How to fix BBT

Tried to re-watch this from scratch and having now reached season pic related I can now safely confirm how this show can still be saved and what it needs saving from.

>what's the problem?
The problem with BBT is that it's not longer about what it start off as being about. It's no longer about what normies define as nerds. It's no longer about the daily lives, struggles and humors of the nerd.

It's "Friends: With Smart People" (note that it's not "Friends: For Smart People"). It's a relationship comedy with occasional nerdy undertone.

>how can it be saved?
Well it's pretty far gone now, so the changes would have to be pretty radical. In short though:

>Penny would have to move. Either for a job or because she was leaving Leonard. Moving would be the best fit for her, leaving Leonard to "default" back to the character we liked in the first season.
>Amy needs to finds someone "better" than Sheldon. She needs to leave him for another man and be subtly cut out of the show that way. She is nothing but an anchor on Sheldon's personality as it stands right now.
>Bernadette needs to either do what Penny should have done, or die. It might make more sense for Bernadette to actually die than to sweep her away.

Now I know what you're thinking...

>TL;DR
The show should never have become a relationship comedy. What was funny was watching Leonard drool over but never actually GET Penny. Once he did it was all down-hill. The second they became a couple was the second the show took a drastic fall in quality.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=93uk4tLex54
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Sheldon kissed a girl and has a girlfriend. Both before me
>Raj can talk and had girlfriendS
>Howard isnt creep anymore and is married and having a baby
>Leonard is banging a 10/10 everyday
Just kill this show already

You are partially on to the exact same thing I am.

In my opinion I felt the show took the first big leap in the wrong direction when Leonard and Penny entered a sexual relationship. Because at that point they almost HAD to hook the rest of the guys up with someone too.

Now their personalities are more mellow, more normal, in order to appease their viewership more.

the problem is that its shit

Its nearly over now user

Soon the show will get too expensive too make with the cast wages and they'll end the show around season 12 or 13

Hopefully the endgame is Sheldon and Amy getting married so they can end this shitshow on a high note

Yes, of course, but WHY is it shit? The principle is not shit in itself, is it?

>4 pathetic white manchildren nerds struggle with normie things while trying to live out their nerdy personalities

I could turn that into gold. But I guess that's sort of what they did too.

>It's no longer about what normies define as nerds.
I hated that from day one. le doppler effect, le flash. we so nerdy "omg girls taking about thor and hulk"
>struggles
What struggles? They never had any struggles beyond being social retards.
>Friends: With Smart People
half the cast in friends was smart. joey and phoebe were the only "dumb" ones
>she was leaving Leonard.
after how many times they married they should just kill themselves.Penny is trash and should just stop pretending she is not a leech.
>Amy
is almost as much of a loser as Sheldon and some people like her so cutting her would help nothing.
>Bernadette
is there a point to here beyond her being possessed by howards mother
>What was funny was watching Leonard drool over but never actually GET Penny.
there is nothing funny about that. also drawn out "will they won't they" shows died ages ago because people have access to more tv and don't have to deal with crap shows spinning their wheels

The best thing for this show is a mercy-killing. But that'll never happen because it's still growing furiously in terms of viewership. And will continue to do so as normies want to reinforce what they think nerds do.

I agree that they're running out of concept though. Even as a relationship comedy, they can press for maybe 3 more seasons.

Financially, they probably couldn't have done any BETTER if they'd taken my approach, but at least they could have gone out with some dignity.

My favourite part.
youtube.com/watch?v=93uk4tLex54

manchildren don't get employment at that level.

>What struggle?
One of the appealing parts of the 4 guys was watching them try to fit in to normie society. Leonard was arguably the most successful one in this regard, but the charm always came from them trying to fit in but always coming a bit short.

This WAS the struggle and it made for humorous situations.

gust cameos did not help
its more like laughing at the disabled. also you are talking about a rollback but how long can you keep that humor going without anyone growing as a character?

Well they do if their smart. And these guys are clearly suppose to be. Most universities don't pass on PhD holders because they don't like their looks or personalities.

They pass on them for equally stupid reasons, which we don't need to get into here, but not THOSE reasons.

BAZOOPA

They could easily have grown as characters. The 4 held up this "getting a girlfriend" as this ultimate pillar of social acceptance, but there were plenty of other things they could have achieved on the way to that pillar.

Let's for example say that the show started off with 4 guys with PhDs looking for a stable job and places to live. We've now set the bar lower, but given more room for character development.

if you are "muh spot" autistic or can't speak around people than they may pass on you. comic shop guys suicidal depression makes me question his ability to run a shop, etc. unlike in friends where you never question where they get the money for a loft, here it kind of sticks into the eye.

>build time machine
>go back in time
>kill everyone that will ever be associated with this steaming pile of shit

and he voted trump.

