Don't mind me, just winning trophies since 1998 without russian gangster, arab oil owners or royal families money

don't mind me, just winning trophies since 1998 without russian gangster, arab oil owners or royal families money.

Other urls found in this thread:

ft.com/content/34b48e52-bf12-3f91-9473-a7b7639dfc13
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperbole
twitter.com/AnonBabble

but you got american corporate money tho

>Jewnited states of america moneys and Araboil sponsors are somehow better

>implying kroenke puts any of his own money into the club

literally one of the richest clubs in the world

This. That nigga has taken money out if anything

>literally thinks they have no reason to not compete with sugar daddy clubs who have unlimited funds

Kroenke is a majority shareholder, the only time he has ever put money into the club is when he purchased his shares in 2006. Of course his word is what matters when decisions are made at the club but he's no sugar daddy, all of Arsenal's money is earned.

hello handsome ;)

they literally don't

explain why

Atletico de Madrid
nice numbers btw

Diego Simeone is doing exactly what Arsene Wenger was doing in the 90s/early 00s

1 title in 20 years

ok

so why can't he do it now?

they make far less than Arsena and still compete toe to toe against the to richest clubs in the world

they also can sign non eu players without the troubles english clubs face with regards to work permits and part ownerships

oh wow that must really be what's keeping Arsenal down

thats not what i'm suggesting but being so open to the south american market gives them a huge advantage.

arsenal also have to face off against 3 financial giants compared to atletico facing off v 2.

a lot of the 'arsenal are super rich' talk is based off of the value of the club which doesn't give any indication of actual spending potential.

>without arab oil owners or royal families money

Are you some sort of fucking idiot?

sponsorships aren't sugar daddies, user

ft.com/content/34b48e52-bf12-3f91-9473-a7b7639dfc13

they spent over 400M over the last five years, they give massive wages and are able to buy stars like Sanchez and Ozil, money is not an excuse at all
and the gap between Atletico and RM/barca is much bigger than the gap between Arsenal and Chelsea/ManU

>richest
*valuable

arsenal aren't a billionaire's playtoy like chelsea or an arab marketing tool like city. wenger has the resources but also has to balance the books, he can't do that by spending £200m every season like other top clubs

The fortunes of Man United, Man City, Chelsea, Tottenham and Liverpool combined are much more wealthier than Barcelona and Real Madrid combined. Arsenal have to compete with 4 other clubs, Atletico with 2 other clubs. They were bound to win a league title eventually.

but still less than chelsea, united and city

one of the richest too
Bayern and Juve also have to watch the balance, as well as Atletico, Dortmund, etc

>links to paywall

But it's easier for Arsenal to compete against those than for Atletico to compete against Barca and Real, the financial gap isn't that big

still a fuckton

What don't you understand here? Arsenal compete with 4 other teams. There can only be 1 league winner. 5 teams going for 1 spot. Atletico compete with 2 other teams. 3 teams going for 1 spot. As I said, Atletico were bound to win the league eventually. Also, they've only won the league ONCE in 20 years. Arsenal have won 3 league titles and 7 FA Cups in that time period.

2 teams who are uncomparably better than Chelsea and co., Atletico would win the league every year with Arsenal's money
They made more CL finals in 3 years than Arsenal in its entire history

>still a fuckton
But it doesn't matter if it's a fuckton if the teams around you are still spending double what you are. It's the same difference.

>Atletico would win the league every year with Arsenal's money
No, they really wouldn't. Use your brain.

You're joking aren't you?

>Low oil prices boost Emirates Airline
Yes, Emirates is not an oil company.

But OP also said "royal families money". Emirates is owned by the royal family of Dubai. YOU FUCKING IDIOT.

>Atletico would win the league every year with Arsenal's money
That's a pretty dumb thing to say.

What matters is how you spend the money, it doesn't matter how much money United has if they spend 200M on Pogdab
If Arsenal had spend Xhaka's money on Vidal or Nainggolan or Weigl maybe they wouldn't be such an embarrassment

>let's ignore the other points because of a stupid hyperbole

By greed and ruining the game yes

It's just a sponsorship and naming right. Arsenal get like £20m a year from it.

