In what way are they overrated

In what way are they overrated.

i dont really think they are overrated

i do that much of their discography is bloated and that their enormous talents were not always put to the best use. for example, paul mccartney is an absolute natural genius of melody, and yet he decided to use that gift to produce puffy aimless songs with meaningless lyrics, and then sung them as if they were jokes 50% of the time.

they aren't

Wow. Great contributing post.

thank

10% killer 90% filler

this

You're welcome.

50% concentrated power of will

The only people who say that are insecure low brow musically uneducated swine. They either have not listened to the right album (imagine hearing Beatles for sale as your first) or they have no idea what they are hearing. I have studied songwriting since I was in middle school and the Beatles opened my eyes to so much. They still surprise me. Look at the chords for being for the benefit of mr kite and tell they aren't genius. Listen to tomorrow never knows, within you without you, or across the universe on acid and tell me your life isn't changed. They were the peak of songwriting in a band setting. Nothing will ever come close. I wish it was possible but they are leagues above any other band that has ever existed.

>I have studied songwriting since I was in middle school

Honestly if your Asian you start even younger. The point is that I have experience in songwriting. You wouldn't trust a random stranger to tell you if a house was made well. You would want an architect or a carpenter's opinion. Music isn't much different. You want someone who knows what they are talking about.

'You Never Give Me Your Money' proves that they are the GOAT

>The point is that I have experience in songwriting

what was paul looking at

I don't understand what you think is funny.

i'm gay

Does your daddy know you're gay?

Honestly they were doing this kind of stuff even in their earliest, it's genuinely very impressive; yet they never stopped getting better and better and using new things in their music even beyond new technology.

>chicks were payd to scream in their shows
>they evolved with the music changes through decades but never were the best exponent of one of theme
>they founded the bases for thousands of horrible bands
>excessive "babys" and "yeahs" turned the rock musicians into stupid

they were a great band but nothing else. those who make a religion out of them is because they watched too much tv

My dad likes them and doesn't like Lil Yauchty

Therefore they are overrated dadrock

Also, they worked with the best and most innovative producers as new technologies were introduced to the sound industry. They were the perfect product to try new things and to be sold for sure.

The babies and yeahs bit was them having fun making songs like the people they looked up to. You might as well blame Elvis. They weren't even that constant compared to 50s music.

The first point really doesn't matter.

They were the best psych pop band for sure. The zombies were cool but they don't have enough good material. Strawberry alarm clock would be maybe if they had better sounding voices. Jazz is cool but they have the same problem as the zombies. Same with love.

The bases they set have also inspired some of the best bands. Tame impala, the temples, dr dog, umo, and the lemon twigs are recent bands that would be next to nothing without the beatles.

>tame impala
>best bands

sure

Dr. Dog is borderline a Beatles cover band. Still a damn fun band. That said, pretty much everyone was influenced by them. Black Sabbath, Can, King Crimson, R.E.M...

You can not say that a band is good because they were infuenced by the beatles and take away all their own merit.

I mean, I didn't. Besides, being influenced by The Beatles doesn't make it bad or good, it's just that pretty much everyone was and still is influenced by them.

I'm sorry you only heard about them after they were too popular for you.

I think a better thread would be what Beatles' songs are extremely UNDERRATED.

I understand why they were so popular at the time, but I don't like them