Any britfags here? Thinking of moving back. Is it hard to get a job now? Whats the best city for jobs and cost of life?

Any britfags here? Thinking of moving back. Is it hard to get a job now? Whats the best city for jobs and cost of life?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=56QLSdSo5vY
youtube.com/watch?v=xa0AqS5eC9U
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Where are you living now?

Texas.

Lol why the fuck would you leave there to come here? Because you hate the sun and want to live in a house smaller than your bathroom?

Inverness. The hottest chicks in the UK too, albeit from Poland.

I miss the food. Pork pies, fish and chips etc..

south Wankshire
the queen mum shit in my mouth there

Grimsby

Fish and chips is crap nowadays. You have barbecue, tex mex, pizza that isn't made by pakis etc.

Go to Whitby they're great.

I was the same. Lived abroad for a bit and eventually got intense homesickness. Missed pork pies real ale and the sense of humour. And the drizzle. Sunshine gets fucking boring tbh.

Wetherspoons does some good fish and chips and meat pies.

Lol your gf fucked a black dick and you went home crying to mommy and sipped tea really right?

Projecting much?

Good shout mate spoons is a fucking great eat up and piss up.

fuck me... get a job guys

I love a bit of 'spoons.

It's all pretty shit unless you are going into defence or computer related pish.

I find it hard to get a job but that's because I'm too honest in job interviews about my anxiety and depression and shit like that.
Don't move to London.
London is a fucking shithole.
Up north is fucking shit too, fuck Liverpool, fuck Manchester, fuck Newcastle... fuck all of them.

The best place in the UK in my opinion is Brighton if you can tolerate being in the faggot capital of the UK.
Best fucking place but expensive.
I lived there for 3 years and wish I was still there.

Essex here debating moving to US, as far as I can tell

Britain:
Culture
Humour
Near Europe

USA:
Food
Climate (Would be going to Oregon)
Bigger (but made of wood and plaster) houses

Anything else?

>Climate (Would be going to Oregon)
It rains a lot there. Theres Canon beach it has sand dunes make sure to check it out.

Brighton is literally crap. Manchester is ok apart from the druggies in Piccadilly gardens. Newcastle is brilliant.

>Brighton
other option other than Brighton? how comfy is Bristol?

Bristol's nice.

>Bristol
youtube.com/watch?v=56QLSdSo5vY

Leeds is a great city with plenty of work and commuter links. You need around 15-1700 sterling a month to live comfortably though.

Londonfag here

Don't bother moving back, it's shit all round but London is particularly shite. I'm lucky enough to have a shit tier data scientist job, pay is £45k p/a after 3 years. Then you have to factor in the £4+ you'll pay for a pint, £10+ for a pack of smokes, 460k for a house in a shit tier part of the city... Plus the likeliehood of you getting bumrushed by some little chav on a scooter.

I know from my mates that landing a decent job is hard unless you have some tech/computer related experience or a high level "expert" degree.

Brighton? Literally a shit hole

Try avoiding cities and looking at the south/southwest areas. I grew up in london, but moved to Bournemouth 10 years ago and have never left. Warmer than the rest of the country, the forest and beach on your doorstep. If you go further into Somerset / Devon then property prices are next to nothing.

>warmer than the rest of the country

Surely, Cornwall's warmer

cardiff was nice , had a great time there doing my masters

Where are you now? What'd you end up doing with your masters?

Yes, you're right. I should have written my reply better. Dorset is a degree or two cooler.

Bristol , it was tech related so i got a good job but i am think going back to wales , much cheaper there and the place its great

You must be northern.
Northerners are a fucking nightmare and up north is scummy as fuck.

Bristol is a poor man's Brighton but without the queers.

Brighton is great, only a couple of parts are genuinely shitholes and you're so far out of actual Brighton that it doesn't matter.

Good for you man. My degree was useless, too old to retrain in tech now.

just get experience , i rather work with someone with hands on experience that a fresh graduated guy , i started working in it around 16 and only did a degree around 34

North is better than South. Southerners are fucking insufferable and apart from London there's nothing there. I also lived in Brighton for some years.

ASDA's microwavable food is much better and gives you more for your money. In Canada microwavable food is so little its not even a snack.

Doesn't brighton have a 70% unemployment rate? Ranked 109th on quality of life index?

Nah, in leeds at the moment. Can live comfortably with £700 a month bills.

I'm in the same boat. Left UK 11 years ago, did 4 in Russia and now 7 in Maryland. Ready to call it a fucking day, but a bit worried about whats waiting for me if I do go back.

