What does Sup Forums think of depression? Is it the reason so many men commit suicide?

What does Sup Forums think of depression? Is it the reason so many men commit suicide?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=feEQIy9vmxA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It's the reason why I'm a transgendered faggot

What is the point of even talking about men and depression and suicide? Nobody cares. People are predisposed to shill for women and not care about men, and western culture makes it 100x worse with it's degeneracy, slut culture and feminism.

Its not real

It's because the West has lost sight of God.

Come to Jesus.

>inb4 edge posters saying its not real
it's real
it's also fixable
but getting in the way of that is feminism with its "toxic masculinity" horseshit
in men, it's solved largely by acting the part. it's "learned helplessness", and so the solution is to "act as if"

in women idk. probably bring back slut-shaming. most of the depressed women i've known are total whores

It is real.
But not real in the sense of social catalysts..
Most depression comes from the gut, where serotonin is produced.
Weird thing is rather than focusing on diet, etc some men go chop their cocks off.

It's real and happens because modern society is in many ways fighting basic male biology. If you deny your own nature long and hard enough, it has physical results.

>Is it the reason so many men commit suicide?
It's the symptom.

There's usually a reason men get depressed in the first place.

Fucked up marriage, fucked up job, fucked up pressure etc.

>America
>depression
kek, feels good to be on top nigger

It's real.

I had it for most of my life. Couldn't remember a single time I didn't. It's not so bad anymore.
I still get depressed from time to time, but for the most part, it's gone.
So it is "fixable", though the "cure" isn't always the same for everyone.

Doctors and such all told me I had to be more active and such, but that only made it worse. Eventually giving up, and taking everything slow was how I "fixed" it. I think the reason for mine was too much pressure.
I ended up moving down south, bought a small house just outside the city surrounded by nature. It's pretty nice. I now even grown vege's and fruit in the land around my place, which also helps. Gardening is nice. Neighbors are super friendly. Don't even need to lock my door, the girl next door comes in from time to time to cook me dinner which is alright, I guess.

ever tried growing your own vegemite?

"Embracing God" is not going to change how western culture feels about men. We are disposable scum and that's all we are seen as.

i had my parents die in a car crash just as i was entering high school, and the week after my grandpa died in his sleep

they took me out, ran me around with a bunch of foster carers, i lost it, never graduated
i just left and got a job at a security company around accounting, got my own place and have kept it easy ever since

some people like the hustle and bustle life with all sorts of fun things and new experiences, but i just like to relax with a glass of milk and some cookies watching TV
it's an alright life

It has nothing to do with diet, it's about having ideas of how the world or your life should be and when you take those ideas way too seriously and realize they can't be achieved you get depressed. Lowering expectations to zero helps but it's not easy.

That'd be nice. Though I don't like Vegemite that much. Hell, I don't really eat a lot to begin with. Most of the stuff I grow goes to my neighbors.

Yeah, I get that. Too much crap going on gives me a headache. I just want a quiet life. I don't even really want to be rich. Just give me a nice quiet place with a "comfy" atmosphere and I'm golden. Sorry 'bout your folks though, I don't know those feels.

Believing in God would change the way men feel about life in general, not about how society thinks of them.

I looked for God and found nothing, that's why I'm depressed.

I have depression for almost 10 years now and the reasons seemingly always change. Once I fixed the reason for depression I was in a good mood and all for about a month then another stronger reason came along and I'm still fighting it.

And how do i define its difficulty? Depending on how many solutions it has and their success rate. Right now, the current cause has only 1 solution with an uncertain success rate which varies too much, because of this fear and depression sets in, fearing that the solution won't work and then... i'm lost.

How men feel about life doesn't matter. Men always have been and always will be disposable tools of society.

>the girl next door comes in from time to time to cook me dinner

Does this ever lead to sex?

There's a reason behind being depressed.

In the first world, that probably comes from a feeling of pointlessness, but you could also blame the individual by saying he doesn't have ambitions to carry him through depression.

only if you are attractive

>What does Sup Forums think of depression?

I try not to

increased government control over your destiny is a factor
between that and having been feudal right up to 1917 explains entirely the soviet union's alcoholism rate

I'm not really interested. She's nice, but romance in general is too tiresome.

I can't think of any other reason she would cook for him, you don't necessarily find that hospitality in America

I would wager the increasing availability of alcohol has also part in it desu

Yes.

Meth helps

Sorry to hear that, I will pray for you

Most people are depressed because we don't live like this anymore

Exercise helps the most tbhq.

Is there a reason she cooks for you? Did you guys work out some agreement? I find it kinda odd since I don't really hear about this stuff in America, people are much more distant here

OP here. I hate how society has treated men. I feel like I've had depression on and off most my life and I've not told anyone. I've never had positive motivation from my parents, the day I finished school I was told to forget about ideas for college as paying rent was more important. I'm now in a managerial role I hate, I work way over my hours and I'm told that management is good for me and then told that I shouldnt do the extra hours and that I shouldn't be stressed because that's all jobs. This is easily the most hated job I've had. I'm 39 and want to buy a house of which I'm desperately trying to save up a 20% deposit for. I want to start my own business and always told
> Ooh that's hard. A lot of people do that. You won't have holidays paid for, etc.

