Lee Haskins vs Ryan Burnett

>Saturday June 17th - HBO US Sky Sports UK
Andre Ward vs Sergey Kovalev
Guillermo Rigondeaux vs Moises Flores

>Friday June 30th - Bounce US
Robert Easter Jr vs Denis Shafikov

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymotion.com/video/x5o538c_kell-brook-vs-errol-spence-jr-full-fight_sport
reddit.com/r/Boxing/comments/6dqg7o/post_fight_thread_kell_brook_vs_errol_spence_jr/di4qbn9/
youtube.com/watch?v=nVq9N77grc8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for Kodak

Not a quitter

You guys watching Siri Salido fight tonight? Or are you a bunch of Memechenko nut huggers

Salido is /box/-approved

2 bongs I think

Those Nips sure are getting their jollies in.

What the fuck happened, seriously

Is Kovalev /ourguy/ ?

no

Opinions on Marcos Maidana?

is kell's left eye socket broken?

Just finished the fight. Poor Brook.

>Errol Spence is better than GGG because he dropped brook, which GGG didn't manage to do

What the fuck is wrong with black people?

Fuck boxing forums.

Anybody here actually train? I'm trying to find a boxing gym in NC but I'm not having any luck. It's all fitness boxing classes everywhere I look.

top kek, look how fat GGG is, what a pig

Does anyone have that one image for black boxers?

if any of you fags have Bein Sports, Salido's fight is about to start

>visible abs
>fat

I have a signed boxing glove from Kell Brook, won it in a raffle. I had my boxing gym mates sign it too, most of them didn't want to sign it. They didn't feel worthy to sign a glove with a world champs sig on it. I said it wasn't a collectible it was a memory of how hard everyone worked and their goals. I keep it in a safe to this day, could have sold it untainted for 500 bucks to someone interested.

I'll never be a pro boxer ever since life went down the shitter but just wanted to share that. special K is a cool guy. Hope he comes back to be a super champ.

damn, what a fucking fight between Salido and this colombian boxer

Salido wins on a TKO after 7 rounds. pretty entertaining fight tbqh

>Hope he comes back to be a super champ.
Vs Thurman
>He's out on an injury. No telling how he performs once he comes back.
Spence rematch
>He kicked this can down the road for a reason. No point walking back into the meat grinder.
Vs Pacman
>Manny is fighting faded, shopworn former title holders and literal who's. No way is he getting in there with a guy who might outweigh him by a cool 20lbs on fight night.
Move up to 154
>He might win a vacant title there but he needs to stay clear of anyone with a belt

exciting fighter that was ruined by money

Is there a torrent for Spence vs Brook?

Not torrent, but.
dailymotion.com/video/x5o538c_kell-brook-vs-errol-spence-jr-full-fight_sport

reddit.com/r/Boxing/comments/6dqg7o/post_fight_thread_kell_brook_vs_errol_spence_jr/di4qbn9/

You are Kell Brook. You have just been stabbed on a Spanish island and need to rebuild your career.

Do you:

>a: Unify the World titles with Jessie Vargas, then defeat Diego Chavez, both from the comfort of your Sheffield hometown

Or

>b: Fight the best Middleweight on the planet and get KO'd for the privilege, then killing yourself to Welterweight against one of the best body punchers in the sport

>Not knowing it's all about the money and the miles

Gain height
Get a clue
Hit the showers
Have sex

Brook made something like $7 million from those two fights. You are absolutely right that he could still have a belt if he'd fought weaker opposition, but the way his last two matches were made maxed out the amount of money he could make from his title reign. I honestly think he was managed extremely well.

It was clearly about more than just the money though. Spence was a very hard fight for not a no-name in the UK. There were easier options to make similar money available Kell didn't take so he was at least somewhat concerned about his legacy. Which makes it all the more hard to have sympathy with him that he pissed away the best years of his career fighting bums then ruined himself fighting the best middleweight in the world. A bit of a letdown his career really considering how talented he is/was.

kek, Carl is such a subtly cheeky cunt. Even when it's Groves' big crowning moment he still manages to find a way to make the commentary be about him. Amazing.

youtube.com/watch?v=nVq9N77grc8

lmao why are they all so obnoxious in victory? I don't think anyone really begrudges Spence his win he was very good. Not everything has to be some massive war you've won against an oppressor.

Know I shouldn't read Dontae's comment section really but I can never help myself.

Eight points is an okay thai boxing gym, that's about all I know in north carolina

/box/ seems to be getting bigger every week. tell me user, in what way have you contributed to the uprising of /box/?

How do you guys see brook's career from now on? Will he get others big fight?
I wouldnt be surprised if in a year and a half or two he gets to fight pacquiao, manny will want to cash out and now that kell has two surgically repaired eyes I can see him taking that fight considering it will sell huge in the uk

>"F-Froch ruined Groves"
>"H-his killer instinct has gone after Gutknecht"

Honestly I think he's basically done. His heart isn't really in boxing he just happens to be very good at it, won't be long before he retires to a nice life of bumming twinks out of the private eye.

