What does your education tier list look like?

What does your education tier list look like?

Love how electrical engineers and computer engineers always think they are the greatest. You guys suck, your a bunch of introverted neckbeards who suck at everything but math.

Mechanical/Structural Engineer, ayeee.

Medicine should be unbelieveable tier. They can get a job anywhere and with the best pay.

I know this is bait but nothing beats going to school to become a surgeon. Greatest pay and market. And this is coming from an engineering major

For real. I'm a computer engineer and even I think we don't belong in some mythical "unbelievable" tier. We shouldn't even make God tier.

Tbh nuclear is at the top, my degree took forever

My friend is a nuclear engineer. Spent some time in the Navy on a boomer and now works at a plant in CT. Double my paycheck. Kinda jealous.

I'm currently an undergrad in business school, thinking of going to law school. Any advice?

why is programming in great tier? it should be higher up

MFW education is Shit Tier. There's a huge teacher shortage in America and you're almost guaranteed a job right out of college. If you find a good district, you can start out making $48k/year with only 187 workdays plus benefits in your first year.

>mfw im In transport and make 100k+ a year, started working at 18, had a house by 20, 2 invesment properties by 25, travel for pleasure twice a year and I can probably retire at 45 with a few more investment properties and money in the bank

>spend thousands training to be an engineer
>get degree
>cant ge a job because 2 billion pooinloos and chinese are competing for the same job and they will take less pay

There's also a lot of old people still shitdicking around in the field. Keeping jobs away from younger people who outperform them in almost every way.

>comp eng top tier
lmao keep telling yourselves that

nuclear and petroleum are way better

Eurofag here, can someone from the US clarify the difference between 'Law' and 'Criminal Justice & Law'?

That's only partly true. There are some old fucks that can't do as much as well as younger people, but there's a lot of hubris among the new generation. They're not all shining stars. A lot of them are just as dumb, if not more so.

Solicitor vs attorney

people law and property law are two different types of law, property has more rights than people and a company is a property, even the (in)famous police slogan "serve and protect" has nothing to do with citizens, its to serve the government by protecting property

>Biology Great tier
>Microbiology Good tier
>Zoology Meh tier
who fucking wrote this shit

Hah, Computer Engineer. I thought I would just get made fun of for doing a neckbeard thing when I'm not a neckbeard and suck at math.

Various engineer studies, biology, chemistry, medicine, physics, biochem, sociology, arts, psychology, law enforcement, geography, etc, and all paid for (special forces)

Where are your billionaire businessmen college dropouts?

>Medicine should be unbelieveable tier. They can get a job anywhere and with the best pay.

Radiologist here, Can confirm. $600k per year with only two weeks of night call. Recruiters for other jobs contact me every week.

You clearly don't understand why no one wants to teach in the US. It sucks.

Geophysics appears twice.

Mathfag here, applied people generally aren't very good at math.

I don't have one because I'm not autistic.

Why is economics only great tier? Its the highest paid degree

M.E. master race

>can someone from the US clarify the difference between 'Law' and 'Criminal Justice & Law'?

A JD or LLD degree is a real law degree, obtained in a graduate school of law after you have a bachelor's degree in something else. It qualifies you to sit for the bar exam and become a practicing lawyer.

"Criminal Justice" is (ordinarily) a bachelor's degree at a more basic level than a law degree. It may be a precursor to going to law school, or becoming a paralegal, or good for getting a promotion if you are a police officer who wants to be a sergeant or captain.

Rich kids playing with their parents' money doesn't count as a career.

OP just gave you advice, move up a tier.

That's not me

>$48k
That's shit money. You must live in the middle of fucking nowhere.

I've got a degree in physics and astronomy (I'll often just say astrophysics), never finished my MS in electrical engineering at Columbia University (I did complete the requirements for this genomics certificate thing, but never bothered to get it).

I've been a software engineer, worked in telecommunications infrastructure, done some entrepreneurial stuff, some consulting, and spent most of my career in neuroscience at top tier research centers/universities. Currently heading up an academic AI and HPC thing at a top tier university.

