What do you think about New York City? I’m 37 and seriously thinking about visiting for the first time...

What do you think about New York City? I’m 37 and seriously thinking about visiting for the first time, any good places downtown to eat or drink?

>NYCfags your opinion too

Was last summer, go downtown take a helicopter ride around Manhattan for like USD 180 or whatever it was, totally worth it.

I heat theres an olive garden right there in times square thats pretty choice

What about pizza joints or classy bars? Any recommendations?

you're seriously thinking about it? you're pretty adventurous. be sure to see a broadway and eat at the hard rock

I only know that olive garden becuase everyone loves it

>New York City
>any good places downtown to eat or drink.

That sounds cool.

0/10

Planning to go this spring sometime, hard rock cafe?

If you wanna see statue of liberty theres like 3 levels with tickets, you can get the fist 2 on the stop but getting into like the head at the top need to make reservation way in advance

Sbarro is a great family owned pizza spot the locals love.

Uh yeah unless you like smelly niggers, overpriced transportation and lodging, random obnoxious noises and greasy slices of burnt bread, then it's a great place to visit!

>NYCfags your opinion too
my opinion is you have a thread full of obvious tourist traps (broadway, statue of liberty) and chain restaurants you could dine in anywhere(hard rock, fucking olive garden, etc). shit thread is shit but this is Sup Forums so par for course here. good luck.
>implying I would give you valid reccomendations when larping as a bitter nycer is so much more fun

try harder

My first visit to NYC was in 99 near to Christmas. I was 8 at the time and everything just seemed so huge and glamorous. We stayed at the Plaza and visited my Uncle who lived on the Upper East Side.

Weirdest memory was going to the restaurant at the top of the WTC. Eery now I think about it. It was a very strange time the world was so damn hopeful about the future. We never knew how much we stood to lose.

>broadway
>tourist trap
You utter pleb kys, even nycfags catch a show every now and then

Also everything this faggot said is true. I hate when I have to go up and visit family, so much noise from niggers chimping out I literally was kept awake till 4am. Plus the MTA keeps raising subway ticket costs.

Balthazar is a great restaurant btw.

you havent lost shit, more kids shoot themselves in your country like every month than all terrorist victims combined, your tragedies pale in comparison to the stuff happening elsewhere.

>stayed at the Plaza
>uncle lives in Upper East

fam can I borrow some money?

I'm British user. I wasn't talking about lives lost I was talking about the west in general. How many freedoms and rights we have given up since the millenium and how in our rush to push forward and modernise we threw away many of the things that made our countries safe and prosperous.

Yea so why does it cost $23 fucking dollars for a few eggs and a piece of toast? Jesus fuck

I never said it was fucking cheap.

Agreed.

I hear there's a great menu at Dorsia.

At a reasonable rate of interest maybe...

look up events happening during the time you want to visit and purchase tickets. Do the helicopter tour, top of the rock and if you'd like do the top of WTC. Depending on if you're a fan of the arts, history, or even horticulture there are plenty of places you can see. Just look up whatever kind of stuff you want to see.

I guess the rest of the US are poorfags complaining about the price of a metro card. A 7 day unlimited pass is 32 bucks. Totally worth it and highly recommended.

Don't spend time in midtown. If you want to see it at its peak hours for some reason then only devote like an hour to that. It's a waste of time honestly and there isn't much to see. Go to parks because they're nice.

Instead of seeing congested midtown spend your time seeing true culture of NYC. Go to washington heights and ask some locals where they're fav spot is for food. Head over bed-stuy and see some beautiful brownstones from over a 100 years ago. Jackson heights is one of the most diverse places in the country and you will hear like 40 different languages and dialects being spoken over there. Spend an afternoon in central park.

Lastly, take your time. Breathe. Allow yourself to really absorb the surroundings and appreciate what you're seeing and hearing.

There is no city like NYC

Nobody goes there anymore.

Is that how Paul Allen got a reservation at 8:30 on a Friday night?

Actual good advice? On my Sup Forums ?

>Jackson heights is one of the most diverse places in the country and you will hear like 40 different languages and dialects being spoken over there.

So in other words full of blacks and spics?

Central Park is a great place to play Pokemon Go
I caught my first shiny there

So many places to recommend, where do I even start? The knitting factory in Brooklyn, the MET, little Italy, Broomstick Street? Holy shit.

New York is awesome. Go to Central Park and get ice cream at serendipity 3. Upstairs. With the view. I haven't done that in years. Since the 90's. Holy shit

nyc born and raised and am regularly told i'm a die hard nyer. Plan on moving out soon, but i'll probs come back when i want to start and family and such.
brown people yea. Latin american, asian, indian, africans. it has pretty much everyone, including whites but obvi they won't be the dominant color you see. Food is fantastic there too, really great thai place but the name escapes me

knitting factory really?? bleh

Why are you moving out?

just want to live in different places in the US and am at a good point in my life where I have the flexibility to do that. I went to Uni in DC, which was trash at the time but now that I see what DC has become I'm kinda happy I was there before it got all changed up.

Sounds quite reasonable. It's always good to experience other places. Don't underestimate the value of having roots in a place though.

>I'm kinda happy I was there before it got all changed up.

How so? What's happened to DC?

i know my roots, that's why I said i'll always come back to NYC. I'll die here.

DC just got super gentrified since it was cheap and young white people got tired of buying houses in virginia and commuting into the city. I know I know gentrification happens everywhere and its a good thing at the end of the day. I just really liked the local nigs as fucked out as they were they were pretty kind for absolutely no reason. Especially in the neighborhood I had my house in. There's been a ton of development and while it used to be a ghost town city after a certain time now it's the same shitty city with nothing to do but you have people pushing strollers around and crap like that.

>you have people pushing strollers around and crap like that.

The horror!

Weren't most of those neighbourhoods quite respectable to being with and just got shitty in the 70s? If anything it's a return to form for Washington.

dude i'm so over doofus 30 somethings with their cunt kids and cunt lives. i preferred the barren wasteland over the barren wasteland sprinkled with &pizza's and mouthbreathers

>lol fuck these people and their happy normal lives, everyone should just be a nihilistic ass hole like me and it would be better if we lived in a post apocalyptic wasteland because it would be more "real"

Been watching Rick and Morty a little too much have we?

yeah its alright

No, I've never heard of any good places to eat or drink in NYC.