/csg/ - Christianity General: Salvation Edition

For all things Christian
Catholics, Orthodox, and Protestants alike are welcome to discuss theology. Try to be polite.

Atheists also welcome, but try to be constructive.

Pastebin for believers and curious folk.

pastebin.com/xMQ9wAwW

Sunday, June 5, 2016

Liturgical Year C, Cycle II

Today's Mass

Tenth Sunday in Ordinary Time

Readings for Mass
First Reading: First Kings 17:17-24
Responsorial Psalm: Psalms 30:2, 4, 5-6, 11, 12, 13
Second Reading: Galatians 1:11-19
Gospel: Luke 7:11-17
Today's Rosary: The Glorious Mysteries

Good Scenes to watch

>Jesus Anime
youtube.com/watch?v=8d-uB0vaoQo
>Jesus of Nazareth Sermon on the Mount:
youtube.com/watch?v=MDCbJ4vnMNg
>Jesus chases Jews out of the Temple
youtube.com/watch?v=kEtBs6j7QgU
>Jesus gives sight to the Blind....and takes sight from those who can see
youtube.com/watch?v=pY7vamVg99E
>Roman Centurion has more faith than anyone in Israel
youtube.com/watch?v=SNLSBjYDPko

>Ben Hur scenes
youtube.com/watch?v=tVlf7OiiTJE
youtube.com/watch?v=Fbt2UUthWg0

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7m3GU5xTSMA
youtube.com/watch?v=E23LSKpJS3M
youtube.com/watch?v=w7c-XY695hk
usccb.org/prayer-and-worship/bereavement-and-funerals/prayers-for-death-and-dying.cfm
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magisterium
my.mixtape.moe/yerinm.webm
cnsnews.com/news/article/pope-francis-same-sex-marriage-move-father-lies-total-rejection-gods-law
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yahweh is not real.

Discuss pic related

(You)

youtube.com/watch?v=7m3GU5xTSMA

More people need to read this. Feel-good Nice-ianity is a major problem these days. What's worst is that even the non-Christians judge you by the standard of it, when they have an incorrect view of Christianity in the first place.

Going to give this a bump before I go to sleep.

God bless all of you, anons. Have a great Sunday. :)

Have a good one, user. May God bless you. :)

Lol, good one lad XD

Glad you felt the need to say that like you're going to convince anyone

God bless and goodbye

I agree with this. Modern "Churchianity" is just liberal garbage with no basis in biblical OR historical Christianity.

It doesn't even remotely resemble the religion described in the bible, nor does it even remotely resemble the way Christianity has been practiced in any culture historically.

That's why there is so much corruption in so-called Christian churches and circles. Immorality, perverseness, homosexuality, etc., are not only tolerated but now celebrated by so-called Christians, as if it's a badge of honor to be proud of, for showing off how "inclusive, tolerant, and loving" they are.

amen

They both worship the same deity, why can't you guys learn to get along?

Heading to a friends Birthday for a little bit then heading to mass. Hope everyones had a good day today.

And as always, thank you OP for the general.

Muslims worship a pagan moon god adapted from an Arabic pantheon and they also deny the Trinity; they are mistaken when they say that we worship the same god.

Have a good one mate, enjoy the birthday and mass. :)

where did this "pol is christian" meme come from anyway

Had something to do with Christianity being true and the last bulwark against Islam, Degeneracy, and Judaism.

four years ago no one gave a flying rat's ass about this crap

I blame shitposters personally

1 John 2:23
Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.

Muslims don't acknowledge or accept Jesus as the Christ and son of God. Islam has truths mixed in with lies to make seem more palatable and acceptable, but it is a false religion

Join us, user.

youtube.com/watch?v=E23LSKpJS3M

We're waiting for you.

Why are you in this thread then

Boards and board cultures change, it's just what happens. How many Nazi threads do you see on Sup Forums these days?

ur mum isn't real, fite me 1vs1

I'd much rather actually discuss politics or news than religious memes that have no relevance to the board's topic
call me old fashioned

Honest question: if we're supposed to conform to the character of god, and god gave his only son to be crucified, are we supposed to be willing to sacrifice our kids like that too?

A GREAT REVIVAL

THE LORD IS WORKING

DO NOT FIGHT IT

JOIN US

youtube.com/watch?v=w7c-XY695hk

Christians are my favorite people

Never read fear and trembling by Kierkegaard?

