Why does the left always lose ever gun debate they get themselves into?

Why does the left always lose ever gun debate they get themselves into?

Other urls found in this thread:

congress.gov/bill/112th-congress/house-bill/5736/text
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Firearms_Act
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I don't say we lose...the ones the media finds have gone full retard and can't articulate what sane people think. The fact the right think we want to ban all guns is evidence of that.

congress.gov/bill/112th-congress/house-bill/5736/text

Analogies are fallacies that people use when they can't rebut the opponent's actual argument.

There were more guns per capita during the 50's, and there wasn't the automatic weapons ban. Why didn't we have mass shootings back then?

Pretty up your rhetoric as much as you want, we know you cunts are chipping away at the constitution one bite at a time.

>muh constitution
Don't tell me you also follow the bible

>overeating = killing other people
Yeah, I'm sure if we banned guns we'd see a rise in school stabbings and the number of causalities would be the same. And I support the second amendment.

Why does the government get a monopoly on being dangerous?

If you don't trust your neighbor to own a rifle why would you trust the chuckle nuts that join the military?

Especially an analogy as dumb as that one.

Silly pleb. The establishment Right doesn't want the people to go any further into the gun debate. When the left pursues the gun control argument, your overlords cry "but mental health, mental health". Then when the left pursues the mental health argument, the right cries "that won't change anything". You are children incapable of solving any real problems. You control literally all 3 branche of govt but you get nothing done.

They are lucky to have cucks like you fighting their battles for them with shit strawman analogies and "muh freedoms" while you continue to get fucked over by them in numerous other ways.

Forks are too effective at eating. People wouldn't get fat as easily if they had to eat with their hands.

>I'll just find some other way to murder a large number of people quickly
yeah, no.
if there were other ways to do it, your corporate masters would be selling those to you too
(R)etards deserve a special place in the sanitarium

hmmm.... what's an IED, alex?

>willing to imprision people based on their political ideology.
>wonders why the opposition has a death grip on their weapons.

We learned from the 20th century

Exactly!
Nice lucky trips BTW

It's more like this:
People get to fat, so we ban food with too much fat. They could still get fat, eating more healthy food, but it would be much harder.

Yes someone could go on a killing spree just armed with a knife, but it would be much less effective than guns.

Because they use terms like "fully semi automatic" and "assault rifle." They use zero facts

It starts with one kind, then another, then another until they're all gone. Think more than 3 months into the future sometime.

What do the far 'Left', and far 'Right' have in common?

Both want to keep innocent people safe from homicidal maniacs with firearms.

That is the common ground that is lost/ignored.

How each ideology goes-about trying to solve this is the problem with finding a resolution.

false analogy is false

>america has more mass shootings than any other developer world
>all other countries have much stricter gun laws
>guns are used in all mass shooting
>SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!!
why are americans so stupid?

What is this bullshit? You can shovel shit in your face with hands or chop sticks or whatever the fuck you want.
It's a hell of a lot harder to kill dozens of people in a go without a gun. No one is going to single handedly take out a music crowd with their faggot duplicate japanese katana. They might kill one and slice a few more, but people would just gang up on them and kick them to death. You can't kill people and be a pussy at the same time without long range firearms.

false

If you look at the statistics firearms prevent more deaths than they cause by a factor of about 100
The chances of dying in a school shooting are less than being struck by lighting, we don't base governmental policy around lightning strikes

>It's a hell of a lot harder to kill dozens of people in a go without a gun.
I could kill 24 people with a knife before you could eat a bowl of sphagetti and meatballs with your hand. Your argument is invalid.

You ABOSULTEY could not lol. Real life isn't your favorite anime you fag

unless you're stabbing a room full of old ladies and children, you're full of shit.
hell, even then they're way more likely to survive your limp wristed knife attack than they are a bullet wound

Toddlers aren't capable of putting up much of a fight.

you could build a bomb with not too much difficulty and get a similar amount of kills if not more

>unless
Moving goalposts.

>if there were other ways to do it
You do realize the global #2 spot for spree killing belongs to a guy with a truck, right?

easy peasy

forks=/=guns

false analogy

Also cheaper than buying a gun.

easy peasy
logic != illogical
false argument

Do you know anything about history? Disarming the public most likely leads to a tyrannical government. Nazi Germany, communist China, Soviet union. Nobody could stand up against the government and got fucked beyond belief.

I didn't move the goalpost, I said that faggot is a blowhard that's full of shit.
That faggot is undoubtedly you, so why don't you fuck off and go suck some cock while you mull things over, and come back when you're a feeling a little less gay than you're currently acting

I never understood this logic. You don't have to reload a knife and it's always dangerous instead of only being dangerous as long as you're pulling the trigger and have ammunition to shoot.
Also, a stab wound is typically much more serious than a gunshot wound

>I am TTHHIISS mad that I got called out on being a goalpost moving faggot whose argument was logically incorrect.
Next.