Khan at a catchweight or something still isn't out of the question though. Just that nobody will care anymore because it's a quitter and a shitter who hates the UK fighting one another. They should have bitten Khan's hand off for that fight instead of Spence even at 70/30. Nobody would have thought twice about it since it's a much bigger fight and he'd still have a reputation.

it was just yesterday
was completely dead until saturday evening

He looked pretty bad last night, no movement off the pivot like he used to have pre-Froch. Wouldn't back him to beat DeGale on that performance, though it could be that finally winning will take a lot of pressure off his shoulders and he'll go back to fighting more like he used to now.

We've gained a decent meme country now that that Maltese guy seems to be coming here every now and again though.

Wonder if he's any of these guys or at least knows any of them, bound to really given they have about 5 people there. That Zinad kid looked very good the other day too.

ah yes the lone german flag in a sea of gbr f& usa flags. thank you for your contributions. youre keeping the afghan bro meme alive on \sp\

how can this man always make such shit predictions?

>tfw Kell cucked me out of my prediction by quitting

Still claiming the body shot knockdown part since it was a body shot that took his legs away. He was already on the way down by the time the headshot that came after was thrown.

>tfw Crawford vs Manny and Spence vs Thurman are basically LOCKS for next year
>Crawford vs Spence for all the belts only a couple of years away potentially

Right up there with Garcia Loma and Canelo GGG that one.

haha cheers man, but I got some new enemies after some comments I made

With the added reservation that there's still a chance Crawford could look a lot less dominant at 147 of course. Uses his size a lot at 140.

That was all casuals who don't normally come here lad, most of us wouldn't respond that way to one of your routine whining sessions lel. You should have known better.

Have to say I think it's been lost in the weeds a bit that the fight genuinely lived up to its billing. Spent a good few rounds near the beginning just sitting back and admiring how elite what I was watching was. Compared to the rest of the card and the fights we get on tv normally it was almost like a different sport, such high level technique from both. Brilliant to watch and had me gripped the whole way through even if the guy I was rooting for lost.

More of this please Eddie, don't regret buying it in the end even if the undercard before Groves was probably the worst you've ever put on a PPV. Truly dire.

What did this particular boxing organization mean by this?

What do they ever mean by anything Tbh, awful organisation

I swear I always miss the big cards because I'm retarded. How was it, lads? Thought Spence would take it but not by KO.

I wonder if Jeff Fenech is popular over there.

Allen and Cox were dogshit, all 3 of Hearn's prospects should have been DQed, Groves vs Chudinov was low quality but entertaining and it was great seeing how much winning meant to him. Brook vs Spence was properly elite and was pretty good even over the first 8 rounds, Spence took over after that and it was only going one way. Bit of an anticlimactic ending since book took a knee and quit.

8.5/10 card if you only count the 2 top fights. Probably a 4/10 if you count everything.

I can't make memes for shit, I've failed with attempts to force a dozen or so memes on Sup Forums and none of them worked, but on /box/ I'm incredible.

I'm responsible for:
>TOO BIG TOO STRONG spamming
>Floydposting (along with Polishbro going way back 2 years now)
>that Andre Ward smacks lips copypasta
>Dwyerposting

Trying to force a hot new meme atm but it's not picking up

I take it you're also the person who makes the threads for the most part these days?

Truth be told, I've never actually seen Chudinov fight before so I didn't really have much interest that bout. Good to see Groves get a win, though.

For the Brook vs Spence fight I felt Brook might've taken the first part of the fight and Spence the latter half but really didn't think he'd have enough in him to get a stoppage. Apparently it was Brooks eye? Might be permanently damaged from the Golovkin bout.

It was the other eye this time.

It was the other eye actually, but you could see needing surgery after GGG in his last fight affected him mentally quite a bit, he wanted no part of running that risk again. Hope his story convinces a few other people that putting yourself in with a monster from 2 divisions above for an easy payday is a fucking stupid idea.

That's really a shame.
Did it look as severe as the Golovkin injury?

Nope didn't look as bad, but Eddie still said he went to the hospital and will need surgery again, so I guess he has nome pretty fragile eyesockets.

Well, he did also choose 2 of the hardest punchers in all of boxing to go in with back to back in fairness

the dwyerposting is top notch. always outta nowhere.
would you believe me if i told you i was the creator of S L I C C?
that being said, ive failed trying to force eubank memes. theyre there for the taking/making but i just cant do anything with it...maybe focus less on sr and more on jr being on the spectrum

do eye socket injuries have anything to do with genetics? golovkin broke brooks right eye socket with a weak reaching jab. maybe theres too much of an opening. maybe those with slayer type facial features (high aggressive cheekbones, small sharp eyes, strong protruding brow) would have more natural protection & be less susceptible to eye damage

Yes I'm opretty sure it has to do with genetics, all taht r9k nonsense I can't agree with as I think that there are plenty of boxers more attractive than brook that don't get eye injuries, I'm a dude and straight though, so I might be wrong.