God wouldn't allow Isaac to sacrifice his son even though he was willing.

>they deny polytheism
They worship Yahweh, same as the Jews, same as Christcucks.

Good is a subjective term.
Yahweh is a theoretical existence.
>Masturbation is addictive.
I disagree.
>Addictions distract us from our duties
But our duties are to ourselves, so it's good to be addicted to pleasuring ourselves.
>they distrort our views of reality
Clear heads help us undertand reality actually, so being addicted to clearing our heads is the opposite and therefore good
>they imprison our choices in certain patterns
In the case of masturbation, we are doing our will to obtain physical pleasure and happiness. That is liberating, as opposed to the doing whatever you want that ends up in imprisonment
>>hinder our free will.
Things given up out of love for ones self are as free willed as things done out of love
>God didn't invent sin.
oh my fugg

Jesus never left you, user

Can someone tell me what prayers I should say for someone who recently departed? Bless his soul.

what could be more relevant to politics? The government must derive authority from God.

Muslims worship a perversion of the great I AM.

>getting bored of the "fun" route

that his family and friends find peace, and that he was saved, and if he wasn't, that God could go back in time and make sure he gets saved? Idk just pray whatever

He is already in hell for touching his peepee

Wow bro, that's pretty fucking disrespectful

Touching your peepee is disrespectful to the lord.

>I disagree.
Answer honestly. Can you give up masturbation forever? Yes or no?
>But our duties are to ourselves, so it's good to be addicted to pleasuring ourselves.
So you are saying that being selfish is a virtue? Good goy
>Clear heads help us undertand reality actually, so being addicted to clearing our heads is the opposite and therefore good
If you need to masturbate to clear your head, and keep doing it to keep it clear, not only are you addicted, but your head is not clear at all. A clear head is one that is not swayed by vices and conquers them, instead of being a subject to them. A clear head is the one that is clear without the need of masturbation.
>In the case of masturbation, we are doing our will to obtain physical pleasure and happiness. That is liberating, as opposed to the doing whatever you want that ends up in imprisonment
First you say that masturbation is your own will. Then you say that your own will brings you to imprisonment. So you agree that masturbation is imprisonment and that abastaining from it is liberating. Good to know.
>Things given up out of love for ones self are as free willed as things done out of love
You are not giving up on anything

Feeding the troll is only going to make is peepee harder.

usccb.org/prayer-and-worship/bereavement-and-funerals/prayers-for-death-and-dying.cfm

Answer honestly. Can you give up God forever? Yes or no?
>caring about yourself is selfish
>goy
You literally worship a kike.

I didn't even mean the rest of my post, so I'm not gonna bother reading.
I'm hard as a rock, precum dripping.

I'm not even Catholic

Like I said, what are you even doing lol

>Works-based salvation

'no'

They still make those cardinal hats?

>reddit proxyfag
Disgusting

Shitposting and getting easy (you)s from cultists while I masturbate.

>Answer honestly. Can you give up God forever? Yes or no?
No. Now you answer:
Can you give up masturbation forever? Yes or no?

apparently, they have swag though

kurwa! :^)

Why

I don't need to masturbate, I cum in your mom every night.

I have, but I'm not abraham. Good response, though.

I understand that that the concept of the trinity is difficult to comprehend, but you completely failed to grasp it at all

Because it makes my peepee hard.

Thanks brother, this should lead me in the right direction.

Are you still waiting for your mom to tuck you in?

Your friend already went the wrong way, just go the other way and don't touch your peepee.
Yes.

>>>/kindergarten/

Why's that?

I agree. I know a lot of "Christians" who could just correctly identify as simply agnostic humanitarians.

Discuss pic related

>>>/psychward/
Because I'm a dirty little sinning slut.

no problem brother, I will say a prayer too for your beloved, it certainly won't hurt

>My sentences
I'm being a bit careful. Some people abuse this.

I do try to compress what I write sometimes. Or just because I think it looks better, or as I want it too I adapt something. Could you give an example of what is not written well?

>>>/cradle/

I'd like to thank the anti-Christian trolls for bumping this thread tonight. Thanks for the bringing further exposure of Christ's Gospel unto Sup Forums through the bumps. Thanks guys, remember to check out the Pastebin in the OP.

>>>/hell/

This was my plan all along, goy.

