New Rogue One Trailer: plastic Darth Vader Walmart Mask Edition

youtube.com/watch?v=k4PUk4CCQM4

I don't understand how they wouldn't notice how retarded this mask looks. Everything else in the trailer looks fine but they chose not to fix these Vader shots so it doesn't look like a Halloween mask?
>yfw even in the prequels, the Vader mask looked better

Nice production values

Don't ever let gooks edit trailers again

>that wooden felicity acting

why is everyone obsessed with the fucking force in this movie. From what I remember of ANH, they were just a bunch of fucking rebels. At that point the force was a concept that only weird old sages like Ben, and lunatics like Darth Vader cared about

All this 'trust the force' shit is so dull

Why should they make it just like the OT? Let them expand on the mythos.

Fuckin Ackbar was wishing the Force be upon everyone.

Order 66 only happened a few years ago before Rogue One, user. It's established that Jedi and force users were everywhere. This seems like a nitpick.

rogu wan looks like shit

Nice and constructive criticism you got there.Really made my midichlorians fire.

^this these movies are garbagio
will watch the screenrip and forget it later

Why is the Empire considered evil for justifiably killing terrorists?

My enrichment levels are nicely topped up after watching this trailer

>near military takeover of Republic
>genocide thousands of Jedi men, women and children
>impose Imperial law on all current Republic systems
Gee, I wonder...

The Jedi wanted to imprison and even assassinate the legally-elected Chancellor just because he practiced a different religion.

Did you watch the movies?

>Peacefully trying to arrest their version of Space Satan in a universe where being a Sith actually is equal to be a criminal.
>Palpatine literally admitted to a least a dozen counts of illegal activity to Anakin...which is a coffession. Caught on tape.
>Means they totally deserved to have all their people slaughtered
you need help

Palpatine admits to Anakin that he's been orchestrating both sides of the war, which is treason...

I did. I saw the leader of a paramilitary cult attempt to depose a legally-elected representative based on hearsay and then commit to an assassination attempt when said representative refused to be illegally detained.

Where do you get "assassination" from? They went to arrest him and he went fucking berserk. They were in their legal bounds as Jedi to defend themselves.

Also, read this:
>Palpatine admits to Anakin that he's been orchestrating both sides of the war, which is treason...
That is a confession for a crime. He committed treason, Jedi have minor legal authority. They were justified.

It's actually closer to canon to be that cheap. Darth Vader suffered a lot of budgetary restraints.

No meme.

That's not a good excuse to make it look like a plastic mask now...

Looks like garbage.

Hollywood is fucking OVAH.

Rogue One is set like a few days before A new Hope.

>Where do you get "assassination" from?
They drew their weapons on him

Did they get Ashley Wood to design that robot or did they rip him off?

A Jedi is technically a cop, just a few hours ago, Sheev admits to Anakin (one of the most famous of the space cops and a fucking general) that he's committed a crime. So they go to arrest him.

It's like pretending that a confession to a cop doesn't count and then flipping a shit when you are arrested for said confession.

Okay, and? It's only like 18 years or something between Revenge and Hope. That's not enough time to just flat out forget about Jedi.

>From what I remember of ANH, they were just a bunch of fucking rebels. At that point the force was a concept that only weird old sages
>General Dodonna: May the Force be with us
>General Ackbar: May the Force be with us
Considering Leia and Bail are LOOKING for Obi-Wan in ANH, the Jedi and Force were a major thing for the Rebels. You're forgetting the Rebel Alliance was founded by Jedi sympathizers and actual members like Yoda, Obi-Wan and Ahsoka. Only the Empire suppressed the Force and Jedi knowledge. This is clear in the movies since Luke is a known Jedi practitioner and Rebel pilot.

Not only that but Bail, Mon Mothma and Saw served along side the Jedi during the Clone Wars. Jyns family saw the Clone Wars up close and personal so they know of Jedi as well.

Yeah they should totally try to arrest the sith lord without even preparing for an attack.

Because they were arresting a dangerous criminal? Have you literally never seen police work before?

friends was one of THE most watched series on television that ended about 20 years ago. Off the top of your head, which episode did Ross and Rachel break up?

Are you retarded? We still talk about the Holocaust 70 years later. A genocide isn't a show you clod

You seriously think you wouldn't remember a complete governmental change and disappearance of your police force overnight?

>creating a war and serving as the leader of both sides to gain power from the conflict
Pretty sure that's illegal, user.

>A genocide isn't a show you clod
....but the movie isn't real either...why are you talking about the holocaust?

are you mentally ill?

They essentially staged a coup based on the hearsay of what Anakin, a man whom they themselves acknowledged to be reckless, erratic, and borderline untrustworthy, said. No benefit of the doubt, no investigation, no innocent until proven guilty - they just rounded up a posse. I don't think that a paramilitary religious order that kidnaps and indoctrinates young children into a life of violence and sexual frustration should have the authority to depose elected government.

This. No wonder the Sith won.