I don't want to ban guns, in fact I own one... but surely something has to change right? The US has a pretty unique problem of gun violence and so far we've done fuck-all to try and meaningfully correct it.

More people are killed with knives than with assault rifles every year, user. Look it up.

you have no point and you're fucking retarded.

>mixes up a ban of stuff that does not kill other people but only the user and a ban of stuff that puts other peoples life in danger
>hurr i'm smart
go eat a bullet, gun nut

I don't unserstand why ban drugs or prostitution than. People always find a way to drug and prostitute.

posting some cartoon made by someone else doesn't move you to the winning side user.

>false
elaborate...

to uphold societal morality, it's wrong to use drugs or fuck for money therefore its against the law

My point was quite clear. 's argument was invalid. You took issue with my argument because you can't into logic and now you're all butthurt that I called you out in it.
Stop embarrassing yourself.

in ones and twos. I'd wager that more people die in fucking drunk driving accidents than both guns and knives combined. hell, we could probably pull in a good bit of warfare kills before we got anywhere near "people dying from being morons on the road".
I don't even care one way or the other what they do with guns. If they made people actually register them etc or track them or whatever, I don't fucking care.
But OP's analogy is bullshit, and it's probably the same faggot hack that Sup Forumslocks love blowing by shitposting his garbage all over the place.
Fuck off you illogical retards.

I don't think banning guns will do anything. We had more guns in the 80s and there were much less shootings than we have today. I think it's a better idea to look at what we as a society are doing that makes kids wanna pick up a gun and shoot up their schools in the first place.

Yemen, actually.

>we don't base governmental policy around lightning strikes
b--but you do.

cuz gap-toothed, gun-humping cowards can't be reasoned with?

Instead the possesion of something that has the only function of killing people bring to an high standard.

>People wouldn't get fat as easily if they had to eat with their hands.

I'm chuckling as I strap on the 'ol feed bag.

If you seriously think it's easier to kill people with knives than guns, then you won't have any problems when the government comes for the guns, because you'll just conquer the whole damned country with a butterknife, right?
You're a stupid piece of shit, and you need to go thank your mother for abusing you, because you fucking deserved it

>If you seriously think it's easier to kill people with knives than guns,
Never claimed that. Stop embarrassing yourself.

Jesus fucking christ.
I didn't say that. It's obvious what I said. Moving goalposts. Didn't say that. Fucking >>>>>>implying
How about you go lick your dog's knob and fuck off Sup Forums forever, faggola?

You should read this

Too logical, let's ban kids

Nah.

You have to close with someone to stab them, which is harder than it sounds when they're ready for you, and impossible if there's two or three of them ready for you. In addition, you can never stab them without putting them in a position to take control of your weapon.

Stab wounds are more serious than a pistol wound, sure, but not a rifle or shotgun wound.

more people die to bootleg explosive devices than guns in mass murdering scenarios

terrorists aren't even using guns to achieve their violence, and we're still pursing gun laws? pressure cookers, makeshift bombs, homemade grenades, hell you can buy a fuckload of plutonium from an underground vendor and light a city up, what the fuck are guns even good for

if anything they aid in violence since people will find guns easier to use than the above methods, but if there were no guns they'd resort to the above methods which are much deadlier

I don’t know about that, but heart disease kills more than gun violence

not to mention, most wounds in a fucking knife fight won't be stabs, they'll be fucking slices.
OP is a raging sack of shit

because they don't have an argument besides
>muh chilluns
just how conservatives argue against abortion by saying
>muh chilluns

Neither have the mental capacity to realize that they only want something banned because they are emotionally compromised on the issue.

This is why we have a 2nd ammendment

Where are these stats from? I find them very hard to believe (except the top 3, they seem pretty likely)

>I didn't say that. It's obvious what I said.
Could you get any more incoherent? Anyway I've gotta take a shit so have fun pretending you've won the argument and made yourself seem less stupid from this point onward.

This picture is so cringeworthy, so is OP. LITERALLY NO ONE THINKS THAT GUNS ARE FAULT. WE KNOW THAT THE PEOPLE WHO OWN IT ARE FAULT . THE REASON WE WANT GUNS TO BE BANNED IS THAT SOCIETY IS NOT ABLE TO USE THEM RESPONSIBLY. "b-but c-cars can kill people t-too."
YES YOU BITCH. BUT CARS WERE NEVER MADE TO KILL PEOPLE. THEIR PURPOSE IS SOMETHING DIFFERENT BUT GUNS ONLY HAVE TO PURPOSE TO KILL

>hell you can buy a fuckload of plutonium from an underground vendor and light a city up,
this has never fucking happened. what fucking delusional world do you live in, dummy?

shitting all over the thread wasn't enough for you, eh?

