To those whose countries do not have mountains, or very few mountains: do you guys ever wish you had more mountains...

To those whose countries do not have mountains, or very few mountains: do you guys ever wish you had more mountains, or are you happy with flatlands? Tell me about the pleasures of flatlands please. This is not really supposed to be a "muh mountains" thread (but feel welcome to post "muh mountains" too. Rather it's supposed to be a "muh flatlands" thread actually. So give me your thoughts.

muh mountains

I'm happy we don't have mountains. They make life more difficult. If I feel the need to see mountains I can hop in the car and drive to France or Austria in a day.

Yeah. I feel odd feelings when the clouds sometimes partially block the horizon and the rising or setting sun makes them look like mountains in distance.

>tfw lots of mountains
>tfw rarely with snow

I like mountains purely for entertainment. It makes it more difficult to do anything practical. You have to worry about rock slides and avalanche assuming nets aren't in place. If you have a flex fuel car, it will burn ethanol faster at higher altitudes. You get more exercise in the mountains just walking up and down hill though. You don't have to worry about flooding. Unless you're eating mountain goats and fish, you really need flat land for cattle. Farming would be an actual job as opposed to turning on a harvester and letting computer guided GPS do everything.

Wish we had some real mountains, ours are all just tall hills.

some mountains to try and fix this desert shit

>bogjumpers

Having mountains means shit if you dont hike at least.

>old pic taken with a potato in Illinois
I grew up in the Midwest, hundreds of miles from the nearest mountains. I moved to a region with mountains as soon as I could.
I do not miss anything from the flatlands except for the comfort foods and the Chicago sense of humor.

t. Has only been in western mountains/ has never seen the Appalachians

Well in your case, perhaps you would die if you visited the 0m altitude area of planet Earth.

>Chicago
Aren't there mountains in Chicago area?
Pretty. Landscape in which you can do your one day hiking trip, enjoy some stunning views, and still come home in time to eat dinner, that's what I like about living where I live.

they are good to visit in winter, or when you want to go camping in summer on somewhere cooler

>Aren't there mountains in Chicago area?
Not even close. There's Lake Michigan on one side, and virtually endless plains on all other sides.
>Lake Michigan shoreline north of Chicago
>Pretty.
Yeah, Vermont doesn't have a lot going on, but it's very pretty and relaxed.

I want to see fjords someday.

>muh mountains
I live among them.

Du bor i det ekte Sverige.

The mountains will be the last refuge of the white man.

Nice quads btw.

love 'em

at first i thought that pass in the middle is photoshopped until i looked closer, looks nice

I would not like living in a flat country.