I think the Bay of Pigs/Puerto Rican bombings incidents would be a better examples of things "forgotten" about. They're known but the details surrounding them are suppressed in public knowledge.

>ahsoka
>not dead after order 66
fuck off EU fucking shit

You're right but I'm pretty sure the correct term is actually "sheevson". Just so you know.

>reckless, erratic[...]
Irrelevant. Anakin is a member of the Republics oldest and most trusted institutions. This organization saved them in the past. What he says is as good as any Jedi. Anakin's actions during the Republic not only saved the lives of millions but the members of the senate. Not only that but he was probably one of the most well known and respected heroes of the war.

>borderline untrustworthy
Evidence?

>No benefit of the doubt, no investigation, no innocent until proven guilty - they just rounded up a posse.
He was to be taken into custody for investigation. I don't think you understand the implication of being called a "Sith". The Republic and Jedi had an obligation to stop them at all costs. You're forgetting a 1,000 years prior they absolutely destroyed the Republic and Jedi Order. It's the primary reason for the Clone Wars because Dooku was leading them.

What do you not understand about this analogy? Order 66 was literally a genocide.

What about "he confessed to a government authority figure" do you not understand?

I know you're a troll. So I guess I'll point it out for the sake of this thread because unfortunately anons are still replying to (You).

Absolutely terrible analogy. In order for it to be correct it'd have to be more like people forgot that soldiers used fucking guns during war. The force was not something that was "suppressed in public knowledge". There are countless scenes where we see Jedi using the force around the general public. The other user was right, you don't just suddenly forget about a massive facet of your galaxy's military force in under 20 years.

You both need to go back. I just don't think this shithole is cut out for your breed of spastic.

Nobody elected Anakin. Anakin's just some asshole that commits ethnic cleansing, decapitates literally unarmed prisoners, and is always pissed off that he has to hide where he puts his erection.

Is that what trump will do new he's POTUS

This whole movie looks so fucking plastic. Way to go cheap on Star Wars, Disney. Even Lucas made the prequels look comfy and real despite all the horrible CGI. Absolutely what the fuck.

>I'm going to shut down Hollywood, those Jews have been running rampant far too long in my opinion
-Donald Trump

The Jedi literally have law enforcement authority...
you are being retarded.

It's gonna be a comfy day when Trump gets impeached.

As if they would take Anakin's word over supreme leader Snoke

Saw was trained by Ahsoka since they both deputed in TCW, user.

Canonically, Anakin is mostly a well-respected person. It's really only like two Jedis who distrust him. Also, you are grasping at straws. Why would they assume Anakin is lying? Sheev just confessed to treason, after they arrest him, they can just look at the records...the whole fucking thing was recorded, user.

This argument is getting autistic.

>You both need to go back. I just don't think this shithole is cut out for your breed of spastic.
You're the only here who doesn't understand the franchise, user.

>the state of your entire existence

Christ "mate". I know people do this a lot here but I've never once told someone to kill themselves. But I genuinely believe that for your own sake you would be happier ending your delusional existence. You sound fairly miserable. And it doesn't really sound like you are living satisfying life. In fact at this rate I'd wager that your mind would be riddled with all sorts of disorders... Alzheimers... asperger's... dementia... within just a few short years. I also don't think medical help will cleanse you of your deliriousness. Unfortunately, like I said, I would never usually recommend this but in your specific case I really believe that suicide may be the most profitable solution for everyone.

How is he wrong? Nothing he said was wrong.

What happens when that happens?
Will the Vice President become president?

Yes. But least Pence is a spineless retard.

Wouldn't Sheev just use his lightning on the recording apparatus thus erasing all footage

You're a fucking dolt, you know that? Is this a productive and "fun" use of your time? Coming into our home and just screaming complete fucking nonsense on purpose??

Just leave. I don't particularly want to carry on reading your limp attempts at "shitposting". Either lurk for a fucking year like everyone else does or just go back to contently gobbling up your favourite garbage like TFA. Like your parents, none of us really want you around.

sigh, sure. Whatever man. But he clearly didn't even bother, as Obi-Wan later sees footage of Anakin bending the knee to Palpatine.

>implying Pence hasn't masterminded this whole election, persuading Trump to run so that he can claim the throne once Trump gets kicked out
And he didn't spend a penny doing it either

>still thinking TFA was garbage

He's assuming trillions planets have seen Force users and ignoring the fact the Empire suppressed knowledge of the Jedi on the outer rim. They were vilified in the core/mid/inner/colony regions. No one "forgot" about the Force since the Rebels actively believe it. This is shown to you in ANH. Most of the Outer Rim was unntameable by the Republic/Empire so it's no surprise some people have never seen a Jedi or Force user.

Most unintelligent and incoherent post I've read on Sup Forums today. You can do better than this.

>still being proud of being a redditor

Look man, I'm giving you ample opportunity here. I feel like you know this place isn't for you yet your be stubborn and refusing to "lose an argument". Just go back. You obviously aren't working out here. They probably like you back there or some shit anyway, right? It's a win-win.

