So we supposably landed on the moon in 1969 (last one 1972). It’s 2018 and we haven’t landed since? Why?

So we supposably landed on the moon in 1969 (last one 1972). It’s 2018 and we haven’t landed since? Why?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/33y2B8KBE5w
youtu.be/qRdskT540aw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

what fucking reason do we have to be on the moon

because nearly everything they've told you has been a lie.

Maybe cause there's nothing else besides fucking rocks and dust?

The US already cucked the rest of the world.

Mission accomplished.

moonlading was fake as fuck nigger, thats why

^this

tl;dr Apollo missions were replaced with Shuttle missions because NASA is retarded.

The focus changed from going to the moon to doing other stupid shit that nobody really cared about, hence why their budget dwindled and Space X is now going to replace a government entity for pioneering space.

if burgers were on the moon why there is French flag there?

Because the moon doesnt exist and the stock footage ran out.

We went a few times and it turns out the moon is just fucking boring and it sucks. Nobody's going back unless there's money in sending people there it or they're jerking themselves off over it. Sending actual people there to do science isn't really necessary either.

We don't have to go back, turns out the moon is wack. It's annoying to get there and turns out the moon is just made up of the same shit we find in earths crust

>stupid shit that nobody really cared about
ISS is the biggest, most expensive scientific project in the history of mankind, and it's also international. ISS is also the main reason shuttles existed. But yeah, apart from that and smaller missions, NASA hasn't done much. Probably because it's a gubbamin agency.

True. While I understand the purpose of ISS, I think a lot of money was squandered on missions that weren't necessarily critical. Dated a girl from NASA for awhile and she used to vent a lot of frustrations about the programs she worked on (what she could talk about anyway).

But otherwise yeah, good point. I just think they should've balanced it with some more exploration, as that would've maintained public interests in NASA programs and they wouldn't be so damn broke

>It’s 2018 and we haven’t landed since? Why?

In a word.........Niggers.

Landed in pinewood studio, we British are amazing.

Damn I wish I could have seen one of those things launched.

Because they discovered that on the 'dark side of the moon' the Nazis had build a technological superior Base. No one dares to challenge zombie-moon-hitler and moon Nazis in general.

>Space X is now going to replace a government entity for pioneering space

You like sucking Musk cock and being ignorant?

because the whole putting someone one the moon was about the development of ICBM technology, the range and accuracy needed to do that. There's no point to actually going there its a fucking chunk of rock

How? It's a flat moon!

America has forgotten how to space.

(a) It was becoming increasingly too expensive ;

(b) the public had seen it all already and were gradually losing interest in it ;

(c) it was becoming more difficult to justify the life-threatening dangers incurred by astronauts who had little left to achieve in making the hazardous journey .

--
British citizen who still believes the moon landings are probably the greatest thing ever achieved by mankind, and saddened by so many Americans now asserting that it never really happened.

No, it's just a highly likely scenario given the budget restraints of NASA and the fact that Space X gets shitloads of money from government contracts.

Truth.
That was the mission, and it was done. Pictures around the world, noone believes in a race anymore in any aspect because the US won.
It was a marketing gig for US supremacy

But it's not sexy enough

Will humanity become kinder to each other by space exploration. Or is it a distraction, an excuse for procrastinating.

I think the logical next step would be building permanent moon base after turning ISS into a commercial facility. Lots of experiments on the ISS were conducted with deep space in mind, plus launch costs get cheaper. I like that Pence cancelled the manned Mars mission and decided on the Moon instead. Hopefully it will be an international collaboration, like ISS, but that's unlikely give the current political situation...

I was in Cocoa Beach, about 10 miles from Canaveral for a high level business meeting in 2003 when the Columbia launched. 10 minutes before lift off, everyone stopped what they were doing and went to the parking lot.

Even at 10 miles, the sound was incredible. The air was crackling is the best way I can put it.

I watched the Columbia blow up on re-entry on TV a couple weeks later.

The next logical step would be for humanity to grow up.
We constantly put the "Cart before the Horse".

sure thing kid

Thread/

TOM CAMPBELL KNOWS THE TRUTH

youtu.be/33y2B8KBE5w [Open]

actual astronauts and nasa employees from the era have spoken about nasa, or humans as a whole being told not to return, or that we were not welcome. on my phone at moment so cant find link but its easy to find

So space flight should be privatized and health care should be socialized.

Got it.

>posts 40 year old decommissioned plane

landing on the moon was a fucking useless dick size contest between USA and Russia ....
its and exploit , but a fucking waste of money

>We constantly put the "Cart before the Horse"
How? What should stop humans from space exploration? It's almost non-existent nowadays given the achievements from the beginnings of the space race. People probably spend more money on fucking iPhones, than governments spend on space programs.

At least with an iPhone you can search for information, and link up with people of a like mind.
Space exploration is about funding for weapon research.

>At least with an iPhone you can search for information.
Yeah drongo - search for what humans already know. Real progress there.

If ya go into space, maybe, just maybe we'll find something we don't know. Who'dathunkit?

Why!!!!
There's so much we can improve and explore on our planet.... Young man.

Agreed.

>40 year old decommissioned plane
When America stopped showing the world our cool toys, correct.
Tell me user, what's the fastest plane in the world?

Because there's no profit in it.

been there. done that.

Whoa.

Checkmate atheists

lol

Nice try, Jesus, but that's a mule, not a horse.

Yes dammit. I guess this concept won't fucking work on a horse.

Good eye.

>Why?
It's expensive as fuck, and there are no Soviets to show off to.

>The focus changed from going to the moon to doing other stupid shit that nobody really cared about,
Fuck your bullshit. The research aboard the ISS has been significant, so has the findings from the Hubble telescope.

YOU, amused me.

The aliens politely informed a few key people that we weren't allowed to leave our planet yet.

Yes, there is a lot about this planet we don't know. But none of that will be solved through the act of buying another iPhone.... Old man.

It's just a lifeless rock, nothing to do there.
It's like climbing Everest, once you've been there there's no point to return. Plus there are higher mountains around - Mars etc.

This does seem logical, I believe it.
Terrible polite of them.

Or YOU taking it up the bum, teenager.

That's actually incorrect, the moon is a great launching point.

Wait till Musk lands one of his cars on the Moon.

Teenager? I'm 38. come at me with ya Wikipedia fueled iPhone phaggot.

To launch something from the Moon you need to deliver materials and fuel from the Earth first. That's double job. Moon would be a good launching point if it had any metals.

youtu.be/qRdskT540aw

It's expensive as fuck!
The moonrace was only a showoff on who's missiles was the best in range and most accurate

Humanity can reach the other planets now but we've yet to find out what to do once we land. You see, humans need food and water daily, also oxigen - every minute - to survive in there.
Of course, we could use robots to excavate minerals from asteroids and planets, but with current technologies delivering it back would be unbeliveably expensive, and we still have plenty of those on Earth.

not sure if been answered.
but

Each admin when elected, stops all previous missions, and sets their goals.
next pres is voted in and the same happens.

it mainly flips between Moon Base and Sending ppl to mars

So nasa just reuses old mission ideas back n forth til they get a fully funded mission to complete.

TLDR
>Gobmet Flip flopping on priorities to the tune of billions of dollars. Cant pick if they want moon base or new planet.

theres no money in it... wait till thye find gold up there omg theres gonna be multiple companies up thar lolz