Live in north UK, basically near hartlepool but not really

Whats a good job for antisocial 20 year old? fucked up uni cause i was in and out of hospital, i just need something that isnt say working at mcdonalds or something

We're fine. Everyone just likes moaning as usual. Same old same old, mate. All's well in Blighty.

Lol, I figured it cant be too bad, but 7 years of the American propaganda machine starts to wear you down.
I will get so fucking fat if I go back.

Yeah I bet. From what I read on here there's some strange shit being said about us. Don't believe a word. It's the same as it always has been. Fucking cold at the moment though.

look into contracting. data scientist pay around 3/400 Per day

>Surely, Cornwall's warmer
Yeah for about 2 weeks of the year, the rest of the time it's fucking raped by the Atlantic

I live in Glasgow
dont move to fucking glasgow

Just do anything to bring in some beer money for a year or so but really think about what you want to do in your down time. Up to about 22 you can still do whatever you want

Because it isn't very nice or are you threatening us to stay away?

nah mate its fucking shit

There is a constant subtle message on TV about the US basically being the last bastion of civilisation. (In between school shootings). Even the liberal news like CNN have a habit of portraying most of Europe as a warzone on a regular schedule, while the likes of Fox just go full retard. Between the constant reminder of horrific danger lying in wait a single step beyond the US borders, to the flag waving and the brainwashed patriotism, it actually fucks up your reality.
They were doing it even when I arrived, but its definitely got worse. And it really gets to the point where you find yourself asking "Could it be the UK really has gone downhill so bad so fast? Are little girls really being offered to muslims on a plate? Could supposed news outlets be allowed to lie so much?" (And thats just the left, the right wing outlets are in a whole world of their own).
Fucks with your head.

>"Could it be the UK really has gone downhill so bad so fast? Are little girls really being offered to muslims on a plate? Could supposed news outlets be allowed to lie so much?" (And thats just the left, the right wing outlets are in a whole world of their own).

I mean, we're in a pretty shit state of affairs, but if it's any consolation we're nowhere near as bad as the american "superpower", so there's that.

There is this fucking snow though

Glad to hear. As far as snow is concerned, come over here and live in one of these wooden fucking sheds during winter and I'll show you something to complain about. Shittest housing I've ever seen. Wtf is triple glazing when even double is a luxury?

is wood housing really still a thing over there?
fair enough the weather is better but you still fucking get winter
wheres the bricks and fucking mortar and some solid fucking boays to put it together

Craziness. No mate, like I say everyone likes a good moan but essentially nothing's changed. Media likes to shit stir here but the American propaganda machine sounds mental. My only contact with it is on here and the whole 'getting cucked by muslims' thing is bollocks. Britain's still where it's at.

Whats waiting for you? You got warrants?

Move to Wales
>No niggers
>No Paki's
>Plenty of jobs in South Wales
>Cheap booze
>Plenty of sheep to shag

This. Lost my job when the engineering sector took a hit and spent 9 months unemployed despite a high end masters degree. Also -

>House prices are far higher than they should be (and will most likely crash soon)
>nightlife isnt anywhere near as good as locals will lead you to believe
>stuck up wankers in the west
>ugly mouthbreathing thugs in the east
>an accent based on talking out your nose
>google “limmys show” - thats what glasgow thinks is hilarious comedy

Up north is so much cheaper for living costs but might be a bit worse employment wise. I reckon people are nicer up here as well

If you take account of Brexit, the country is heading down the shitter in a couple of years time.
Either stay put or pick a European country with future prospects.

Fuck yes, its the vast majority. And yeah its better weather in the summer, but where I am we hit -14C regularly at night during the winter and its fucking baltic in these houses. Combined with shitty 'central air' heating that fucking drones away 24hrs a day so you have major draughts all over the place and you have a nightmare of a winter. Especially as the wood shrinks around the windows and doors in the cold.
Glad to hear its still buisness as usual.

Nah fuck no. At least I better not. Only thing I ran out on back then was a couple of leccy and water bills, and I doubt they're still looking for me 11 years later. (Fucking interest will be murder if they are lol).

>Is it hard to get a job now?
Depends entirely on your field and current experience. If you've got managerial experience or work in tech, you'll be fine but otherwise its a bit of a shit show for finding decent well paid work.

For a good place to live, look at the south west, its dirt cheap but the counterweight is the lack of jobs going around. Again you'll be fine if you have good experience, but it'll be a bit tougher.

Socially, things are pretty much the same as ever, although there is a clearer divide over Brexit politics its not as bad as the social divides caused by Trump. Weather is the same old rainy days and we still have classic British food. Brexit is strangling the economy but we're not on the brink of total collapse, just a few more homeless people and shits a bit more expensive now.