>Calling your own statement stupid
Madhead, proper insulting yourself

Also, even if Arsenal had spent that money on Vidal or Nainggolan, there's absolutely no guarantees they would win the league. There's still 5 other teams to contend with, where 3 of those 5 teams are spending astronomical amounts of money and can double whatever Arsenal are offering wage-wise.

Is it really that hard to comprehend? Since Chelsea and City got took over, Arsenal have barely challenged for the league. It's not a coincidence.

Tbf, Arsenal was better than all of them last year.

you claim arsenal have spent 400m in the past 5 seasons.

atletico have spent around 320m in the same time period.

with that extra 80m, do you really think they'd win the league consecutively for the past 5 seasons like you suggest?

the difference being that atletico were broke and in the second division 15 years ago and didn't even start competing for CL spots until 10 years ago. In the span of those 10 years they've won the Europa League, La Liga, Copa del Rey and appeared in 2 CL finals, while Arsenal have won 3 FA cups without challenging in any other competition.

They were worse off than Arsenal and had to compete against teams that have, arguably, the best 5 players in the world. Meanwhile, Arsenal couldn't even compete when the title was between them, spurs and leicester.

Not saying they would win the league, the point is that you can make up the financial gap with smart investments
If Arsenal has not challenged the league since Chelsea became rich it's because Wenger is not the right man for that task

>Last year
Oh, you mean the year everyone shit the bed and allowed a relegation-fodder team like Leicester win the league?

Arsenal actually got more points this season than last

Let's read what OP said again:

>don't mind me, just winning trophies since 1998 without russian gangster, arab oil owners or royal families money.

When actually, Arsenal is currently benefitting from an Arab royal family's money - the Dubai royal family.

So like I said, OP is a FUCKING. IDIOT.

Evidently, it means fuck all. Everyone else performed this season.

just to be clear, arsenal probably should have won both the 2008 and 2016 titles and didn't due to poor management decisions.

wenger isn't blameless.

but equally, this idea they should be taking in league titles on a regular basis is nonsensical.

we were talking about competing for the title, not winning it on a regular basis, actually not even winning it once, just being competitive

mate give over, the amount of investment difference is huge in comparison

Just as nonsensical as comparing them to Atletico. Atletico is much worse off than Arsenal and have performed better than them in the last 10 years. You can argue all you want about how much harder one league is than the other but from CL performances alone and the fact that Atletico have recovered from selling all of their stars on a consistent basis (which Arsenal hasn't) you can't compare them.

>but equally, this idea they should be taking in league titles on a regular basis is nonsensical.
It's not actually because they're one of the biggest clubs in England.

Man U, Chelsea, and Man City have ALL won MULTIPLE titles since Arsenal last won the league.

Arsenal really should be doing everything they can to challenge for the title. Like the other clubs are doing. They have the budget. They're a club of that stature.

Also look at Chelsea, they've been through multiple managers like AVB, Guus Hiddink, Di Matteo, etc. And you might say some of those managers aren't amazing, but look, they kept trying, and they've won 5 (five) titles in the time that Arsenal have won 0 (zero).

atletico have literally won 1 league title in 20 years and competed for another 1. yet you want to hold them us as some beacon to beat arsenal with.

Wenger was exactly the right man to be in charge when Abramovich came along, he had to fund a £500m stadium debt whilst qualifying for the CL every year and relying on budget/youth players.

At the cost of a trophy drought sure, but he achieved what very few managers in the world could do.

because they all have 100 times the spending power of arsenal.

You say they have the budget, but when those 3 other teams have double that same budget, then it makes no difference. It's the same reason Liverpool or Spurs won't win the league

I'd like to see Mourinho or Pep try and guide a team during that stadium transition in the way that Wenger did.

They compete with Barca and Real while making much less money than Arsenal without ever complaining about muh money
Winning one title and competing for one is more than what Arsenal did in the last 10 years
They also have more CL final appearances in the last 3 years than Arsenal in its history

What don't you understand? They're by far the third best team in Spain. Of course, on paper, it looks like they compete. They only have to compete with 2 other teams. Arsenal have to compete with 4 other teams.
Also, they've won 1 league in 20 years.
Arsenal have won 3 leagues and 7 FA Cups in 20 years.

answer this

Wow you fail to consider the fact that 5 of those years were spent in the 2nd division, the next 5 catching up and since then they have competed for 10 years, picking up trophies along the way.