My girlfriend tells me she's wants another holiday this year even though we went to Rome in January. She also wants a ring, me to get a deposit for a house to rent or mortgage. I feel utter dread everytime I wake up for work. I enjoy football and building models and I'm told by the media and people around me how pointless that is. I also feel like I'm the only person who gives a shit about the larger picture and greater good. Atheism has also been a massive failure and I'm ashamed to be one at this point.

this

The sedentary jobs we have now for the most part are responsible for alot of the depression going on. I can chop wood for an hour and feel better than after finishing some big presentation or something.

Turn back to Christianity. I went back after over 2 years of abscence and it fulfils you

See;
Maybe she feels indebted since most of the Fruit and Veg I grow goes to neighbours and she's one of my neighbours.
Who knows, I don't really question it. Especially since I'm not the greatest cook.

I've never been a Christian but I had a very powerful sense of spiritualism in Rome. They had churches everywhere and I was just in awe of them. Very peaceful and quiet. I've been feeling a spiritual pull since then

Depression is for retards, they should just kill themselves

yes, but depression has causes and it isn't "your thoughts"

it's a health issue

For any retard who says depression/anxiety isn't real, there is physical proof in the shrinkage of the hippocampus and in elevated serotonin levels respectively.

You're wrong. I don't exactly know enough about the relation to diet but I know it's not just a psychological thing where when you think about sad things you get sad.

I take a supplement called 5-HTP every day. Your body converts 5-HTP into serotonin through B vitamins because it's the precursor to serotonin and it's the closest thing you can get to a serotonin supplement since straight serotonin doesn't get absorbed by the body through the digestive tract (and doesn't pass the blood/brain barrier). When I take the supplements I'm usually in better spirits than when I'm not. I have more energy, I feel happier, and believe it or not it actually helps me sleep which is good for the body and for regulating mood.

However, when I stop taking the supplements, like clockwork after a few days I get very moody and most of the time I get periodic anxiety episodes (I wouldn't say it's an anxiety attack but it definitely becomes an overwhelming sense of impending doom and hopelessness). Even though I consciously know that I'm feeling this way for an irrational reason and that I have nothing to worry about, my brain takes over and thus I feel bad.

Depression is definitely not just "I had a sad thought once and that made me depressed". Depression is an ugly thing but people, usually teenagers, are so quick to self diagnose because it makes them feel special or something.

Definitely try going to Church.

I have aspergers autism which caused social anxiety and depression in the long run. Let me explain you how does it truly work from my pov.
First of all, since your early years you feel like an alien in society. If you are smart, you will find weird explanations or seek explanations. When I was young I used to believe that I must be some kind of an alien (I was immediately interested in science) since this would explain my "outside-ness". Then my beliefs evolved into christianity but this also didn't satisfy my intellect so a began to seek more exotic views. I was interested in all paranormal stuff for a few years. In the end it didn't help me much - it is almost entirely bullshit and the more you know the more obvious this is. I turned myself fully towards physics. If there was an answer to my weirdness, i should be written somewhere in the laws of the world, right? My anxiety was constant and no matter how many years have passed, I was always nervous. I learned how to control myself and behave normally - what you have to understand is that the feel of being in danger DOES NOT GO AWAY. It is like an instinctive response. It lead me to multiple depression episodes since I realized that I cannot contain the anxiety and in fact it started to grow with age. I found obviously the answer in psychiatry and psychology but only when I was older and exhausted. I found I had sperg syndrome, but this knowledge doesn't help you in the long run. Now I am on pills (prozac and pramolan) and it works as follows:
- pramolan works immediately on anxiety, but prozac needs time
- each week you feel better and anxiety attacks DO NOT HAPPEN - this is important
- it didn't change what I like or don't like, and I have the same views as I had; it only removes anxiety and this immensely deep feeling of depression.
- somewhat, I am grateful that I have survived so long with my problems. It taught me self-control and it helped me understand myself.

Speaking of churches, I watched this documentary recently on Canterbury, and I'm not a religious person at all but from spending time here, and watching stuff like this and listening to discussions on the fundamentals of christianity, especially in comparison to shitty ones like Islam.

Really made me think over religion again, and I don't hate it anymore, I don't think it doesn't have its place, particularly the anglo-christion/catholic religions. Churches aren't useless, they especially weren't many years ago. They were a place of discussion and idea swapping, and also a place of solitude in tumultuous times.

youtube.com/watch?v=feEQIy9vmxA

I'd love to go into Canterbury one day, and just walk around and find a place to think for an hour or so. It'd really just take away all the troubles in your life for a moment.

just to add one thing more: living with anxiety is like living constantly with a huge weight on your shoulders. you can move, but you cannot run. you can become stronger, but anyone without the weight will quickly become faster then you since you are only a men.

I know you just made a serious post, and I sympathise with you, but you have KEK in your ID

I hate the idea of turning to a drug but whatever helps. This all sounds so familiar. My Grandad was a good influence in my life, he took me to watch football but he introduced me to books and I've always read books since. I read a lot of werid stuff as well when I was younger and I always knew that the world wasnt quite right. I'm amazed at how few people are red pilled about things around them. I often feel like I put on a entirely different character /persona for everyone else around me.

>ever tried growing your own vegemite?

Vegemite is done mate, there's a new spread in town.