What is your profession?

What is your profession?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/xnNAS0Yx9v0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

International assassin

Guess

i'm disabled

Metal fabricator. I make brewing and distilling tanks.

male prostitute?

dub getard

Lap Grinder. Not super interesting, but the money's decent.

Forklift operator.
>six years of tertiary education for this shit 5x a week

A lot of /k/ things and Sup Forums things combined with some Sup Forums things.

Sewer/Drainage cleaner and inspector.

I work in IT

ASE certified mechanic. $77K a year, to do something I love. Life is pretty good on this end.

Applied mathematician
More boring than it sounds

Find a better place to work. I spent 10yrs working on loading docks. And I made a ton of money, doing a fairly easy job.

I'm a vet tech

2nded - my boyfriend works as one and he's a miserable fuck

traffic surveyor

huuuah! huuuuah!

I have been, but where I am, there is *nothing* better.
>well, let me be honest: there are, somewhat, but I'm apparently 'not qualified' for them, even the most mundane ones
But for now, I'm teaching myself Python, and thinking about getting a few certs in programming. It's significantly less than a TEFL course, and I'm more likely to be hired by the tech industry in that line of work (programming, web-page design, etc) than I would be as, say, an English teacher in a foreign country.

Still, this is some bullshit....

he would probably be a miserable fuck regardless of job

I love working in a warehouse. I'm not sure what you're doing wrong, but you need to not be doing it anymore.

Fair. Thanks user!

Chemist

You haven't given up on getting somewhere better. That's the most important thing. :)

>need to not be doing it anymore
Yeah, like working there. I fucking *hate* it, and most of the coworkers hate me as well (especially the old ones). It's only less shitty now because it's not freezing anymore here.

eh, maybe

So basically, you're saying you have no idea how to sell yourself. Every little thing you do in your current should be accentuated. If you have to know how to read a spreadsheet due to knowing load counts, weights, location. Use it to prove you can do whatever it is you're trying to get hired for. Try to use your degree to advance where you are. There's always something better so long as you know how to sell your confidence in yourself.

Crypto God/electrical engineer

That's easier said than done - but tough love

>and most of the coworkers hate me as well (especially the old ones).
Probably because you constantly bitch about something that has housed, fed, and helped them raise a family. You don't HAVE to love where you work. But damn, if you're alienating your co-workers, you're gonna be miserable. Try keeping your mouth shut, and being good at what you do. You'd be amazed at how much better your co-workers will treat you.

what did you study?

Pure Maths grad student.

SEO and syndication for a financial services company. Normal 9-5, but unlimited PTO (obviously within reason) and flexible WFH. 135K base and a 10 percent bonus.

Interestingly enough, I am also a computer programmer and I just started messing with Django.

>people say "sell yourself" without feeling disgusted at themself
imagine being this much of a wagecuck

Engineering Technician for a precision plastics manufacturer

Welfare collector

Interesting. Job specifics, years in field and salary?

collision repair

I *do* sell myself; I had to in order to land the internship I had while in university (which was pointless). But, for as much I continue to do so at these interviews (when I have them), it's always some bullshit...every single time. Yeah, they act as though they're about to hire me, and I'm usually more than qualified for their positions (as per the job descriptions and my own experience), but then I don't get a call back. Even when I call them to check, it's always
>we'll let you know
and they do, by closing the job and not hiring me. Instead, they give it to some less-motivated, less-qualified jackass.

At work, I don't speak unless spoken to 90% of the time. When I do, it's job-related, clear, concise, and I don't complain to them. Hell, I work better than most of them, as I actually OS&D the freight and try to (and usually do) get shit done on-time while they're barking back and forth about their favorite sports team or some other banal shit.

Political Science.
>it's not STEM!
Yeah, I know. I had no guidance getting into university, nor any while in there. Every time I asked for some, I was given bullshit responses by those whose job it was to actually guide me.

Was the "D" silent?

Imagine being this much of a pussy

Salesman
$270k OTE

what do you sell?

