I'm sick and tired of people stealing my damn pens, Sup Forums!

I'm sick and tired of people stealing my damn pens, Sup Forums!

It's not my coworkers, they know better. It's the people who come into my office and sign paperwork with me; I know they slip my pens into their pockets on their way out the door. I've had to resort to cheaper pens than normal (pic related, it's my latest acquisition) because I usually pick up ones that are $30.00/dozen, but I'm tired of going through a box of that every month.

Anyone have any tips for dissuading people from pocketing your pens, without it looking too tacky? Like, I don't want to turn my pens into little flowers like doctor offices do, and I unfortunately have to keep it work-appropriate (otherwise I'd be supergluing tiny floppy dicks to the ends of all of them).

“Woops, sorry I actually really need that pen back”

These are actually my preferred pen (0.5mm -- the 0.7mm is too inky and bleeds through the paperwork), but they're getting harder and harder to find.

Oh believe me, I do that when I see it happen. The problem is that I don't catch them every time.

Saying "Please be sure to return my pen" at the beginning of the meeting seems to just encourage them to take it even more.

I've tried these before, and while I REALLY like them, they're also way too inky and bleed through the paperwork.

When you give then a pen to use, don't give them the cap with it. People won't pocket an uncapped pen.

When someone needs a pen, pull it out of your butt and offer to them. Most likely they won't accept and you get to keep your pen.

That's a pretty good idea. My paperwork generally takes between 30 minutes and an hour so that isn't long enough for a pen to dry out. That may be the best option.

Buy really cheap and crappy pens. When people complain, point out that its because people don't respect the NAP.

I used to have pens printed that said on the side of them this pen was stolen from! Business name and number.

Buy a cheap brand with a reputation for leaking ink.
People will soon stop pocketing pens from your office

This is superior, but like $2 each.
Mostly I go with the Pilot G2 1mm. They do go on pretty thick but they are so smooth, bold and effortless.

I love new pens. New, free pens. Just like I love new lighters. New, free lighters. Even though I don't smoke anymore. A real gentleman has always a pen in his pocket. Or more that one. Be a gentleman. Steal pens. Also steal lighters. Be a good gentleman. Just like me.

Get one of those pens on a metal ball chain. Their fun to play with and attached to your desk

Stop buying shitty plastic pens and switch to quill pens. Your paperwork would be classy as fuck and it'd be easy to spot someone walking out of your office with a big ass feather sticking out of their pocket.

I know just how you feel.

O had this problem. I now use a $60 fountain pen with funky ink. Since then no one ever even asks to borrow as it's considered rude use someone else's fountain pen and it will be all scratchy anyhow

>this

Turn your pens into business cards. Win/win.

it's the cost of doing business, you cheap fuck

also thanks for the pen, asshole

Keep cheap pens in a plastic tub in your desk and the good pens somewhere nobody will go into. That way you can use your good ones and clients will use the cheap ones

get one of these onto the desk where people have to sign papers

Underrated