Football will be never as good as it was in 1996-2002. ;_;

>Footballers were real men, not useless instagram faggots.
>Every league in Europe was much more competitive.
>Serie A was the SHIT, the Premiership was full of passionate alcoholics who played their hearts out, Primera Division wasn't a two horse race, due to Deportivo, Valencia and Mallorca, the Bundesliga was the most fun it ever was and even Celtic and Rangers were somewhat decent teams, compared to now.
>The best football kits ever got. Now we have faggy skin tight Pumas for the express reason of perky nipples sticking out.
>People like Kevin Phillips were winning the Golden Boot.
>We had exciting young sides like Leeds and Parma.
>We had great football anthems like La Copa De La Vida, Carnaval De Paris and Matador.
>No meme fedora cringe roles like False 9 and Enganche.
>On a Saturday or a Sunday, if you were sitting in the park with your ball beside you, there were pretty good chances, that a full 8-a-side match would occur in the next 15 minutes, and you would make at least 5 new friends during it. Now everyone looks at their phone and doesn't give a shit.
>World Cups and Euros were the best time to be alive.
>On 9/11, the TV station cut off George Bush's speech, so it can show Roma v. Real Madrid, disregarding the fact that there was a good possibility of WWIII starting.

I miss it, lads.

I wish there was some kind of full 1999-00 mod for PES or something.

youtube.com/watch?v=f65EwG10kgY

youtube.com/watch?v=jWBCLE36wvM

youtube.com/watch?v=munMGzeqCQE

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TQ9l3ISqSKw
youtube.com/watch?v=egFQBOLfxgM
youtube.com/watch?v=ESw_q5RdzTU
pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Krzysztof_Warzycha
youtube.com/watch?v=xv5KkuzIQfg
youtube.com/watch?v=7bmO8JW193Q
twitter.com/AnonBabble

yes

nuff said

tl;dr

>times when you had Arveladze and Kaladze instead of Saakashwili

agreed

viktor blaskov pls

Yeah. Iktf

>that pic
>when France was still somehow France

stop it ;_;

>Arveladze and Kaladze
useless shitters

These Nike advertisments were so good, even based Mendieta was there

youtube.com/watch?v=TQ9l3ISqSKw

>Petit and Vieira

Has there ever been a harder midfield duo?

KAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHN

>Copa De La Vida, Carnaval De Paris and Matador.
>>No meme fedora cringe roles like False 9 and Enganche.
>>On a Saturday or a Sunday, if you were sitting in the park with your ball beside you, there were pretty good chances, that a full 8-a-side match would occur in the next 15 minutes, and you would make at least 5 new friends during it. Now everyone looks at their phone and doesn't give a shit.
>>World Cups and Euros were the best time to be alive.
>>On 9/11, the TV station cut off George B
Stupid, the 90's were the decade of enganche's. Riquelme was the last one.

You now remember Ladić, Prosinecki, Suker, Soldo and Boban

I grew up watching Serie A in the 90's, man, I really miss it.

>bielsa directing our NT
please no.....

>This was Parma's squad in the 1999 Uefa Cup Final

>Parma was declared bankrupt in 2015 and now plays in the 4th tier of Italian football, the equivalent of the Vanarama National League

>posting in this thread
>to argue with OP

Confirmed underage.

>No riquelme in his peak

>Man City fans

Didn't Parma go bust twice after that?

I recall them having about 100 players on that third-party ownership shit when they died in 2015.

>be kid in 1999
>like or dislike players because they look friendly or not
>fucking ravanelli appears
>pls god kill him
>plays against parma
>support parma in that final
>marseille btfo
I have still Asprilla sticker somewhere inside my cupboard

>your country's two best players
>useless shitters

>a white frenchman
What the actual fuck?

Bruh Bielsa is the only Argentine manager I can think of that would actually be able to get the best out of Messi at international level considering his the tactical legacy Pep owes to him and Messi's proclivity to those sorts of tactics.

Emmanuel Olisadebe
First black guy in polish national team
>omg so exotic
God how much we loved him
He was literally our favourite nigga. No one was racist towards him

I don't understand this, expand please. Birmingham fan here.

>tfw you wont ever cheer like crazies with your dad at our run at uefa league(which was relevant back then)

>tfw you will not witness another warrior squad with literal hooligan tier spirit in your team again

>tfw even today's commentators are soulless

>muh industrial divegrass

youtube.com/watch?v=egFQBOLfxgM

;_;

Nostalgiafags are an abomination in the eyes of the lord.

He was GOAT in winning eleven

Holy shit!

I remember him at Panathinaikos.

He made them champs one year, but then got injured and dissapeared forever.

>adams, vieira, overmars, bergkamp, henry

seriously how did you hang in against that team

>georgia's two best players

to be fair that's not saying much

>first round coming back

Remember blooper videos?

youtube.com/watch?v=ESw_q5RdzTU

pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Krzysztof_Warzycha
speaking of Panathinaikos, there is Krzysztof Warzycha 390 apps (245 goals)
before, it was coach Jacek Gmoch
poles contributed to greek football

arsenal squad was like 2 times better than ours indeed, but our lads managed to do that somehow, still cant believe. we even beat halal madrid at supercup afterwards, still dont know how it happened, but im sure it wont happen again ;_;

>Sukur, Popescu, Hagi, Korkmaz, Davala, Sas, Taffarel...

They were unironically a top 7-8 team in the world at that time.

