Angel or Buffy?

Angel or Buffy?

why not both

Both have their strengths and weaknesses, but I'd go with Angel

Better cast, more consistent in quality, action choreography and special effects are more sophisticated, and I like the darker more noir-esque big city atmosphere. Also Wolfram & Hart are god-tier villains

>the comics

Angel had lower lows than Buffy, the second half of S4 was unbearable

Angel

Buffy was only good until she was about 18

I loved all of season 4, different strokes I guess

Angel, the potato nigger vampires city adventures were cool.

Buffy has a few good early seasons but overall Angel.

>those flashback scenes where he attempts an Irish accent

I agree except the S4 part. Angel S1 was honestly not that good. But it pretty much improved every season after that with a huge jump with the addition of Fred.

Angel S1 might have been too great but it was a hell of a lot better than the UPN seasons of Buffy

Angel wins by default simply because it had the best girl of all time.

GUNNED

Angel. I personally hated Buffy.

Buffy easily. Season 5 of Angel was probably the best but season 4 was so god awful that it will never be better than Buffy.

Fuck off with that shit, Gunn was a bro.

Until he got Fred killed, then I hated him.

I liked season 1. I felt like it had a lot of good standalone episodes. (sort of like buffy) However, it also had a lot of bad standalone episodes (also like buffy) So I guess it really depends on how much you like buffy because that season seemed to use its formula as a bit of a crutch in the early going before it figured out what it wanted to be.

I like Gunn too, chill out. The episode "Players" in season 4 where he fights the Yakuza is great

Season 1 started out wonky but got progressively better, the last handful of episodes was great. Also the two-parter with Faith is one of the highlights of the series

Is that the one with that girl who I always forget about even though she is a recurring character throughout the season?

She aged like fine wine.

Gwen Raiden, yeah. She was going to become a regular in season 5 but dropped out to be in Chronicles of Riddick

Angel had more of the Spike/Angel broship, but Buffy had Giles.

I'm going to go with Angel, as I don't think it lost steam as noticeably as Buffy did. Saying that, I watched the two concurrently, so it's difficult to really separate them.

Angel felt like it could have carried on for a while if it hadn't been cancelled. Buffy felt like it would have been a better show if they'd condensed it considerably.

CUTE

I would fuck both, desu.

stop doing this to me

Angel.
I consider this question a pleb test.

There's a treasure trove of shitty tumblr gifs of Amy. They must really like her.

But then again who doesn't?

This user knows his shit. Best girl, all years.

fuck that stupid whore

say what now??

ANGEL
N
G
E
L

i said fuck that stupid whore

Illyria was okay tho

Fred and Root are two of my favourite characters ever. Coincidence? I think not.

I miss her so much ;_;

>buffy works at burger king after being torn out of heavan

>acting as if this isn't the most retarded bullshit convoluted stuff since anthony didn't want to keep coming back every season

>not worse than angel's lowest

I'm sorry, I would take sneering connor forever over some of the dumb shit they pulled on buffy, and they eventually fix connor..I don't feel they every fix buffy, the last two seasons are retarded.

I would as well, along with Xena it's a great example of a spinoff that eclipses the parent series in almost every way

ever - every*

Anya

Fuck Anya
Marry Fred
Kill Darla

This list is acceptable

Now post rare Freds

more like

Fuck Jenny
Marry Fred
Kill Kennedy

Wes is best

damn, should I rewatch this?

That really says it all in one webm

yes

>Gunn was a bro.
Gunn was the most "Black character written by a white guy" since Turk on Scrubs.

The man kept a women locked in his closet and threatened to take away her bucket.

he is /ourguy/

maybe early on but he did lawyer-schemy gunn pretty great

he was still a bro

Fuck Drusilla
Marry Darla
Kill Harmony

Prefer a 4some though

How did such a cuck like Whedon write such a based character?

he was more of a proto sjw back then and none of the shit had really went off the rails, though from what I remember apparently even back in the day he would get on the casts nerves about the "STRONG WOMAN" shit.

in spite of instead because of, I think the show got better because he was focusing on firefly and left it alone.

also greenwalt moved onto something else at end of season 3, so new blood probably helped.

Whedon influence on Angel was rather moderate compared to Buffy. David Greenwalt was in charge during the first three seasons and Jeffrey Bell was showrunner of the last two

Marry Anya
Fuck Jenny
Kill Oz

I'd debate between Joyce for fuck and Xander had the chance to fuck them all but squandered it.

Inb4 massacre, use the blood as lube/have Drusilla turn them all into vampires.

and the great thing about collaboration is you have people there to tell you when you're being a fucking retard

>blood as lube
not a good idea

wouldn't be surprised if the whole Jasmine shit was wholly a Whedon idea.

