This was the best World Cup of all time. You cannot prove me wrong

This was the best World Cup of all time. You cannot prove me wrong.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=30rSHY9aFBI
youtube.com/watch?v=qFjke_ahBYY
youtube.com/watch?v=-M605p5Fm1g
youtube.com/watch?v=tXIhzGNkm-8
youtube.com/watch?v=wn_oYeugGiw
youtube.com/watch?v=jasUK3D9cYY
m.oglobo.globo.com/esportes/memorias-do-carnaval-suico-da-selecao-brasileira-em-weggis-7861195
twitter.com/AnonBabble

t. Marco Materazzi

>golden generation reach the quarters
>rooney sent off
>lose on penalties

Sounds about right

>tied for most goals in a WC ever (tied with 1998)
>7-1
>Europe winning a WC in South America for the first time
>very few scoreless games
>very few games decided on penalty kicks
>traditional powerhouses like Italy and France no longer dominating
>based Germany
>no fucking vuvuzelas

Pic related is best answer desu

2014 was pretty good. Yes, even with the 7-1. I mean, seriously, after the fifth goal I wasn't even angry, I was just laughing, and since then it's been the source of even more laughs since everyone mocks, ourselves included. And the final was suitably thrilling, too.

It didn't have pic related, though.

>lahm was seen as a young promise
>he is no longer a footballer
I can't keep with this lads

2014 had a great group stage

>tfw I will die soon enough

This nightmare's almost over la.

>Lahm retired before Zé Roberto

USA 94

The only thing people remember from that one is Baggio's missed penalty, so no.

And Leonardo elbow to a Burger player
youtube.com/watch?v=30rSHY9aFBI

And thomas ravelli le funny running

>those American commentators
God fucking damn it.

Agreed.

>You now remember the fonte dos gols

this was actually one of the worst, had the least amount of goals in a WC if I remember correctly

Personally I remember it for the infamous Escobar own goal though (the one he was killed for shortly after the WC, made for a great ESPN 30 for 30)

youtube.com/watch?v=qFjke_ahBYY

if germany won yeah

>golden generation
>Rooney

fucker retired too early

It was the last world cup that mattered

I don't know what the fuck happened after, but between 2006 and 2010 a bunch of fucking dirty oil money started flying everywhere, mercenaries on all teams, and FIFA decided to take this shit to Africa.

>quality is directly tied to how many goals there were
U S A
U S A
U S A

>implying every 0-0 draw is a masterclass in defending
stop

Not so fast

I BELIEVE

was pretty good, but 2002 had the most drama and 2014 was pretty fun, outside of the final

2010 was easily the most fun.

Probably won't see another WC in Africa for a long time though.

Fuck I can't wait for the next WC.

Will probably be Messi and Ronaldo's last one.

2014 was trash.

World Cup 98 you fucking young fag

>and FIFA decided to take this shit to Africa.
Its a WORLD cup you dip

The only thing memorable about the 2014 WC was the 7-1.

When the host nation getting battered is the most memorable thing, you know it's a dead WC.

>forgetting NO ERA PENAL already

>Forgetting the Costa Rica meme run

whats that

There were some memorable things from the group stage:

>Spain losing 5-2 to Netherlands and every meme that match spawned
>Gerrard assisting Suarez
>1 (one) point
>Rooney's mythological corner-kick
>USA making it past the group of death

THICCCCCCC

We lost the final

youtube.com/watch?v=-M605p5Fm1g

Newfags please go and stay go

How do you go from a great WC of 2006 to the shitWC of 2010?

I mean my opinion might be biased because it was the most desastrous times of the history of our NT
But overall it seemed pretty shit, with Spain and there shitty tikitaka scoring like 7 goals overall to win the whole thing and the fucking vuvuzelas

3 carat gold is still gold

>most desastrous times of the history of our NT

>2002

this is supposed to be funny.

sigh.

>Lampard's disallowed goal
>Zidane's headbutt
>based Trinidad and Tobago
>England made it to quarter finals

pretty good

Lampard's disallowed goal and getting rekt by Germany was in 2010.

2006 was the Cup that made me really love SOCCER

>2010 was easily the most fun.
It was boring. I remember the music more than I remember the actual competition.

>tfw get excited for next world cup remembering that there's only one more year to go
>then remember that i've done absolutely nothing with my life since 2014

see you in 2022

Trustworthy macaco slaves completely overshadowed what was our worst beating in major tournaments.

I agree.

The best promoted one, that's for sure. Germany as host country helped a lot too. Great kits and stuff.

It was the last World Cup with real great players in every country.

>france 98 was 24 years ago
JUST

1998 was voted best world cup official decision by messi and faustino asprilla

That brazil team was fucking ridiculous.

but in all honesty a great world cup. prime ronaldo, birth of meme zidane, bergkamp's incredible goal, thuram's two semi final goals, beckham and simeone + michael owen

I agree
youtube.com/watch?v=tXIhzGNkm-8

It's a shame they hadn't the eager to win. I mean, Ronaldo was already past it (Nike needed him as a starter to reach the record and to promote the #9 thing, and he was too famous to be benched. Robinho was actually playing better tham him by that time.); Adriano was already fucked up in the head and fat; Ronaldinho never left Barcelona after the UCL final, his mindset was focused on partying as hard as he could; Kaká unlucky, always injured in WCs; Cafú was playing to reach records and because muh captain (Cicinho should've been our starter RB); Roberto Carlos in whatever mode and the list go on for some other players.

2002 was great for us but literally cursed our team for 2006.