I remember Turks from 2008 though, I loved your last-minute-goal team
Literally the soul of the tournament

well if it's any conciliation arsenal only had a few more years of success before becoming the bottlejobs they are now

they are playing the playoffs to get in SerieB tomorrow you liar

>>On a Saturday or a Sunday, if you were sitting in the park with your ball beside you, there were pretty good chances, that a full 8-a-side match would occur in the next 15 minutes, and you would make at least 5 new friends during it. Now everyone looks at their phone and doesn't give a shit
This still happens all the time

Just today played against some guys and a kid

You live in Uruguay though.

That's like saying you played a video game at Nintendo's factory.

quite literally the only reason you think so because you were still a kid back then and everything seemed more "magical"

yeah 2008 squad had nice spirit, now we got soulless meme guys like pic related that think they are messi or some shit so noone can critisize them. hope our new gen players like ünder,ünal,mor etc can fix our NT as it's absolute shit atm.

hagi, şaş and taffarel were really really good indeed. others were good too, but that 3 was really good.

btw şaş was literal crazy lel

people will be saying the exact same shit in ten years

>remember riyad mahrez and jamie vardy
>now sunderland just win the league every year

I hope at least

Yes, we know, BULGARIAN FOOTBALLWAS THE SHIT! Stoickov was GOAT. Whatever

Thanks for Kostadinov anyway

>yank sunderland fan
Why?

>BULGARIAN FOOTBALLWAS THE SHIT!
>early 00s

98 is exactly when they started becoming utter trash

The game is the same, it just got more fierce

> (You)
>I don't understand t
Man City are going to be relegated and in the fourth tier in 15 years time after Pep flops and the Sheikh gives up.

Poland 3
Bulgaria 0
youtube.com/watch?v=xv5KkuzIQfg

man city are not going to flop man they literally have unlimited money

>98
correct

Bulgarian football was never good. We just got lucky in 6 games and then started to believe in our own hype too much.

youtube.com/watch?v=7bmO8JW193Q

>all these 90-00 squad nostalgia itt
>remember the absolute shit show urgay NT was during that time
>all those hacks that were constantly called up
>the absolute indiference of the players towards the NT
>all that talent wasted to launder the money of the mafia that currently runs the country

yea no thanks

>I wish there was some kind of full 1999-00 mod for PES or something.
It's called ISS.

Still, you produced the best lazy striker ever.

FEELS REAL SAD

NIGGA with sunglasses were sick

I know that feel
This was before Internet got too mainstream
Good times

We need to...

Make football great again!

>tfw Edilson Capetinha (last guy on the bottom right) has more WCs than Zico, Sócrates and Falção

How the FUCK this team didn't steamroll everyone I'll never know

But we did. We lost the final in a stupid way.

Kaladze was good when he was in his prime

>the much inferior 2006 WC team won but not this one
JUST

ITT: MUH CHILDHOOD

Reminder that people will be looking back at 2017 with muh nostalgia in 15 years.

I feel sorry for the kids of today experiencing this garbage football

When was the point it all went to shit, lads?

I'd say 2003.

>Beckham going to Real Madrid.

I love that team to death, but honestly, Figo and Zidane were enough. Ronaldo was too much and Beckham felt like an overkill. Florentino wanted to God mode through Europe, and I'm glad it blew in his face.

>Abramovich bought Chelsea.

It became cool to pump truckloads of money into a club, and the Arabs soon followed suit like stupid bandwagoning bitches.

>TSUUUUU signed with United.

Literally The Phantom Menace IRL. Nice ugly kid who in his first seasons he tried spinning and other good tricks, but fast forward to today and he has become more of a machine than a man. And all the young players Kylo Ren him and want to be like him, more than they want to be actually good footballers.

There are literally no based players left. Only Zlatan, but his career is basically over. Same with Buffon. LCIM could be one, but he has some beta qualities.

We now have only dabbing niggers, twink fuccbois and crybabies who can't take losses.

Evra still playin desu

I can't even conceive how gay, immoral and greedy they will be in 10 years or so.

Having grown up as a City fan in the nineties and suffering absolute hell under Swales and then Franny Lee running the gaff, not to mention Alan fucking Ball, while them cunts from Trafford hoovered up every trophy going and made my school life a misery, I laugh my balls off every single day now.

I remember that squealing ginger idiot declaring that Martin Buster Phillips would be England's first ten million pound player. I remember 'What time is it? Five past Immel'. I remember Kinky being the only hope of getting your money's worth, if only the beautiful fat little cunt turned on the magic that week.

Thank fuck for David Bernstein, Joe Royle and then Kevin Keegan, who gave me my favourite ever City season in 01-02 when Benarbia and Berkovic ripped the absolute shit out of Division One and it didn't matter if we conceded three cos you knew we'd get a fourth off Shaun Goater's arse.

Those days made us. Thirty-four thousand in Maine Road every other week in Division Two was spectacular and none of you johnny come lately newfags will ever understand what it was like. York City away in the late nineties, fucking hell.

Also, Andy Morrison.

>tactical legacy
bielsa´s extremely direct attacking and man marking defense is literally the oppositte to pep tactics desu

You are talking as if machine like players didn't exist back then. Take off that stupid nostalgia goggles for a second.

>deschamps
>jeremies
>heskey
>hasselbaink

nah im p sure thats dave chapelle

anyone have this image english or atleast a translation of it?

Damn I miss manolis,our best striker besides cisse and berg

You really did,thank you based polan

>being this much of a good cunt