Haha they will never mercy kill TBBT its makes Simpsons money in reruns and a good chunk of change in merch

Only if Leonard or Sheldon leave the show would they consider canceling it (They could survive the other cast members leaving but they are fucked if those two go)

You know American sitcoms are in a bad way when TBBT is the most successful and considered the best by normies

Stuart is the worse character on the show by a far margin he is all of the negative stereotypes of nerds rolled into one character with no redeeming characteristics

No, honestly based on the interaction they have with Gabelhauser (or whatever the principle's name was) and their co-workers they seem functional in a work-setting. And based on what they talk about from work, they don't sound lazy or stupid, so it makes sense that they would not be in fear of losing said jobs either.

I agree that it would make for an interesting character development moment if one of them got the boot from the university, but it never surprises me that they are employed.

How well researchers at universities are paid, I do not know, so I don't know if their standards of living are realistic though.

>The 4 held up this "getting a girlfriend"
well no shit. Them not fitting it was only from a normie point of view and yes in normie society getting pussy and eventually family is more important than even going to space.
>plenty of other things they could have achieved on the way to that pillar.
like what?
>looking for a stable job and places to live
How do you show that? most viewers would not get anything about jobs of that level and even the usually interview tropes would run out fast. same with looking for a place to live, one of the points of the show is that is done cheap (actors get most of the money) so they need few limited sets. you could have them living in a comic shop for few eps and then maybe getting fired for sleeping in a lab or something but again it runs out fast.

Leonard could probably go. He was the pillar normies could stand on and watch Blazinga's autism from afar.

If Sheldon left however there would be no more monkey in a cage worth the price of admision to come see. It'd be dead in a season.

>all my TEACHERS
>"and now it's my turn to teach you a thing or two
>x Trump

>like what?

Like getting a job, passing interviews, learning to pad resumes, having to develop a fraction of charisma, finding an apartment, expanding their circle of friends and contact, building their careers, going on dates, learning to socialize properly with girls etc etc etc.

There are a million little interactions that could have been funny if presented correctly. Instead the protagonist has a 10/10 blond cheerleader with a large rack at the end of the first season.

>Like getting a job, passing interviews, learning to pad resumes, having to develop a fraction of charisma, finding an apartment, expanding their circle of friends and contact, building their careers, going on dates, learning to socialize properly with girls etc etc etc.
than its not a le nerds show. its "couple of people in their 20s try to start their life." the show. I think there even were few of those "weed lamo" included.
>expanding their circle of friends and contact
>learning to socialize properly
They are anti social losers. in most cases is not something you can learn not to do

I didn't detail the actual interactions between the characters in my little summary because that's where the nerdy side of their personalities would shine. Their nerdy discussions with each other and their nerdy approach to my little list of situations would make for funny scenes.

Hell, even now some of the most memorable scenes from Bazooper is watching him try to interact with the normie world through his autism.

This is where the comedy comes from and this is the appeal.

Personally I think the problems arose when you realized that Penny and Leonard hooking up ment that EVERYONE had to get girlfriends now. They had to cram more useless personality-less fat and bloat into something that barely worked without it.

For fucks sake one of the women's only personality trait is "I have an annoying voice".

>EVERYONE had to get girlfriends now.
They did not have to but it was an easy way to reuse the same plot.+ they have to "grow up" and get pussy, how else would they double date. its not like you are allowed to hang with people who are single in their 40s
>For fucks sake one of the women's only personality trait is "I have an annoying voice".
more like "im just like your disgusting mother"

I completely agree with everything you said user.It used to be good but now I only watch it for the heck of watching it.

Does the actor behind Bernadette make that voice for the show naturally, or does she inhale helium or something?

>Be me in 6th Grade
>Huge fan of Big Bang Theory
>Show is fairly new, only at its 3rd season at this point.
>Fucking love this show
>Taped all the episodes and watch them daily
>Favourite thing to do because I had no friends until High School
>I would get bullied relentless in middle school for being a weird fat kid
>My 12 year old mind thinks I'm getting bullied because I'm super smart not because I'm a huge fag
>Beg my mom to buy me the Flash T-Shirt Sheldon wears
>Learn every quote that Sheldon says
>My logic is Sheldon is smart and weird too and he has friends, so I have been doing things wrong this whole time
>Go to school and starting being Sheldon Cooper
>Say "Bazoinga" every chance I get
>Spout random facts during class at every moment
>Teacher congratulates me for my knowledge
>wow.avi
>I might get friends for the first time
>Recess time
>Just eating a ham sandwich on the park bench and three jocks come up to me
>"Hey Sheldon wanna hang out with us"
>"YESS!"
>Follow these three guys thinking that they're my new friends
>"We got a cool Big Bang fan club behind the trees, we don't want the teachers to know"
>NothingSuspicious.exe
>"Where's the big bang club?"
>"Here faggot!"
>I proceed to get beat up while three boys mock me and say "Bazoinga" over and over again
>Run home
>Tell mom I am just sick
>She asks me about the bruises
>Lie to her and say I fell
>Burn Sheldon t-shirt

There is no "fixing" BBT. It's not funny anymore because they're out of things to do with it.