(post link with an actual link)

I'm being a bit careful. Some people abuse this.

I do try to compress what I write sometimes. Or just because I think it looks better, or as I want it too I adapt something. Could you give an example of what is not written well?

Oh...you're not really explaining WHY it makes your "peepee" hard though. Like specifically, what is it? This is important lad. Please do your best answer well

How come wolfy doesn't post in these threads anymore? I'm not Catholic. I just like how he treated protestants with respect.

The thought of breaking the rules and the knowledge that I'll be punished is arousing.

He still posts here, but he doesn't really lead or engage in conversations so much.

Fascinating. And why do you think this is?

here is a you christfag

he went to /his/ havn't seen him around much since the creation of that board. He does post here sometimes though.

So I have a question I've been wanting to ask Catholics. I was raised Anglican but prefer to not align with churches doctrines and just go off the Bible, how do Catholics rationalize Popes like the one you have now?

Isn't he supposed to be kind of a spiritual guide but instead he's delving into politics like immigration and climate change? How can you be Catholic and then accept that kind of leadership?

No animosity towards Catholics, I have a lot of respect for them, I just don't really understand how one would go about rationalizing it. I probably just don't understand it enough.

It had something to do with lack of a strong father figure and abuse I suffered while attending Catholic school all throughout middle and high school I am sure.

I see

Thanks, based anons.

So how could we change the whole of Christianity?

Prayer :^)

Make an effort to actually read the Bible and actually follow what is written therein.

The papacy is an office. Papal infallibility is only present in very rare occasions. Francis for example never used it, and most Popes never used it actually.
>Isn't he supposed to be kind of a spiritual guide but instead he's delving into politics like immigration and climate change?
Popes do that all the time. Pope John Paul II was always bitching about communism and how bad it is. You have no obligation to agree with the ideas of the Pope about current affairs, unless he is speaking ex-cathedra (i.e. papal infallibility). What matters is that you trust the Magisterium in preserving the deposit of the Faith, that is, the doctrine and the dogma of the Catholic Church.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magisterium
my.mixtape.moe/yerinm.webm

Stop sanctioning gay marriage

Amen

I really meant
a] who is interested
b] how

I agree totally. Tolerance is a secularist value arising from the "Enlightenment", which the Church calls indifferentism and holds as a grave sin.

I love this interaction between Peter and Jesus from the Gospel of John. I think it shows His character very well:

So when they had finished breakfast, Jesus said to Simon Peter, "Simon, son of John, do you love Me more than these?" He said to Him, "Yes, Lord; You know that I love You." He said to him, "Tend My lambs." He said to him again a second time, "Simon, son of John, do you love Me?" He said to Him, "Yes, Lord; You know that I love You." He said to him, "Shepherd My sheep." He said to him the third time, "Simon, son of John, do you love Me?" Peter was grieved because He said to him the third time, "Do you love Me?" And he said to Him, "Lord, You know all things; You know that I love You." Jesus said to him, "Tend My sheep. "Truly, truly, I say to you, when you were younger, you used to gird yourself and walk wherever you wished; but when you grow old, you will stretch out your hands and someone else will gird you, and bring you where you do not wish to go." Now this He said, signifying by what kind of death he would glorify God. And when He had spoken this, He said to him, "Follow Me!"

Gays are not living in sin, ask the pope, he is part of the holy quadruped.

Alright fair enough. But what about the numerous verses that talk about idolatry? Is the Pope not a form of earthly idol? How does Catholicism work around that?

In both "body and soul" unbelievers will suffer eternal separation and condemnation in hell (Matt. 18:8 and 25:46; Mark 9:43; John 3:36; 2 Thess. 1:9; Jude 13; Rev. 14:11).[40] Indescribable torment will be experienced consciously, the degree determined by the nature of the sins to be punished (Matt. 11:20-24 and 23:15; Luke 12:47-48)."

>Stop sanctioning gay marriage
heresy
he literally said gay marriage is from satan
cnsnews.com/news/article/pope-francis-same-sex-marriage-move-father-lies-total-rejection-gods-law

> Is the Pope not a form of earthly idol?
He is not. That is a protestant strawman. He is a sinner and a human as everyone else.

Well the problem is protestants take the Church of Luther's time and assume it never fixed the problems of the day, which it did.

Today it has new problems though.