No genetics. When you suck that many dongs over a lifetime and generally get your head manhandled by big burly gays you're bound to get some weakening there.

>plenty of boxers more attractive than brook that dont get eye injuries

did you mean 'do' joao?

what? sorry if I'm retarded but I don't understand what you mean.

No, I can't understand him either.

Brook is done, he won't come back.
Groves is /our/ man now.

Why Groves? Frampton, AJ, Selby, Yafai and Saunders have done enough to suggest they could have future elite level performances in them of the Brits. Groves didn't look particularly good night, he'll lose to DeGale in his next fight barring a major turnaround.

So far as the welters go I'm able to be all aboard the Spence hype train now. He's my guy fully now.

Amazing how of Britains 8 real world champions (not WBA Regular) only 3 of them in Yafai, Haskins & AJ are with the supposed all powerful UK promoter Matchroom. Groves, Selby, Flanagan, DeGale and Saunders all doing their own thing.

lets start from scratch
>brook has suffered two broken eye sockets. one from a weak punch
>i suggest its because of how his face is shaped (genetics)
>i suggest that those with sharper features: cheekbones, smaller eyes & protruding brows would be less susceptible to kell type injuries
i dont know if you agree with me or not.

I think it has nothing to do with faqcial features, but to do with genetics.

Groves looked nervous as shit and fought like he had an adrenaline dumb or something - good on him for turning it around but if I'm a top MW I'm not exactly quaking in my boots

*adrenaline DUMP

>Supporting someone not from your country

he was really nice about George to be fair, seemed over the moon for him

I don't know about you, but I don't support boxers purely on boxing ability, and Groves is a pretty nice guy.

It also makes his two wins over him even greater I suppose.

that too

oh ok fair enough. i just think kells eyes are too round and open. for instance it'd be much harder to break canelo's eye sockets on facial features alone imo

Don't really "support" any boxers, just have ones I like to watch and see do well because of it. Spence is the best to watch of the top level welterweights now Manny is basically done, including Crawford so yeah I'd like to see him fulfil what it looks like he's capable of.

True enough, he's a really good lad. Would love it if he could prove me wrong and prove himself as the clear best in the division now (weak division so he has every chance) but I just don't know.

Disgusting.

Don't get me wrong if he fights another Brit that would be another thing. But he won't any time soon and I'm not going to just ignore what promises to be potentially the most interesting division in the sport over the next couple of years. Got to want someone to win there.

Frochposting

I wouldn't say he was ruined by money. If you read Angel Garcia talk about Maidana, he was a guy who didn't really like boxing in the first place but was just really good at it and was trying to make a living. He made enough money to live like a king in his Homeland, which is what he does now a days. Like, he didn't even know who Adrien Broner was supposedly.
I would have liked to see him and Matthysee go at t once though.

Sorry this was for you.

If anyone cares, Anselmo Moreno had his career ended by Julio Ceja in a WBC super bantamweight eliminator.

I was shit posting about Orlando Salido with the Angry gay German Afghan dude months ago. My training has gotten more serious which is why I don't post as much anymore though. I had my first amatuer bout yesterday actually, and lost unfortunately, but I held my own, and I'm ready to get right back in the gym Monday.

You mean Robert Garcia?

They fought in the amateurs, supposedly.
I feel Matthyesse would be too much of a boxer for him/

Hey bro, I hope you are still lurking. Near Fuquay Varina, there is a spot called Simmons Boxing gym that is a legit spot. My gym from Ft Lauderdale drove up there to get some sparring in with them boys.

Do you know who LilFuture is? If you don't look him up. He's a half decent, young fighter. The trainers son at Simmons boxing gym beat LilFuture IN Philadelphia. That kid was over 100 fights under his belt. They have a couple dudes who train there with 50+ amatuer bout. Check it out. If you give me a bit of time ill find the address because I know it's not on Google for whatever reason.

Reminder that Khan has never bitched out and quit in a fight

Reminder that Khan would never even THINK of bitching out and quitting twice in a row

Reminder that Khan has faced 11 former, current or future world champions and beaten 8 of them whereas Brook has faced 4 and only won 2

Reminder that Khan has DOMINATED top world level fighters

Reminder that literally E V E R Y single Amir Khan fight is brilliant to watch because of his style and suspect chin

Remind me how in the FUCK quitter Kell can even compete?

Yea Robert, my bad. Mikey's brother not Danny's dad.

Maidana was a fucking savage though, bad Matthysee is not that good of a boxer to outbox him him is also a slugger. Maidana beat him the amatuers.

Reminder that you complained about Selby saying Japanese judging was shit yesterday and now are posting about someone who had his career ruined by bad Japanese judging.

if Khan didn't get obliterated and KO'd every time he took a good punch maybe we'd see how much heart he has

He outboxed Provodnikov quite easily. Not that Provo is quite the boxer that Maidana is but it shows that Lucas can modify his style to suit the fighter he's facing.