In all seriousness, aren't The Empire the good guys trying to civilize jungle niggers across the universe?

>Race Bannon will be President in our lifetime

Feels good.

>Empire suppressed knowledge of the Jedi on the outer rim
This is the only thing I disagree with, since all the official canon books and games that survived the Disney purge are state that the Empire really sucked at doing that. It's well established that the entire Republic is aware of Jedis...if your entire police force just disappeared tomorrow, it would be difficult to forget. Scores of Jedi even survived Order 66, user.

What the fuck is this suppose to be

>liking TFA makes you reddit meme
I'm a different user, you spergy faggot.

It's probably like the third post you've read on Sup Forums ever. Also underage b& for lacking basic reading comprehension. Fuck off and die already.

I know Star Wars isn't exactly Shakespeare, but, the lines and acting really bother me. This feels really amateur.

Those officer helmets were in the OT, user.

>increasingly nervous man

Jesus fucking Christ... That fucking helmet is 10 times worse looking than the original from 40 years ago.

>being this new

It's pretty much the most "reddit" movie ever made though. If you genuinely disagree, I'd be happy to share counter arguments. But I already know that's not what you are interested in. And your case will probably just end up boiling down to DUDE TURN OFF YOUR BRAIN LMAO. I'm not really that keen tbdesu, especially since I don't genuinely believe anyone's favourite star wars film is TFA. Of course I could be wrong, and you could adamantly insist so, but you would still have to acknowledge that you really are in the minority here.

I'm pissed, not nervous. If anyone looks nervous, it's that orange faggot that literal retards voted for when he met with the President this morning. Fucker looks like he's in too deep. I hope he's scared. It shouldn't be easy for him.

It literally looks purchased from Wal Mart as OP said.

Literally the only reason I'd watch this is for Mads Mikkelsen

>takes off mask
>its rylo ken
>audience laughs

Agreed, they went for the style of Episode 4 without updating it, I know this movie takes place like a few days before EP 4 but Jesus, that fucking helmet...

>It's pretty much the most "reddit" movie ever made though.
You need to fucking calm down, aspie.
>If you genuinely disagree, I'd be happy to share counter arguments
There have been arguments for the better half of a year, I don't need to write a fucking dissertation to like something you turbo-autist.
>And your case will probably just end up boiling down to DUDE TURN OFF YOUR BRAIN LMAO
It's fun...I don't know why a flick triggers you so much. Go outside some more.
>since I don't genuinely believe anyone's favourite star wars film is TFA
Who is even saying that?
>but you would still have to acknowledge that you really are in the minority here.
Yes I'm in a minority, the film makes a few fucking billion around the globe, but yeah. I'm in a minority. Implying that I need to be in some autistic box of "minority" or "majority" to like/dislike a film

You are seriously Aspergers, man

That's because it's not Vader
It's someone in a Vader mask

Episode 3 literally had the best Vader suit and mask, pleb

>Episode 3 literally had the best Vader suit and mask, pleb
Do you have bad reading comprehension skills? I literally said that. Though I would argue it looks great in Empire too.

lol dude you're a faggot

>hur dur, you're a faggot
Why...?

What are you talking about? This new Vader looks great! Just look at all the detail!

KEK

I tots would wear that to bed

>Kill hundreds of innocent people, including children and help preside over an evil galactic empire
>"He was a good friend!"
>Gets to go to heaven and is fully redeemed at the end by killing an old man

>This is the only thing I disagree with, since all the official canon books and games that survived the Disney purge are state that the Empire really sucked at doing that.
I think Lost Stars gives a look at what the Empire really does. It falsifies and vilifies the Jedi. Mace Windu is seen as the man who started the Clone War because he's a vicious brute thug.

>It's well established that the entire Republic is aware of Jedis...if your entire police force just disappeared tomorrow
I understand what you're saying but you're forgetting that Windu's attack made Palpatine launch a brutal campaign against the Jedi. He told the Republic they were traitors to be hunted down and defeated while transforming the Republic into the Empire. If the Senate is a good indicator most people were excited to have the Jedi gone. While they slowly were taken out the picture, Palpatine placed polices and new security and they were forgotten like the Clone War.

0/10

You really need to work on your technique. This brute trolling is ineffective.

Ackbar was basically a jedi, his tactical skills were unmatched throughout the galaxy.

There are no unforgivable sins to God. Anyone is capable of receiving his blessings in the kingdom of heaven. Even Adolf Hitler.

I never even know who is shitposting anymore. People on this board keep saying dumb/wrong shit and it's amazing.

Well the senate is still around until the beginning of Anh when takin mentions the emperor finally removed it. And people generally know about the force and Jedi, force choked guy calls it an ancient religion. Although order 66 was only like 30 years ago max all Jedi that survived had gone into hiding or quit being Jedi entirely.

I do agree though that this movie throws around the force too much for its time though