>That's easier said than done
This might also be some reason why your co-workers dislike you. You're a kid. (Most likely a millennial) And you probably come off to them like "Oh poor me, I went to college, only to work here!" It's not easier said than done. Someone else, with probably less marketable skill than you, went out and did it. You can do it. What one man can do. Another can do!

Electrician/low voltage data-com foreman

psychologist

Business process consulting and systems implementation.

We help companies figure out which processes and tools suck, then help improve and replace them.

himself

Unemployed for five years. youtu.be/xnNAS0Yx9v0

System engineer for DoD

I could sell your wife a bull, and have you thank me for it. You don't sell a product based on its specs, you sell a product based on your confidence in it. The same goes with yourself. You don't nail an interview based on your resume. You nail an interview based on your confidence, and apparent motivation to put your skills to work for THEM. You'd understand this if you ever felt the motivation to get out from behind the starbucks counter and get a decent job.

ISWYDT

This

I work at a bank

Biologist

What's the most interesting non-classified system you've worked on?

Adviser! AUU!

Yes, the D is silent.

Asshole that screams at stupid people online

My wife doesn't want a bull though. Even if you're super confident in how great the bull is.

It would appear I have a new fetish.

>"put your skills to work for THEM"
>literally what a whore says

Hidden fence installer

She just doesn't KNOW she wants a bull yet. I could have her worshiping the BBC, and have you paying ME for the privilege.

Have fun working a dead end job the rest of your life.

>wanting to work for anyone but himself
>this hard in denial about his wage cuckoldry
>justifying "selling himself" this hard
you're a good boy

Set up technician plastics factory

Every job eventually ends in your death.

Can't expect him to understand. Some are so inundated by the system, they actually take pride in being exploited by it.

Songwriter, then session musician on the side

Why would I want the headache? I make nearly 80K a year, get full medical coverage, and any hours I work over 8 per day are automatically time and a half. My boss works nearly 80 hours a week, is miserable, barely gets to see his family, and HE'S the free one?

NEET

He would be if he got rid of that 'family.'

Go back to watching Fight Club. Your argument is empty

This. It’s why the job I have now is pretty damn solid

electrician

Correctional officer, Administrative segregation. Offenders are my favorite animal!

Shiposting

Don't take the sophomore communists seriously. They'll figure it out eventually.

I doubt it. He takes all the liability. If shit goes bad for the business, I have a skill set that allows me to find another job within a week. He's the one filing for bankruptcy, not me. I'll let HIM deal with it. I'm happy just working on cars.

No they won't. And you and I will be the ones paying for their shit for the rest of our lives.

>wagecuck
So you have no concept of the necessity to support yourself? You admit that in a specialized society, where we don't have to worry about growing our own food or providing our own healthcare materials from scratch, that you deserve to sit back and do nothing while also using these benefits that other working people allow to exist?

you're a loser by definition

Shhhhh, you're not supposed to talk about Fight Club.

nursing student?

About to graduate with degree in CS. Starting at $95k in Texas

Which industry are you in?

City bus driver

You're making $95k a year playing Counterstrike? Damn. I'm in the wrong business!

>responsibility is hard
>better whore myself

it wouldn't even be half as bad if your attitude wasn't that of such a pathetic slavish cuck

and how does that make you feel, my little paypig? mad?

Electronics Engineer working for a contract manufacturer. I spend most days correcting other engineer's mistakes because they can't read a fucking parts catalogue.

wow... that's boring

>supporting yourself
>selling yourself

>actually believes this is the same thing

Leg-warmer?

>Doesn't need the hassle of running a business
>slavish cuck

You're missing his point. He said he works on cars. If he wanted to he could open his own shop. But why bother? He makes good money, and has none of the liability. Seems like he's the one on the winning side of that deal.

Internet Lawyer.

That's cool. I'm an Armchair Quarterback.

0.05 $ have been deposited to your account

makes sense that Trump is involved in some gay shit