Hey B

Hey B.
I just bought a dirty cheap external HDD.

It's full of pictures, but everything is encrypted.
The files extension is .encrypted.

Do you guys have any ideas how to decrypt them or is it near impossible?

Other urls found in this thread:

sleuthkit.org/autopsy/
lifewire.com/encrypted-file-2621052
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I fart and burp all the time. I seem to have gas constantly and I release it in some form approximately every 5 minutes. Apparently I do it in my sleep too.

If I'm on my own, surrounded by family or friends, I fart loudly without any attempt to conceal it. If I'm in public I still fart and burp but quieter. Even in work and in meetings I fart but I just do it quieter. They almost never smell, and even if they do its pretty mild and passes quickly.

There are only very rare circumstances in which I'll hold it in, the conditions have to meet all of the following criteria:

> I have eaten spicy food or drank lots of beer the night before
> I have farted a few times already and they fucking stink
>I'm in a social environment with people I'm not totally comfortable with

Thanks for the weird reply.

I'd go with near impossible.
However...
Search for programs, and particularly ransomware, that may drop a .encrypted extension. That would give you insight into if the files are recoverable through some sort of flaw. In the case of ransomware there may be a decryptor available. But there may be too many possibilities to reasonably try.

Yeah ok, I'll just format it then.
Thanks for the reply.

Before you do, run a data recovery program against it, they may have deleted the originals after encrypting but there may still be leftovers that weren't overwritten, unless they securely deleted the files.

Worth a shot

I'm not doing your homework for you faggit

I don't know if it's possible to decrypt but image the external HDD immediatelly with Autopsy

sleuthkit.org/autopsy/

Already tried with a recovery program. Everything is . encrypted.
Thanks for the reply anyway

KEK, this may be infected with malware
maybe not

lifewire.com/encrypted-file-2621052

try to rename change the extension ".encrypted" to ".JPG" or ".PNG"

without knowing how they were encrypted your basically fucked.

you mean you stole a hard drive and you want someone to teach you how to crack it

u dumb dumb, that won't change the binary data of the file if it's encrypted changing the extension will do nothing. You'll just get scrambled data without the key you mong

"Bought".

Yeah, riiight...

pretty much this. If you found files on a HDD you bought, you'd just overwrite them. Guaranteed they are useless, and seeing as you bought the drive for storage, the last thing you want in your burger king burger is someone else's foot fungus

this MAY work, mong, maybe not

give it back tyrone

>MAY work you mong
no u

No it won't go back to school faggit, i doubt anyone would fucking "encrypt" a jpeg file instead of just erasing it. they are like what 2 - 5 mb , not worth the hassle
Hey while you at it being autistic you might as well convert the damn files to EXE's and fucking compile them

I bought it on a second hand charity market for a dollar. The seller was an old man who didn't know what it was.

try to decrypt it

>
Upload a backup of the disk.

Best advice so far. Thank you!

you don't have to explain orprove anything to me thief

Install GNU/Linux (Kali distro) and use the tools there to reverse the encryption

>He doesn't know about on the fly encryption

LaughingGirls.jpg

Are you me?

no problem man. i browse fourchan

Some ransomware doesn't actually encrypt, i't may only change extensions.

>compiling exes
ah I remember when my computer knowledge beyond operation was all secondhand
anyway the point of changing file extensions to .encrypted is to ruse newfags like you and OP into thinking there's nothing there. it's hiding in plain sight.
run a script on the harddrive that changes .encrypted to .jpg or .png and see what happens. if there's nothing there, I'd just delete them.
you could potentially open them in notepad++ or a hex editor to see if you can see anything related to metadata

>thinks changing the extensions will have any meaningful effect on the binary data and not just the metadata

kek, please enlighten me on your brainbox CS logic

>the point of changing file extensions to .encrypted is to ruse newfags like you

Well then the drive isn't encryted
My argument relies on the fact that the binary data was changed in an illegible way kek

pretty simple.

when you change the binary data to a metadata, the extensions that are hidden in plain sight will run a script to the point of changing the file extenseions beyond operation . otherwise open them in notepad or a hex edition to see the metadata to decrypt

When did I say ANYTHING about file extensions? I'm saying you don't need to encrypt every single item/image, just save it to an encrypted container.
Utter plebian

that literally does not mean anything you are just making things up

>the extensions that are hidden in plain sight will run a script
what? Oh so .encrypted extensions are now capable of running code assuming the ransomware just changed the .jpg to a .encrypted where is the code coming from exactly?

i expounded it methaporically

yes

>save it to an encrypted container
>It's full of pictures, but everything is encrypted.
The files extension is .encrypted.

hmm sure, OP clearly was not referencing each file being individually tampered with

>where is the code coming from exactly?
>yes

lol, how do you even breathe?

i already answer your question.

next

nope, tell me where the code comes from. So if i generate a text file (say a shopping list), change the ending to a .encrypted and then back to a .txt it will now have illegible data inside because of some magical code?
hmmmm

no i won't tell you nothing

try to find any deleted file with some software

autist

Start guessing prime numbers...

3..5..7..9 fuck