twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

nope n nope

Absolutely
youtube.com/watch?v=z3da8WYTaP0

as a genre but not as a movement

youtube.com/watch?v=sLVe-__eClY
youtube.com/watch?v=5Xw6KdAFZxU

exactly
styles almost never die, look at metal every sub since the 70s is still going..
but who thinks punk will suddenly capture peoples attention enough so parents will get worried?

>but who thinks punk will suddenly capture peoples attention enough so parents will get worried?
I suppose if far right wing punk bands started catching on that would concern some parents.

why and when did this happen?

trips checked and am a parent, just got freaked out by this idea

Well don't worry because a far right wing punk movement would be impossibly lame and would never catch on.

>Go to record store
>See that they have Descendents
>Everything Sucks and the new one
>Go to punk rock-centric record store
>I Don't Want to Grow Up, Cool to Be You, and multiple All records

Why does no one have Milo Goes to College?

It's popular and it sells out.

WHY CAN'T YOU SEE YOU TORTURE MEEEEEEE

>reminder about the user that posted several years ago that he knows someone that works with Milo and Milo eats lunch alone every day

Shouldn't be a reply. Ignore that.

In the mid to late 70s and because of the Sex Pistols' influence basically.

Living in Donald Trump's Amerikkka, Punk is not only making a comeback as a musical style, but as a left leaning socio-political movement. Sadly, album pictured is just as relevant today as it was during the Reagan years. Just look around and see how many of the new generation of punx are wearing t-shirts that say "No Trump, No KKK, No Fascist U.S.A." (Yeah, I know that's MDC and not DKs, but I still stand by my posting)

Today's parents were punk rockers back when they were their kids' age. If anything the torch has been passed to a new generation. Parents should worry that their kids will get into mindless, soulless music that is all style, no substance, and has nothing to say, or offer.

(Nice trips)
Well, back in the 1980s there were bands who's politics leaned to the right of center, such as Agnostic Front, U.S. Chaos, The F.U.s and White Pride, although the last band was really supposed to be a joke, but people took them too seriously. Unfortunately, I fear that punk with a right wing curve is catching on fast, but, for the time being, it still seem to be the skinheads, and RAC Oi! that still has a right wing agenda. Be vigilant.

Did you ever consider going to SST Records' web site, and ordering it directly from them?

?????????????????? Punk was barely even around in the mid 70s if at all. Maybe in the New York underground scene, but not as a national fad/movement. Richard Hell and the Voidoids, Television, Ramones, Sex Pistols etc weren't around until at least 76. And you're saying that somehow the Sex Pistols killed the movement they helped propagate?

I wanna start a punk band but i'm not angry at anything. What could i write about?

Whatever, 76 is just ONE year after 75. That's still the middle of the fucking decade. And no, I'm saying that the "movement" of punk as in the fashion bullshit and the nihilistic chaos thing were basically started or at least primarily popularized by the Sex Pistols.

Actually Television and The Ramones had been around since 1974. Television even built the stage at CBGBS. Richard Hell had been in various bands since 1974 prior to The Void Doids, including early incarnations of Television and The Heartbreakers. The Sex Pistols had been a gleam in Malcolm McClaren's eye since The New York Dolls disbanded in 1975, which, incidentally was the same year that The Sex Pistols started.

The Sex Pistols really didn't help propagate anything. They were mere fashion plates for fashion ideas dreamed up by Malcolm and his partner Vivianne Westwood, and their music was a second rate Who rip off at best, even going so far as to cover Substitute.

And anything around 1975 would be considered mid 70s.

You really need to do some more research before posting, or you'll look like an ignorant shit posting idiot.

OK, I'll Grant you that most bands mentioned didn't have anything released until 1976, but that's still the mid 1970s. (And Patti Smith's first 7 inch 45 was released in 1974, and her debut album Horses was released in 1975 if we're going to get technical)

>I'm not a cool guy anymore
>Don't even try to be my friend

Yeah, the guy who wrote those lyrics must be a real social butterfly.

Whatever you want.
As long as it's honest and comes from the heart.
Punk doesn't have to be angry all the time, and you'd be surprised at how many punk bands have a sense of humor, even the more serious, and "Angry" ones.

that would sketch people out these days. punk scenes exist especially in cities but they like to know what an acts "deal" is

you should write a song about being self-conscious

what? nobody will get to play shows without a gimmick is my point good lyrics tend to be self-conscious

it was a joke because punks aren't supposed to give a fuck what people think and you seem to give a lot of fucks about what people think

thats where musics at a group of white dudes play a song about feelings? alt right mass shooters

>Today's parents were punk rockers back when they were their kids' age.
Punk rock was a small subculture--I can guarantee you the vast majority of said parents only listened to entry level pop/buttrock when they were 14.

