

i dont give a piece of shit

i will say this, the marines have a reputation for being rapey even among other branches.

>non-English speaker detected

haaahahahahah welcome to the shit show retard
I've been in 2 years and it's literally full of retards and rejects. FUCK i hate it here

i got medically discharged. Get ready for hell son.... literally 12 people died in my basic unit and that was at Relaxin Jackson for the Army. You're gonna love this.

How about Marine Reserves? Anybody have any experience with that?

>he'srightyouknow.jpg

t. basic training failure

is that what you told your friends and family when you came back after four weeks? kek

your ass rides in navy equipment

just dont be a fucking idiot.
be confident.
pt hard.
be prepared to get messed with all the time. but its just games.

One word of advice, dont be like the little fuckin POGs that brag about being a poolie.
Personally I didn't have any problems in BCT and AIT. [Army] but that's because I flew under the radar and only volunteered when I needed to. I recommend you do the same.

In other words. You should've went Army you Window Licker

what is t, I keep seeing it at the beginning of posts

> (You)
>Then why doesn't the other branches get nearly as much flak?
oh, marines specifically?
i always assumed they were trained to act like niggers, tbqh. they basically are the nogs of the US branches. with the army being the regular crayon eaters and the air force being the WoW poster boy. we navy guys were too busy fucking each other to get into as much trouble as the marines

From a military family, dad was SF medic and diver. The things I mostly heard said to young bucks was "keep your eyes and ears open and your mouth shut" and "don't be a hero." Essentially these two pieces of advice, although self explanatory, are saying that the training is really testing how much shit you can put up with (so STFU and learn to do your job), and don't get yourself killed over some dumb shit because then who's going to do your job?

keep in mind that I fucked a marines wife numerous times while he was in boot and then deployed in Iraq. You are keeping me safe while I fuck your wife so do it right. The kid isn't his btw. HOORAAAH!

i doubt you'll make it past the first few 'gimme' promotions.

>on Sup Forums
>not virgin
pick one