Why is Sup Forums obsessed with lyrics in music?

Why is Sup Forums obsessed with lyrics in music?

Are you baiting? Lyrics are half the music

Because they're an important part of the artistic expression in songs that have them?

>I only listen to the music for the lyrics

I only listen to jap metal, I do this because I cant understand their moonspeak so I dont cringe at the edgy lyrics.

Loveless and LYSFLATH is are two of the most well liked albums on this board

Fuck off, the nr1 meme here is iaots

yeye but they're probably 2 and 3

Why are you here??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

i think literal 3rd worlders or 3rd world transplants are the only people who say this.

all normies and basic bitches are obsessed with lyrics

it's objectively the most pleb aspect of any musical creation, and therefore the easiest to into

A good vocalist can convey emotions, a message, a meaning, etc without lyrics. Lyrics add another layer and can be poetry. The middle-ground is death metal-style singing, where the lyrics are there but difficult to hear but it doesn't detract from the overall song.
Unfortunately it's very easy to do wrong, and there aren't many good vocalists in genres like metal, so it ends up just being noise and gibberish with the pretense of intelligent thought behind it.

Self-input. Many people use music as a form of escape. Inserting themselves into the character or scene that the performer themselves are trying to portray. A way to relate in order to not feel alone, and more importantly, connected.

Most of mu is this way. They don't care about the musical aspect of music, just working out their gay emotions through songs.

Because they're there

Because most people on Sup Forums don't know enough about music to talk about it.

Aka ignorance is bliss

Lyrics/vocals are more likely to ruin a song than they are to significantly improve a song

Do you realize how retarded you sound?

Why are Sup Forumsmblr fags posting gay cartoons on Sup Forums?

t. Retard who thinks they're smart

>a few years ago
>starting to get into music as a more serious hobby
>discover that i generally dislike vocals and i was being cucked by popular music this whole time

Listen to Harry Belafonte and you'll change your mind again

Yeah man i love karaoke too :3

Kowhy desu! Lol im random at times