If you are already imprisoned for life, what would be your punishment if you commit a murder in prison...

If you are already imprisoned for life, what would be your punishment if you commit a murder in prison? Assuming that the death penalty isn't legal where you live, how can you be further punished than you already are.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.co.uk/skinny-burn-bang-up-journey-prison/dp/1520698348
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Administrative segregation.

23 hour lock down, no contact of any kind. People often go insane.

well to be fair if you have reached that level you are probably already insane

Prison can be a pretty ok place, or a less ok place. My guess is they'd make it less ok for you. Remove some freedoms

is that prison the one in joliet illinois in op picture ?

Death penalty.

They'll take away what little privileges you have, and if you keep fucking around they send you to a higher security place with even less privileges, where the other highly dangerous inmates are.

Yup the only 19th century styled super max left in the states.

Watch this movie so you get an idea

This movie was fucking flame, my nigga Vince played a great Character compared to his other films. Although I feel this movie doesn't represent the incarceration scenario accurately.

I think I have solution to prison problem but i need to know how much it costs to house a inamate for life in prison? assuming he is 30 years old so for 60 years he locked up.

If you figure were talking about the US it differs from state to state. But the average cost to house a prisoner for life who's not on the death penalty is $400 million and $2.6 billion for death penalty.

So what's your plan guy?

my family lives comfortably and no one in it will make close to 400 million in a lifetime. how do you figure those numbers ?

And 2.6billion to kill a guy you're joking right

New York being the most expensive in 2010 was estimated 60k per person per year

Which would give us 1.8m per person(imprisoned for 30years) but the cost of housing is likely to increase over time with inflation

>Humans are social beings, even if you're anti social or asocial. Removing human interaction from a person is a punishment, however, it is mentally damaging and can be debated as cruel and unusual punishment.

If someone were imprisoned from 2010 to 2040(in new york) assuming a 3% increase of cost per year it would cost just of 3m for that person

The western justice system is extremely flawed. It is my opinion that it needs to be disassembled and rebuilt in an entirely different way. Most people in prison dont really need to be there. Im talking about petty theft, fraud, drug related offenses, basically non-violent crimes. Additionally, prisons give too much power to inmates allowing them to group together causing racial tension and untimately violence within the walls. Remember, just because a person is in prison, doesnt mean their lives are not valuable. So society really needs to stop treating inmates as if they are a lost cause. People are more likely to commit a crime if you treat them like a criminal. This is due to the human need of acceptance. Birds of feather flock together. Psychology needs to take on a more active and serious role in the justice system to increase the success of rehabilitation. Capital punishment doesn't solve anything. Crimes don't start in prison, they start in the homes and in the relationships were brought up in.

I'm still wanting to know this fuckers ideas

how many murders to end up in a hannibal lecter state cell?

amazon.co.uk/skinny-burn-bang-up-journey-prison/dp/1520698348

is a pretty goood read of the UK system