Conservative is the new punk.

more like today's punks are conservative, the only real progressive idea left to try

Fuck off shithead. Conservatives have never and will never be punk.

hmm but I thought

not being able to be angry at anything because of the eternal dread of self-loathing and unawareness of your social being

hmm people have different ideas wow incredible

what ideas do you have?

youtube.com/watch?v=v0dUnoecoZ0
youtube.com/watch?v=H6rGV5p8A2c
youtube.com/watch?v=oG_TzYDYgBM
youtube.com/watch?v=Bi16l0xC9Xs
youtube.com/watch?v=kV3R2C73Q9I
youtube.com/watch?v=hGGGh03jN4w
youtube.com/watch?v=r8VQ7iCF3LY
youtube.com/watch?v=jQg9pZal5_8

certainly seems like it, but maybe they're all pretending

No, it isn't. People have been trying to push the idea that the "alt right" is punk. It is a counter culture, but it is in the exact same way white nationalism was a counterculture in the 80s and early 90s. The alt right has about as much to do with punk as Skrewdriver does.

Punk values "do it yourself" methods. The alt right is institutionally supported; they don't work outside the system, and they seek funding and representation within it - Breitbart is led by Bannon, and student groups organize around traditional conservative organizations.

Punk is about community participation, meaning it's ideologically inclusive. The alt right is characteristically exclusionary, as evidenced by its anti-immigrant, anti-non-Christian, and anti-democratic sentiments.

Not all controversial countercultures can or should be tagged as "punk," and ideologically the alt right is effectively the exact opposite of anything that could be considered punk.

youtube.com/watch?v=E1pVAaGS-oQ

go to sleep brian

Amanda Palmer, pls leave

You deserve a Dodge Ram. Please stop.

Please, stop. Just stop. Literally, no one is pushing that the 'alt-right is punk' save for that singular retard, PJW.

And a massive fucking 'lol' about your latter comparisons.

That's double edged argument. Punk is very exclusionary as well. Especially ideologically.

nice, thanks for this

MY DAY WILL COME I KNOW SOMEDAY MY RECORD STORE WILL CARRY PUNK

>The alt right is institutionally supported; they don't work outside the system, and they seek funding and representation within it - Breitbart is led by Bannon, and student groups organize around traditional conservative organizations.

Progressives and leftists astroturf constantly and with far greater institutions in media, entertainment and even the "underground" to support their shitty existence. In comparison, the alt-right is literally an internet-only movement with only perhaps 200,000 adherents in the entire world, and that's highballing it. They have virtually no street presence to speak of, and the few times they do take to the streets, it's an embarrassing shitshow. Fuck, nobody gave a fuck about the alt-right until Hillary Clinton talked about them. She, and apparently everyone else left-of-center, greatly overestimated the alt-right's influence on our culture.

Punk can only exclude the alt-right because it's a subculture first and genre second. In comparison, Metal is a genre first and subculture second, which is why it's far more attractive to right-wingers than Punk ever was.

t. not even alt-right.

Correct. Punk isn't about music, it's about politics and cult status.

That's not entirely true. Punk was an outgrowth of American garage rock. Overtime, it became politicized, but it was just about music in the beginning.

And then, the subculture came to make the rules.

>Living in Donald Trump's Amerikkka
And already, I don't want to read the rest of your post. You're bereft of cleverness.

Punk Is Dead:
youtube.com/watch?v=xGjk1Y_j8QE

Yes that's right, punk is dead, It's just another cheap product for the consumers head.
Bubblegum rock on plastic transistors,
Schoolboy sedition backed by big time promoters.
CBS promote the Clash,
But it ain't for revolution, it's just for cash.
Punk became a fashion just like hippy used to be
And it ain't got a thing to do with you or me.

Movements are systems and systems kill.
Movements are expressions of the public will.
Punk became a movement cos we all felt lost,
But the leaders sold out and now we all pay the cost.
Punk narcissism was social napalm,
Steve Jones started doing real harm.
Preaching revolution, anarchy and change
As he sucked from the system that had given him his name.

Well I'm tired of staring through shit stained glass,
Tired of staring up a superstars arse,
I've got an arse and crap and a name,
I'm just waiting for my fifteen minutes fame.
Steve Jones you're napalm,
If you're so pretty (vacant) why do you swarm?
Patti Smith you're napalm, You write with your hand but it's Rimbaud's arm.

And me, yes I, do I want to burn?
Is there something I can learn?
Do I need a business man to promote my angle?
Can I resist the carrots that fame and fortune dangle?
I see the velvet zippies in their bondage gear,
The social elite with safety-pins in their ear,
I watch and understand that it don't mean a thing,
The scorpions might attack, but the systems stole the sting.
PUNK IS DEAD. PUNK IS DEAD. PUNK IS DEAD.

it's updated, now is ©yberpunk

youtube.com/watch?v=wmin5WkOuPw

undrnet.com/public/#rifhes-neuromancer

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLcx8DGkalsx4JPyF7VmDIOg1rzLR-suB4

i saw plenty of punks and people with punk badges on their jackets at the death grips/ministry live

hi, im a guitarist and i am very poor and i am angry that i am poor and envious of those who have a lot of money, caring families, and people who love them
i write lyrics and sing too