If you're free to move about though, look elsewhere in the world. There are much better places than the UK/USA for living a higher quality of life. Dubai is a great place to earn money and its quite heavily British expats in most places in the city.

tl;dr Britain is doing okay but I wouldn't choose to live here if you have other options.

I have an Irish passport as well but no family in Ireland. I have more relatives in the UK. So would prefer to stick to the UK.

fuck you, squires fish and chips is god-tier and if you ask for bangers and mash in america they give you an abortion.

>Dubai better than uk
Don't be fucking ridiculous

Get the fuck out to Asia Pacific. This place is a countdown to carnage.

actually i pretty much disagree with all of your points and none of those were why i made my original statement, it's fair to say you're probably not from glasgow.

I'll give you housing prices but Glasgow arguably has the best nightlight and music scene in the whole of the uk.

also limmys show is funny but thats a matter of opinion

If your goal is to earn money quickly, its a million times better than the UK. Here you're a wage slave and you'll be working forever to pay things off and save what you need for future plans. In Dubai you can reach your financial goals within a few years.

Sure, its a vastly different culture but you wouldn't stay there forever.

lol UK youtube.com/watch?v=xa0AqS5eC9U

It would have to be a lot of fucking money. I wouldn't want to stay there for a week never mind a few years..

Amerifag who moved to the UK.

Oregon is nice, especially Portland. Decent IPA if you like that sort of thing.

Honestly, I was thinking about picking up and heading out somewhere like Texas, what's your job?

When will people realize that food is our culture lmao, our humor is there but not as much as you brits, what's your ideal climate?, and forgive me for sounding like a retard but what are british homes made out of?

oil rig engineer.

bricks and fucking mortar and fucking cement you cunt
and fucking slanted roofs and good fucking guttering built by lovely fucking tea drinking high vis wearing workies

fucking wood

Brick/stone.

No shit? I was interested in going into that after I leave the navy, what quals do you need? And how hard was it to get into? If you don't mind the grilling..

Living in Somerset/Devon the salary's are shite, so unless you manage to commute 2-3 hour drive into Bristol or Cardiff your salary won't go far plus there's fuck all to do

Dont be so sure about the food. As a bong who lives here the sheer amount of artificials and chemicals they put into the food here gets old real fast. All the food starts to mush together into a weird artificial tasting mess after a while.

Biased opinion so take it with a grain of salt, but I've lived in Newcastle my whole life and have always liked, and living prices are still decent(-ish). Anyone who instantly goes to "the north is a grim shithole never go there" has only stayed for a few days at most and never lived there

Dude i live in one of the nicest areas of London but if i had moved i wouldn't be comming back. I mean they hav legal weed in a lot of states. Why would i go back to the uk. This hole is falling apart, sad but true.

Stop eating Findus crispy pancakes.

This. I'm down south now but I'd give my right bollock to move back to Newcastle.

how come you had to move? uni/work?

Wtf are you on about it sucks

Bird. Then work.

Fucking Americans look you dopey cunts there's a book called the 3 little pigs now clearly you fucks stopped reading after the straw house got blown in well fucking spoilers the wood one did too but the brick one stopped the wolf. Fuck me we teach this to mini Birts you illiterate cock head.

hope you find yourself back here someday mate

Holy fuck I would kill a small child for a findus crispy pancake. Or a greggs. Or a pie of any kind that isnt a dessert. Or fish and chips, (harry fucking ramsdens). Or chinese that isnt americanised. Sausage rolls and steak bakes I've ended up making myself, but its not the same.
Fucking hard to make very much either, as supermarkets dont really have much in the way of ingredients, instead preferring a premade approach with 800% added flavor and salt.

So do I mate.

Get a fucking grip.

Oh shit now I really want a Greggs..

>best nightlife and music scene

What drugs are you on and can I have some? Because the drugs in Glasgow are shit too.

Saw the Greggs shops a bunch of times. Thought they were a clothing store so never went in. I hear they do swiss rolls too. Amirite?

There's really no denying that subclub is one of the best clubs in the world nevermind the UK.
Glasgows indie music scene is fucking massive right now and just as big if not bigger than any other major UK city.

Fair enough there isn't as much variation in clubs etc but you'd be stupid to say the scene isn't booming mate

Ive been craving that shit for 11years. If I ever go back that will be my first port of call, followed by steak and ale pie in a pub, then fish and chips for dinner, and an indian for supper.

That would be a good Day One.

delicious pasty shop

Subclub? Is that the one next to the ratty bingo hall with all the fat teenage girls constantly hanging out outside?