Shit came in like a wrecking ball for season 4, and things were going so well with the Beast and Angeulus and Faith too

Bell also directed the series finale, Bell brought a lot to the series and I think doesn't get enough credit for all the stuff he did along the way.

angel
while it might have slightly lower lows (ignoring shit like hyena people) it had much higher highs
coupled with the fact that every character taken from buffy and added to angel was an improvement on their character arc. literally every single one of them cept that lunchbox fag

I liked Jasmine, thought she was pretty creepy. It helps that Gina Torres has a legitimately terrifying smile that makes her look half-xenomorph

serious question about the comics since Sup Forums never talks about them, and i know alot of it is terrible

is any of it worth picking up if i like angel alot more than buffy? i know he had his "season 6" with after the fall, and i loved faith on the show, iirc his season "7" is just some of the angel and faith comic

that and spike had alot of non buffy related comics

are any of those good? basically im asking about literally anything not "buffy season 8+" since i know it turns into twilightshit

I think people's problem with her arc is connor more than her being a big bad. I mean the argument about free will and losing it, love and death, a lot of themes have been used before Robert Wolfe on Andromeda had a similar idea where free will was associated with chaos and love/peace/loss of free will, its like turning the idea on its head who are really the good guys and who the real bad guys are kind of thing.

I mean end of season 4 is pretty hilarious. Wolfram and Hart reward you from defeating the big bad, who was going to enslave everyone and turn everyone into happy blockheads.

I think I would have written an independent journey for connor instead of tying him so closely into the main story since it didn't really serve the story well till almost the last episode and that was mostly a bottle episode. Him being lost and lied to wasn't new by that point so.

From what I've read, Angel after the fall and Angel/Faith does have good stuff but I would honestly avoid buffy, mecha dawn, buffy/angel fucking to make a new universe..just pants on head retarded shit, whedon going off the rails kind of shit and writers that followed weren't better.

Him being restrained is a good thing, but as the series carry on for Angel the quality goes up and down dramatically, so it will vary on taste greatly.

Some of the stuff dealing with Illyria was decent but not the Gunn parts, at least to me, they lost his character somewhere.

The Angel: After the Fall is mostly readable, not even sure its still the same canon as Buffy Season8+

Only real retarded thing you have to contend with is he didn't slay the dragon but befriended it and named it Cordelia, though it is kinda worth it later when the dragon backs him up in a fight vs a demonic talking Trex

Actual Irish person here. No American can do the accent. Not one.

because angel was a group made show, he had a hand in many of the episodes, he WROTE less than 7 iirc

the early issues of After the Fall are decent, as are the Angel and Faith comics. Just don't expect greatness

I'd also recommend the old Buffy comics that don't continue the show, which have been collected into omnibuses. They're not bad for the most part

i own some of after the fall and know how it ends, it tecnically is in the same canon as buffy season 8

good to hear about angel and faith, i might pick up some of that then since to my knowledge it avoids crossover much
the only spike stuff i know about takes place during after the fall season 6, or during angel season 7 AFTER after the fall
well that and obviously one shot minishit like his smile time comics

We can its just to us it sounds like we're overdoing it

>Master level vampire rolling around on a dragon dystopian L.A dova'kining.

Does Glenn Quinn count or not?

>vampire
BRO YOU DONT EVEN AFTER THE FALL

They don't count the irish themselves doing their own accents.

The season 4 finale was fucking GOAT

No because he was Irish

I didn't think so, but I assumed he immigrated so wasn't sure if you wanted to make such a distinction or not.

Angel was a fantastic show (albeit with a few lows , early Season 1 but this is redeemed by Doyle and late Season 4 spring to mind) from start to finish for the most part.

Buffy is kind of the opposite. Pretty much on a steady decline after Season 3 with a few exceptional episodes sprinkled along the way.

So Angel. Plus Wesley was the best character across all of Whedon's show during Angel's run.

Dude you posted Fred instead of Cordy by accident.

second best Whedon character incoming

>slut complete with tramp stamp
>best girl
lel

It's an idea I just thought Dru would like it.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

but it would coagulate and then it would not feel good, at all

the best lube is actual lube

>Not superior Dark Angel, Carnivale and Firefly
Shit thread desu

Well mostly because blood is shit at lubricating things.

Doyle was a bad character and an awful actor. How much that was to do with his drug use I've no idea. That whole thing about he was meant to die that early was obviously bullshit.

Shame they completely fucked up his character in seasons 6 and 7

You pretty much nailed it.

I too like Jasmine. It's the Connor/Cordelia shit that really ruined the season for me. Carpenter shouldn't have got knocked up but Whedon handled it in just about the worst way I've seen on a tv show.

>ruining my fantasies

You sounds like total retards going way over the top.

Irish too.

Same applies both ways though fella, you ever heard Robert Sheehan in the Mortal Instruments? Yeesh.

they did that to every character, only one that was left unscathed was Dawn but she was shit from the beginning

Wikipedia says he was Irish.

Try watching Xena sometime, they way they handled Lucy Lawless' pregnancy was worse