youtube.com/watch?v=IUjLE_N1Cuc
youtube.com/watch?v=bW4ZwyYJYbQ
youtube.com/watch?v=xvIU6VQAWpo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

youtube.com/watch?v=IUjLE_N1Cuc
>tfw dixie didn't win
i hate this timeline

him

Why would anyone admire them? No one care.

US Civil War threads should be autobannable

youtube.com/watch?v=bW4ZwyYJYbQ

This, I don't get it

Americans are so arrogant
Why do you assume we admire your old soldiers wtf

The good guys won

The Union was in the moral right, but I admire the South infinitely more. Does that make any sense?

The South definitely

No. The moral right is for people to be allowed to govern themselves. Nowhere in the constitution [at the time] did it say states were not allowed to secede. The south legally seceded and were then illegally invaded and annexed by the USA.

I don't really care desu senpai. I do care about subhumans digging up the dead though. The civil war wont be blackwashed.

well, i admire the confederate

But slavery is an ugly practice that degrades the people it touches. The South was better off without it.

Slavery was rapidly dying out all over the western world at the time. There's no reason to believe it would've been any different in the CSA.

this
fucking lincoln attacked his own people and foced them into submiswion like a brutal dictator
south wasnt as bad as they are portrayed
youtube.com/watch?v=xvIU6VQAWpo

>The South was better off without it.

Considering the war removed a significant portion of their adult male population, infrastructure and ability to govern themselves, I'd say the South was better off with slavery.

>americans think we admire everything in their country
unironically kys

>american civil war

None. I don't really care about your internal issues, to be honest.

I get not giving a damn about Americans killing eachother, most Americans feel that way towards most European wars. But the Civil War was an incredibly important world for the international scene, because it was the first war that took place after industrialization. That is why more people died in the war than any war in human history until WW1.

They're just signalling

>ut the Civil War was an incredibly important world for the international scene, because it was the first war that took place after industrialization.

consider that you were probably told this by an american

1. Just because it doesn't say you can't doesn't mean you can
2. It was ruled afterwards that the states never legally seceded, so it was illegal
3. Its morally incorrect to allow a part of a country leave in order to continue to commit what is now a human rights violation
4. It made absolutely no sense for the Union to just let them leave as it would set a precedent for when democracy doesn't go your way to just leave. It would amount to the entire continent being polluted with a bunch of small countries like Europe.

Then they should not have left and then attacked our fort. They practically did it to themselves, they over reacted because the president wasn't going to support expanding slavery anymore (which to them equated to abolition despite Abe having no such desire at the time of his election) so they sperges out, left, and then when the Union was attempting to find a diplomatic situation, the South Carolinians attacked federal property.

We're just saying that we do not admire them. I don't admire any of those guys.

Which do you admire more between revolutionaries and royalists in the french Revolution?
see? no one cares, yet this mattered a lot

you are so arrogant you automatically assume we admire one of the two sides, as if we deeply thought about it or that there's something remarkably admirable in them

Nobody cares about the Civil War but us and SJWs, I'm sorry to say. In terms of industrial war in Europe, the Crimean War was probably more important to them.

Ok, I was wrong about the death numbers. But it was the first war with use of steel clad ships, trenches, trains to their full extent, telegraphs to their full extent, gatling gun, and several other major military inventions.

But at the same time one could argue that the Spanish-American war is also incredibly important, because it was the first war with mounted machine guns being put into action. But nobody considers that a relevant war, not even Americans.

All i'm trying to say is that the American civil war is not something that isn't important, like most civil wars are. It's more along the lines of relevant like the Russian Civil War.
Even though the Russian Civil War was more of a proxy war between the opposing powers during WW1...

The royalists deserved to win fgt.

This

>despite Abe having no such desire at the time of his election

His ideas about slavery were pretty clear though. Not to mention the elections were basically the entire North voting for Abe and the entire South voting for whatshisname.

Then there was the matter of foreign trading. The North was industrial and wanted protectionism, South was exporting cotton and buying everything else so they wanted Laissez faire.

>Russian Civil War was more of a proxy war between the opposing powers during WW1

Not really. They had their stakes but it was by no measure a proxy war.