Have you ever tried to kill someone with a gun? Shit takes ages. Now, bullets, those are some deadly fuckers. BAN BULLETS THEY WERE MADE TO KILL

Two word: intellectual bankruptcy.

Redneck logic

i trust my neighbor. I don't trust autistic neets that are on FBI watch lists for making threats about shooting up schools. That's what that kid was. He shouldn't be able to buy a gun legally.

Because Republicans are all greed filled sociopaths, and Democrats don't have any nuts in order to do things like the Republicans do to change things in government.

Both parties are fucked, and we need a new bullmoose party or something before we're all fucked.

Learn to History dipshit

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Firearms_Act

Why are Americans so fucking retarded?

Since literally everyone in America owns a gun, the threshold to grab your gun and shoot a person you dislike is incredibly low. In other countries, where almost no people own guns, you cant shoot people out of frustration.

Though the gun debate is really about Americans wanting to keep their dick extenders.

i just googled 'mass shootings per country' and followed a few links, so i can't validate the source 100%, but i see no reason for this website to lie and i'm sure i can confirm the data with a few more minutes of searching

the image itself is from crimeresearch.org

i didn't even consider the us to be number 1 or even close. half of these countries aren't really developing and i'm still surprised US is as high as it is. the main difference is US media is broadcasted worldwide while who the fuck cares about France?

If you could just think of another way to over eat couldn't you just think of another way to defend your house or hunt?

mais j'aime la france

So something that WASN'T made to kill people is killing MORE people in the states than something made to kill people?

Really makes you think.

bin that knife

do you honestly think if the american government turned tyrannical bubba and his 13 kids in Texas is gonna be able to stop it? be real, 1 abrams and 1 F-16 hornet beats the entire gun owning population of the US

>implying he still believes reps are not passing off as full throttle idiots on that subject
grow up son, show's over

guns arent forks

The amount of stupidity on both sides is pretty much equal.

Yes, the easy availability of guns in the US is a major contributing factor to rate of murders. Anyone who doesn't admit this is an idiot.

But also, the 2nd amendment is never going away. Meaningful gun control will never happen in this country. Guns are too much a part of our national identity. We need to admit that and find other ways to address the problem. Anyone who doesn't admit this is also an idiot.

People who are literally retarded, will have no 2nd thought about this stupid comic, and be like: 'woah man she's totally right I get it now', ehh fucking logic, comparing food, harming yourself, with guns, killing others.

Honestly the fuck is wrong with you all

because smart people aren't terrorists and the government is in that black market trade themselves to eliminate this threat

anyone who wanted true anarchy and has studied nuclear weaponry could achieve this if they were even remotely resourceful. as you can probably guess, that number is 0. the moment you breathe the word 'plutonium' there are several different listening devices that send that shit straight to nsa and there's no way in hell you'll pull off buying it.

but realistically, if you weren't being monitored, it can be pulled off quite easily

Because they're wrong.

Because it's one of the few topics they don't understand. It's like the right-wing's pro-life caucus. Neither are all that smart and don't think ahead.

very potentially untrue in-and-of-itself, and also a misleading statistic.

Breitbart strikes again.

Specifically comparing knife murders to rifle murders from the FBI report (UCR) it would seem that more people die to knives, but this fails to mention the fact that in a large portion of gun murders the type of firearm used isn't mentioned. This statistic also fails to address any data from the CDC (where the US actually pulls its homicide rate stats from) which have a significantly higher number for rifle murders. Additionally, and this is why this comparison is in my opinion intentionally misleading, this statistic fails to mention the thousands people people murdered by other types of firearms, of which a handgun is BY FAR the most common tool used for murder in the US.

Most of the left are pro gun, its mainly the liberals that are anti gun.

you only believe this because you are stupid

i dun see a lot of mass knifing sprees at schools. Ban guns promote knives problem solved.

Most people in the military support the people and wouldn't turn guns on them, we don't live in Nazi Germany with a gun to our forehead...

OH GOD ITS LIKE FORK
>except that forks are designed specifically for eating purposes, whilst guns are specifically a weapon - they have no purpose other than to cause harm
YEAH WELL ITS LIKE CARS COS THOSE KILL LOTS OF PEOPLE
>except cars have utility other than causing harm - guns do not

>food analogy
everytime

good post

Nobody wins but the right loses more and they don't even know about it themselves because they lack any insight into anything.

Destroying your own infrastructure will lead to the collapse of the powers themselves. Actual oppression requires foot soldiers.

>Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed, as they are in almost every kingdom in Europe. The supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword, because the whole body of the people are armed and constitute a force superior to any band of regular troops that can be, on any pretense, raised in the United States. A military force at the command of Congress can execute no laws, but such as the people perceive to be just and constitutional; for they will possess the power.
-Noah Webster