Arsene always complains about muh money and muh stadium debt and muh players leave b/c theyre mercenaries. When do atletico do that ? they have had their number 9 striker poached every two years and they continue to recover and continue to challenge.

Arsenal haven't competed for the league in ten years mate. We haven't even found a replacement for RVP.

They make less money than Arsenal but they are a much better team, is it that hard to understand?
Forget about the league titles and arbitrary timeframes, compare their CL performances this season
They are competing against the same number of teams, and one did much better than the other

they would do better than Arsenal, just like they do now

>Pretending you're an Arsenal fan
Grow up.

That is factually not true, you are acting as if Atletico have always been the third wheel but thats not the case. They have bulti the club up in the last 15 years after major disaster. Arsenal have been better off in that period of time yet done nothing close to the same to what Atletico have accomplished. They're not in the same starting position. Also great job at ignoring the two europa leagues.

>Refuting my point with ad hominem
Wow 10/10

Where have I said Arsenal are better than Atletico? My entire argument is based on the point that Arsenal have to compete with several teams who have double the financial power of them. Atletico only have to compete with 2 other teams.

If you don't want to talk about competing, then this discussion is over

It wasn't even me that you responded to
I can just see through your bullshit, you're not an Arsenal fan.

Do you realize that football is a global sport? Their competition in the transfer market is the fucking same, the teams they face in the CL are the fucking same, the clubs that buy their best players are the fucking same, Atletico are just much better at using their money than Arsenal

Just because im not sucking off wenger and playing the victim card like everyone at /arse/?

Also Arsenal couldn't even compete with Leicester you clown, what's your excuse now?

No, because you're not an Arsenal fan. I'm an Arsenal fan. I can tell. You're probably that leaf who's been posting shit and being salty in the FA Cup threads.

The sad thing is, he's bought himself another season of fighting for the 4th place. I feel for Arseanal fans.

i'm so sorry that arsenal have never plummeted to the depths of the championship under wenger m8

but you said they'd win the league every year with arsenals spend?

maybe arsenal are more financially challenged in comparison to their rivals (of which there are more) than you wish to believe.

Safe

>Missing the point so hard

>Their competition in the transfer market is the fucking same

hilarious posting this considering your complete dismissal of english clubs not being allowed to part own players and the troubles they have securing work permits earlier.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperbole

Literally this. Wenger had to appeal to sign Gabriel Paulista from Villarreal ffs

Laughable backtracking

When has this ever stopped a player from going to the PL?

whats the point then? arsenal should win the odd league title? yeah i agree. 2008 and 2016 glaring examples that i pointed out earlier. but the idea that 1 league title in 20 years atletico are some shining light is utter shit.

ronaldinho to arsenal. yaya toure to arsenal.

Wenger tried to sign Angel di Maria in 2007 but work permits stopped him. Benfica got him with no trouble.

whatever. believe what you want, Arsenal are poor and fighting for 4th place is the max they can aim at

Yaya Toure is one, Wenger tried to sign him over a decade ago.

wonga in

btfo

>he had to fund a £500m stadium debt whilst qualifying for the CL every year and relying on budget/youth players.
You make it sound like Arsenal were on the verge of bankruptcy.

They weren't.

>Vidal or Nainggolan or Weigl
Vidal is at Bayern, Weigl probably wouldn't have wanted to leave after just one season. Silly of you to suggest these names, like you don't understand how transfers work.

I think he is playing shite in purpose in some games

But for what purpose?

I proved you wrong and all you can say is "give over"? Haha, glad I'm not this stupid.

literally not even the same person. Arsenal get £20m a season from these Arabs. Man City are DIRECTLY owned by the Arabs.

He's right. Clearly the OP meant money through ownership but he didn't express this. Give over.

>glad I'm not this stupid

You're incredibly stupid to not get OP's context over oil money.

>Clearly the OP meant money through ownership
Then if it was clear, he must be pretending to be dumb
It's like trying to find a loophole when it was clear what he meant

Atletico are overachieving majorly though. When Simeone came in, no-one would have thought they'd win the title. Might as well take the position Pulis should be sacked because he hasn't done what Ranieri did at Leicester last season.

>pulis in the champions league
that would be something

would teach all these foreign nancy boys a thing or two.