OOOHHHHH EHHHH EHHH EHHH OHHH

You all still miss ''OHH EHHH AHH''.

Lukas Podolski won best young player at the 2006 world cup.

WORLD CUPS ON MY LIFETIME POWER RANKINGS

1. 2014 (and not because we won it)
2. 1998
3. 2006
4. 2002

9001. 2010

2010 really sucked. And I'd rate 2014 as the best (even with, or rather because of the 7-1) but the Zidane headbutt is, for me, one of the most unforgettable moments in a World Cup.

I just wanna keep calling your name

>First world cup I ever watched. Semi->Finals being played while I'm visiting family
>Being 9 years old and having to explain off sides and how goalies can use their hands to my retarded Arkansas family.
Good Memories

I remember they were trashing everyone at the confederation cup. It's almost like the world cup came a year too late for them.

Same thing happened in 2014. In the 2013 Confederations Cup they did pretty good (Fred even played well!) only to get to the World Cup a year later, struggle in supposed-to-be-easy matches and, as soon as they face a strong side, get thrashed seven-fucking-one.

The era between 92-94 was absolute GOAT. Everything went downhill afterwards.

Also it doesn't help that Zidane played maybe the best game of his life against you guys that year.

I'm sure you'd prefer 2010 since you had Suarez cheating to help you guys win

That match was one of the biggest disgraces of all time, Ghana would've won otherwise

youtube.com/watch?v=wn_oYeugGiw

So who here thinks they will finally be forced to strip the world cup from Qatar and the US is gonna be asked to swoop in a host the world cup.with just 3 months to prepare? I mean we could fucking do it but shit man.

You cheat everytime you commit a foul then.

Knockout rounds were shit

I don't see it as cheating more as calculated risk. He got the appropriate punishment for it with the red card and missijg the next match. Now if you want to talk about how fouls of that magnitude change the game you could say maybe Uruguay has to pay a fine TO Ghana. Its the same as a professional foul as a defender on a break away, theres a pretty good.chance youll get a red (rightfully so) but its a tool in the game with calculated risk. Also don't take this as me defending Suarez he is a rat piece of shit.

>commits a foul and gets a red card + penalty
>cheating
???

and based Bolivia
and Andrés Escobar's murder
and trading cards for teams that didn't even qualify, like England

I wish there had been Internet and Sup Forums in '94.

My ranking:

1. 2006
2. 2002
3. 2014
9001. 2010

Can't remember 94 and 98, was too young

Lol there was internet in 94' just not in Urup. Based Americans just kept it for ourselves before all the dirty brownies got on.

This guy gets it

t. Ricardo Boateng
youtube.com/watch?v=jasUK3D9cYY

Easier for England to get 2022, to be honest. Even Sepp Blatter said England could host a World Cup on a moment's notice.

My Rankings
1. 1930 USA Golden Era Semi-Final
2. 2014
3. 2002 USA gets fucked by Germans with handball in Semis
9001. 2010 vuvus and USA vs Ref.

2014 because we helped tsunaldo and co. fail to qualify for the round of 16 LOL
>that feeling of ecstasy when dempsey scored with his preferred left ballsack in that portugal match
>that feeling of rage when bradshit caused us to concede at the last moment

>1. 1930 USA Golden Era Semi-Final
lmao, soccer was a non-sport then

So many bad matches

The problem is if Russia counts as European they made it where the same continent can't host the world cup within 2 world cups. South America cant host it because they want it for Uruguay in 2030 for the 100th anniversary. So leaves NA, shithole Asia and Antartica.

>you now remember Higuain missed that early sitter that was practically gifted to him by a colossal fuckup of a back pass by Kroos

>tfw you will never hug a fluffy Footix

Lol in a interview Kroos said "good thing he shot for the corner flag" they changed the subtitles on purpose to kind of not make him seem like a dick but best fucking thing ever.

'98 world cup was, without a doubt, the best
>Prime Ronaldo Nazario
>Croatia the surprise team of the tournament
>Zidane becoming a national hero
>First world cup with 32 teams
>The official song
>That Bergkamp goal
>Michael Owen bursting onto the scene
>The Romanian team bleaching their hair
I can keep going. God damn, my first world cup, is also still my favorite.

No way, FIFA is too corrupt

Our line-up for Confederations Cup (more like Curse Cup) was quite better (minus Roque Junior) than the one for World Cup. Plus Adriano on fucking fire, Robinho as a good partner, Ronaldinho at his best. Jesus... If only the World Cup was in 2005.

Our preparation for the World Cup was a literal shitshow. CBF unironically sold tickets for 15k people in Weggis watch the players running around the pitch, doing the "exercises"

m.oglobo.globo.com/esportes/memorias-do-carnaval-suico-da-selecao-brasileira-em-weggis-7861195

He couldn't remain onside in the one he did score, what a useless twat

That's not cheating, m8. Henry and Maradona handball were.

BERGKAMP BERGKAMP BERGKAMP DENNISBERGKAMPDENNISBERGKAMP DENNISBERGGKAMPDENNISBERGKAMP

wtf m8?

well, it was somehow hillarious because of all the fucking assholes who decided to make the NT a fucking joke on the biggest world stage, but if you're talking about the actual level of the team, there was much more disastrous times during the 60's, 70's or 90's

remember when they didn't even qualify for the 94 WC because they lost their last 2 games at home against fucking Israel and Bulgaria while they only needed 1 draw?

though, all in all, those result were what triggered the rebuilding of the team that led to 1998, so I guess I'll take it

>3 carat gold

more lire pyrite, I'd say

You're correct, I can't prove you wrong.

94 was the best desu