Is a mini Draco a good home defense gun?

Is a mini Draco a good home defense gun?

I don't yet own a gun, but I thought this would make a good starter due to compactness (compared to other rifles) and high round capacity (compared to a revolver).

Bonus points: I live in Los Angeles - is this legal? How much would it cost me to get one or build one (have one built)?

The barrel is about a third of the length it needs to be. Also why do you need a 50 round mag for home defence?

Not OP, but it could just be a stock photo..

that mag size is illegal for Cali
SBR is legal but it'll take about a year for you to get approved based on where you live.
Best bet is get a 10rnd semi-auto handgun chambered for .45 and you'll be fine.

only if you're chief keef, he loves his dracos

Not OP, but the mini Draco is a pistol not a sbr. The one in his picture though has been converted into a SBR and I hope he realizes that.

To OP, honestly whatever you can appropriately operate. I have a Ruger Gp100, it’s a 6 shot revolver but I do very well with it. Plus the big extra loud shinny gun is usually a deterrent.

AKMs only lose 100-200fps at the muzzle with short barrels, problem is A: that’s a pistol and it’s not on the California approved list and B: the magazine capacity is too big.
Sorry. Move out of that shithole.

A pistol is fine for home defense. If you never want to practice with one, get a shotgun.

Shotguns don’t have magical hit anything spread at 20-30 feet - the most common engagement distance in home invasions.

>Ruger Gp100

I was also looking at this same model. How much did you pay?

And wouldn't this gun make you go deaf if you shot it in the middle of the night in a quiet room?

>why do you need a 50 round mag for home defense

Clearly you don't know a lot about Los Angeles.

>approved
so all AR pistols and all AK pistols are illegal in CA?

No, but they're much easier to use and just the sight and sound of one is enough to send most invaders running for their lives.

All guns fired indoors are going to do that. This isn’t a Hollywood movie.
Guns have a muzzle blast of 130+ decibels.

>The one in his picture though has been converted into a SBR and I hope he realizes that.

No it hasn't. That's a "stabilizing fin", meant for bracing on one's forearm, and not a stock. It's still designed to be fired single-handedly.

yes, but a .357 is much louder than a standard handgun, correct?

This, get an 18 inch barrel 12ga and load it with 00 buckshot. Intruder will shit his pants when he sees it.

It will be louder if its a snubbie with a 2 inch barrel because of the underexpanded gasses.

New ones are. Grandfathered are iffy.

Not easier to use - recoil is much higher with a 12 gauge than a 9mm or .38spl. Also another Hollywood myth - bad guy pisses his pants and dies from heart attack from hearing a shotgun being racked.
That’s action movie bulkshit. If you need a gun, there should be a round or shell in the chamber before you get anywhere near the bad guy. The first sound they should hear is the boom from the gun being fired.

>CA
take it from me m8, get a regular handgun or shotgun. the assault rifle feature list is crazy annoying to navigate, and when your done, all the bits that you want in a "pistol' AK or AR will be all kinds of fucking annoying.

>this wont work in CA btw

Not really. Short barrels do produce a nominal amount more noise but pretty much all the standard centerfire handgun calibers are within a few decibels of each other. It varies a little with barrel length, porting, magnum or +P or +P+ rounds, etc.

what do you mean by "iffy" and what do you mean by "grandfathered?" (Im new)

>annoying
why and how?

New ones are not illegal. So long as you first build it ad a single shot. After that you can legally convert it to a semi-auto. OR just build one from an 80%er.

can you learn this online as someone who has never even owned a gun? it seems complicated and like I would probably screw up

Iffy as in if caught with it a legal gray area - grandfathered means before legislation was passed banning their sale.

Oh wow, what a pain in the ass. Single shot Dracos. Heh.

Don't be a faggot, just get a handgun/shotgun

Ruger SR9C is a decent, cheap 9mm great for home defense and concealed/open carry

Remington 870 is a fantastic shotgun you can score for cheap, just get it used at an actual gun store/show so you don't end up with one of the shitty mass produced ones.