What instrument(s) does Sup Forums play?

what instrument(s) does Sup Forums play?

Other urls found in this thread:

earlymusicshop.com/Browse.aspx/en-GB/store24_arrangement166/1/
vocaroo.com/i/s0W1QjWfNB1N
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

top left

the skin flute

>implying these are the only two instruments

Guitar
Bass
Percussion
Piano
Multiple brass
Multiple woodwind
Harmonica
Violin
Cello

I play acoustic guitar and sing.
I want to get into keyboard, harmonium, hurdy gurdy, brass instruments, woodwind, percussion and trad folk instruments though.
How rewarding has been learning the harmonica for you?

the drums!

best?

Best...bass probably. I'm rusty in a few but given time to polish up, then it could be debatable.

trumpet, mostly jazz themed

La Violino

Bass guitar, keyboards, guitar, mandolin, lute, upright bass, banjo, cello, clarinet, recorder, little bit of drums too. Mostly a bass player though.

Guitar, bass guitar, drums, keyboards/piano

Why does no one mention this?

How did you get into lute?
Where I live it's pretty much impossible to buy them.

You have that one?
I've been considering one but idk if I'm going to get mercury poisoning from the ones that look like that that are sold on ebay.

I started playing abridged, simplified versions of solo lute music on mandolin for school early last year, because for each term you had to pick a few musical topics from a list to study. One of them was renaissance music, so I chose that because it would be refreshing and different. I really got into early music and wanted a lute. I went on a holiday in January this year to London and went to a music shop that had a lute, but it was out of stock. They directed me to a music shop only a block away called the Early Music shop. I went there, chose the lute I wanted. Instead of taking it there, I had it shipped back to my house in Australia, since we were going on a tour of Europe afterwards and I din't want to carry it around on planes and stuff. Here is the website:
earlymusicshop.com/Browse.aspx/en-GB/store24_arrangement166/1/

Mine is an 8 course Hieber lute and it's very good, I would recommend buying a lute from this place. Just know that it's a very time-consuming instrument to play and it really need's to be taken seriously.

Oh dude I live in australia too.
Do you have a proper recorder?
Where do you buy more niche instruments here?
What's the string maintenance like on the lute?
Anything that's a pain about the actual instrument?

Hardest thing I've tried to learn

I just have two ivory recorders, one alto and one soprano. I'd like to get wood ones because they sound nicer but they are also expensive. With regards to niche instruments, I got that mandolin (acoustic-electric) from a yard sale in Broken Hill (which used to be my home town before I moved to Adelaide in February), got the banjo from Harrison Music is Adelaide, my mum bought me an accordion from some small music shop in Melbourne (I wasn't there so I don't know the details), got the recorders from Allans Music in Adelaide, got a melodica from some place in Mildura, got a plastic ocarina from a Game Traders in mildura, and I got an traditional Chinese woodwind instrument called a hulusi from my mum after she went on holiday to China. I only rented the upright bass for a year when I played in an orchestra, after that I just played the one that my school owned. I rented the clarinet from school too. I never owned a cello, I just played it at school for a few concerts. The strings on the lute are fine, easy to play. I haven't had to re-string it yet, but it's actually a pretty simple process, it's just like re-stringing a classical guitar. Although you can't take all the strings off at once and then replace them, you have to take one string off, then replace it, then do the same one-by-one for each string. Also the frets are movable, made from nylon or gut string. They are on pretty tight, but sometimes you can accidentally move them while playing. It's something you stop doing after a while though. Also the frets themselves need to be re-stung too, but not a often as the playing strings. Also holding the lute is bit weird, but you get used to it.

You can get plastic ocarinas that sound and play pretty good, I've had one for years and no mercury poisoning yet.

Guitar drums and bass
I won some medals for singing tenor in choir back in middle school but I don't really sing unless I am playing guitar/bass

trombone, piano, and accordion (my main) which I often accompany with different pedaled drums

Learning the guitar, sometimes I mess around on a harmonica

I was going to play the bass guitar but decided to play electric instead. Bass is boring.

Bass is only boring if you're a shit player

What do they look like?
lol you've been everywhere.
And fuck user I've been wanting to get a hulusi for years, it's just like 2 drone pipes right? How difficult would you say they are to get a note/play?
Appreciate the help

The smoke detector

Is it difficult to master?

Unless they're jamming with a drummer, watching a bass player alone is like watching an accountant.

I suck really hard.

See pic for ocarina.
The hulusi has two drone pies and a melody pipe. You can put litle plugs into the drone pipes though if you don't want to use them, that's what I do. Playing a note takes a bit of effort, you really have to blow pretty hard otherwise every note makes a low wonky sound if you don't blow hard enough. The fingering is very easy though, plus you can get some nice bends in there. Lower notes sort of have a melodica-sound while the high notes are closer to a clarinet. Here's a recording of me playing it:
vocaroo.com/i/s0W1QjWfNB1N

cello boy

trumpet and piano

Oh wow I like the tone.
Hmm another instrument I'm probably going to buy and throw away in frustration after a month lol.

Before buying one you should take into consideration that it has a fairly limited range; D3-G4. Plus it's only in G minor (minus the 6ths) and accidentals are a bit tricky to play. I received mine more just as a gift rather than a serious instrument.

bump

Saxophone! Classical sax solos are my favorite to play.

any keyboards
I don't need anything else really, this is how useful this skill is

Piano
Synths
Guitar (uke, bass)

I play the launchpad. A modern instrument for modern music

Wow that looks fun.
What do you mainly use yours for?

I have an alto saxophone and I'm starting to improvise some shit with a classic jazz quartet. I also play the bariton sax in a simphonic band. I also did 2 years of piano and i got overwhelmed by my studies back then and gave up, but i want to start learning it again.

Dabbled in a lot of different instruments but the only one I've been formally trained in is upright bass

Fucking incredible instrument

Amen to this. I mostly play electric bass but i'd love to go back and play upright again, unfortunately all the good upright basses are expensive as hell. The only ones people like me can afford are low-quality models with bad tuners, string buzz, cheap bows, and overall weak tone. Rock on man.

Bass (primary)
Guitar
Drums
Synths
Kazoo

Cello
Drums
Bass
Guitar
Singing, if that counts
Learning flute