They have hard-locked it as a relationship comedy because those print out 10 seasons with 0 work or creativity.

Any sense of "trying something different" died when season 1 proved the show a huge success.

How is this not pasta? Did you really type all this up? Here. Have at least one (You).

Penny awoke with a splitting headache. She held her hand to her throbbing skull and groaned. She heard the rattling of chains and realized she was shackled. Wherever she was, it was pitch black and the only sound to be heard was her struggling and ever quickening breathing. She was panicking now. Fumbling through the darkness she felt a tug and
collapsed onto the cold stone floor. "HEEELLPPPPPP!!!!!!" she screamed. No one heard her. In the room above, Sheldon hummed happily to himself as he covered the entrance to the sound proofed room he had built slowly and carefully over the years so not to arouse suspicion. He went into the living room where Leonard was anxiously calling Penny's phone over and over again. He had not heard from her all day and they were supposed to go out tonight. Leonard looked over his shoulder at Sheldon, "I don't know where Penny is! She was supposed to meet me hours ago!" Sheldon stared blankly at his roommate, "I'm sure she'll turn up," he replied to his troubled friend. He laughed internally at the realization that Penny should be awake by now. "By the way," Leonard said to Sheldon as he made his way to the kitchen, "a package came for you." Sheldon picked up the brown box sitting on the counter and smiled. "What is it?" Leonard asked. Sheldon cut the box open and presented a juicer and a large chef's knife. "I'm starting a new diet. Juicing." "Oh, wow, I always wanted to try that," Leonard responded. "I'll share with you, Leonard," Sheldon offered, his inner voice laughed. Soon Leonard would be drinking the blood of his beloved. And he would be none the wiser.

so you got cured? reminds me of
>be me
>be in final grade
>get a first friend after the 3rd grade
>on the way home talk to him about everything from my family to takken
>he tells me I talk too much
>he tells me I should not ware the same pants everyday if I have anything else
>he takes me to bet on football games
>we buy milk
>he tries boxing with me but Im fat and his fast movements just anyone me
>make it to a draw by using brute straight
>still in pain and feeling like he pushed things too far
>finish school and never see him
>no regrets because it was not really working out
>this went better than expected

blood and juice have a distinct taste. Sheldon is no dexter, he is more erratic. how you go from "my gf is missing" to " I want to try that juice"?

Sheldon couldn't wait for the day of the rope as Sup Forums had said, but he couldn't wait any longer, Sheldon invited Raj to go to the Comic con with him, but little did Raj know. Sheldon had other plans, Sheldon drove Raj to a warehouse in a bad part of town and dragged Raj into the warehouse, he tied him down and start to rant about the Jews and how blacks were ruining the white man, then he pulled he SS knife and used it to fuck Raj's hindi ass

A lot of good episode-pitches ITT.

>#MakeBBTGreatAgain

>Sheldon went from being implied to be be a frequent masturbator, to a complete retard when it comes to anything sexual to actually having sex

That's called character development.

Because normies can't relate to them if they stay giant geeks

Sheldon dragged the knife over his chest in a slow horizontal motion. He watched with childlike fascination as the blood trickled down his torso and onto his naked cock. He twitched in arousal at the sight of his red soaked member. Visions flashed in his mind like a slideshow going too fast to make it all out. Still transfixed on the blood pooling down his body, Sheldon could not help wondering what other people's blood would feel like over his naked form. The thought grew and grew, snowballing as it went, and Sheldon instantly knew what he would do next. "Bazinga," he whispered under his breath as he finally looked away from his cock. He stood up, knife in hand, and did what he now knew to be inevitable. He unlocked the door to his room, cracked the door just an inch open, and shouted, "LEONARD!"

No that's called lazy character writing.

>Sheldonpasta

You're forgetting:
>Sheldon has had sex

No, character development would be him going from a frequent masturbator, to eventually having sex. Having him go from how he originally was, to then do a full 180 and make him borderline asexual, to then do another full 180 and suddenly have him having sex is shitty writing.

Needs more Penny feet

noone aside from Ross was smart in Friends. ok maybe Chandler

>Kaley Cuoco
>10/10
Have you never seen a woman before?

Unfixable.

>I could turn that into gold
As a Seinfeld-esque, pitch black comedy with a niche target audience.

With the sort of traditionally ostracised stereotypes being used here, the show was going to go one of two ways - misrepresentation to casualised the characters, or being unwatched by the vast majority.

I'd stop watching it but I've been watching for so long I need to see it end.

This t.bh

plus Melissa Rauch