Can someone rec me some bleak albums in the same vein as this and Spiderland...

can someone rec me some bleak albums in the same vein as this and Spiderland... not necessarily post-hardcore or anything but just albums that feel really encapsulate this hopeless, melancholy feel.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4BMZ7wfLyno
youtube.com/watch?v=Hh9BcuOm3qE
youtube.com/watch?v=tcK-Ar7LBCA
open.spotify.com/user/i_am_bombs/playlist/4bqg6gowD7S6N13gP9zlXUhttps://open.spotify.com/user/i_am_bombs/playlist/4bqg6gowD7S6N13gP9zlXU
open.spotify.com/user/i_am_bombs/playlist/4bqg6gowD7S6N13gP9zlXU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Orchid - Chaos Is Me

just listen to fucking slowcore

picrelated has a very similar guitar play to Slint's Washer and Unwound's October all over
And kinda same atmosphere (on the proggy side tho)

whats some good slowcore releases to start with? ive listened to some here and there but nothing really grabbed me.
isnt that album really screamy and fast? i'll check it out regardless but when i think of meloncholy i'd veer to something more introspective and mellow. thanks regardless my man, been on my radar for a while
oh those are two of my favorite songs off their respective albums, i'll be sure to check this one out. thanks dude.

youtube.com/watch?v=4BMZ7wfLyno

Those are my two favorite albums, pic related is my third favorite, takes a while to get started but the second track is an absolute gut punch, hope you enjoy user!

Also this

And this

Last rec, enjoy OP

thanks for the recs dudes! ill be sure to check these out! im listening to RHP right now and its pretty rad!

Not gonna post an image because I'm lazy, but DEFINITELY give The Argument by Fugazi a listen, very similar to Leaves Turn, you'd probably enjoy it, although it isn't as bleak as the two you listed, it is still quite dark, you'll enjoy it.

youtube.com/watch?v=Hh9BcuOm3qE

i have checked out The Argument, its pretty good. i dont think much of it but it feels like one of those albums that im just going to listen to it one day and it'll just click and ill start to love it.

If you're looking into slow core you have to try Duster - Stratosphere, it's more lofi than Red House Painters but it gets *that* sound perfectly. And if you're listening to RHP Down Colorfull Hill is amazing, but you probably heard that already.

yeah i really like Duster... i actually havent listened to that album for a while.. thanks man

Codeine my man. Their White Brich album should be all you need.
Also Kill the Lights by Lowercase for something more post-hardcore.

seconding kill the lights, amazing album

The vocals are absolutely awful tho (except the last one if I remember)
It's shame cuz the composition are truly great

Listen to

Low - I could live in hope
Low - Things we lost in the fire
Red House Painters - Down Colorful Hill
Red House Painters - Rollercoaster
Bedhead - WhatFunLifeWas
Clarissa weird - Songs about leaving
The For Carnation - S/T

These are some of the best Slow-Core albums.

Planning for Burial - Leaving
Whirr - Around
Wreck and Reference - Want
Ramleh - Hole in the Heart

not OP but would like some black metal suggestions that give off similar vibes to the two albums mentioned in OP

these are my 2 favorite songs
this isn't metal is it? please

it's not youtube.com/watch?v=tcK-Ar7LBCA
To me the guitar tone / riffing sounds a lot like those 2 songs, more exactly their opening section (I don't know exactly what makes the similarities to my ears desu), otherwise there's not much in common between this album and Slint/Unwound

Altar of Plagues - Teethed Glory & Injury

yeah i hear it. this is pretty great actually, thanks dude

here's my playlist called overcast rock. it was the first playlist i ever made on spotify and as such its not perfect. but i like it

open.spotify.com/user/i_am_bombs/playlist/4bqg6gowD7S6N13gP9zlXUhttps://open.spotify.com/user/i_am_bombs/playlist/4bqg6gowD7S6N13gP9zlXU

Codeine

open.spotify.com/user/i_am_bombs/playlist/4bqg6gowD7S6N13gP9zlXU

fixed link polite sage

Did Unwound and Fugazi have a secret meeting where they agreed to switch from post-hardcore to indie rock and release one last album before disbanding? What a strange coincidence that both bands went in this direction in the exact same year.

lol they str8 up ripped off the opening riff to october all over

actually I guess Altar of Plagues - Mammal would fit here more, TG&I is more black metal and less atmospheric imho

unwound went in a much more dreamy and lush direction than fugazi though, but yes, both bands overhauled their sound considerably before releasing one final album and then breaking up. both albums are highlights of each bands discography, imo. but don't hold a candle to their earlier outputs.

Actually, if you don't mind some more contemporary stuff, I recommend Nothing - Guilty of Everything, pretty good slow/sadcore with a bit of shoegaze

I think both albums are best of each discography, but with Fugazi it's debatable. Leaves Turn Inside You blows everything else Unwound has done out of the water.

lol no, leaves is just overrated because muh last album, muh double album, but it's shit compared to new plastic ideas, even challenge is better

Idk I consider leaves to be my favorite all time just because I've listened to it so much for so long but I still feel their first two topple over their later stuff just because they were so solid. I think if I were to clear myself of everything I've known from unwound, new plastic would easily top over for me, but leaves wad such a big listen for me when I first heard it that it kinda stuck out more than the rest

I refuse to believe the people who jerk Leaves off have listened to their discography more than once.

Utterly pleb, and wrong as fuck
NPI, Repetition, Fake Trains and Future are all great / masterpieces but they don't play in the same league as Leaves