I have worked with a bunch of Nobel Laureates, can call up a bunch of famous scientists and administrators.

All I really want is easy and plentiful pussy though. Getting that is not a skill I have.

>Law
>Meh Tier

>English
>The only core subject other than maths that's taught in every country around the world.
>Shit tier.

I work in transportation and make 130k a year working outside and/or sitting in an air conditioned cab listening to music. If this is shit tier, I think everyone else in the world must have a pretty sweet life.

Having a degree in language is disappointing when most people with «god tier» professions speak several languages fluently without devoting their lives to it.

We do, no one makes us go outside.

Electrical engineer here ask me anything?

What is “veterinary studies”? Does that mean a doctorate of veterinary medicine

you don't even need an expensive degree to make money as an electrician, I'm a 4th year apprentice and I make 80k a year, no student debt, didn't even go to college, my boss has been a master electrician for 15 years, his only formal education is an associates degree he got 20 years ago, he makes more than neurosurgeons and radiologists, plus quarter million bonuses for finishing big contracts ahead of schedule, we just finished a new 4star hotel in Vegas 2 weeks ahead of schedule, I got a 75k bonus just because they could open a few days early

i know right? Biology should be lowest tier. If you don’t get into med school with it, its ad useful as toilet paper

I ended up doing manual labor, but ill get paid to do nothing when i retire at 55 with savings, 401k, pension and stock market

It's not the understanding of the vocabulary that makes an English degree worthwhile, it's the spilt between language and literature.

Language is the less of the two, as someone skilled in it could easily get a writing job in a newspaper, magazine or web page. Which arnt terrible jobs but hardly god tier.
Whereas someone who studies literature studies the entire history and context around a literature movement. And once someone's amassed that information and studied a PhD (because if you don't you arnt making the most out of your degree, and this list should take that into account because any degree is shit if you don't make the most of it) then your qualified to teach at universities around the world.

Oh here we go. All the tradesmen have to come out of the woodwork to remind us how they're not insecure and we're idiots for developing the next generation of science and technology instead of doing a dangerous job destined for automation. Enjoy those wages while they last.

pretty shit list, most of those degrees will leave you flipping burgers at mcdonalds or stirring grande's for other unemployed millenial hipsters at starbucks

college is a fucking meme in the US, very few degrees are lucrative right now, fewer still will actually guarantee a job, and all are expensive and overpriced, not to mention the healthy dose of post modern marxist propaganda you're forced to eat while you're there

Qualified to teach in one of the least-funded departments at any university. Literature is a luxury career for people who already have money.

¿Didn't make it through college?

electrical work will be one of the last things automated, if it ever is, dumbass, and el oh fucking el at >developing the next generation of science and technology
no, you're fucking not, the vast majority of you are unemployed or working in retail or a service job because there are millions of others trying to get the same job you are, and they gave it to the bimbo who sucked them the best or the nigger that can't even do the job and was given a scholarship because of his skin color for the diversity points

I hope for your sake you're just pulling our legs, otherwise I fear you might have several highly undesirable qualities which are preventing you from experiencing everything life has to offer.

I got a free bachelors while I was out at sea in the Navy, it's fucking useless, I would be mad as shit if I had paid for it
the training I got as a Nuclear engineer makes me 300k a year to train dumbass civilians how to not cause a meltdown, no college required for that

sorry if you're butthurt I didn't fall for the college meme and have a quarter million in student debt, don't be mad at me for finding a better route

._. dog tier

I bet you get all the pussy and I'm just a scrawny cuck.

I have a wife and 2 children, she's the only pussy I get, you could be a chad and fuck different girls every night for all I care, at least something in your life is going right

I live in major US city with a rapidly-growing population and high rent. Still manage to get by. Good for you on your accomplishments, I don't recall asking though.

It only sucks if you either A) Don't have your shit together. OR B) Chose to work in a shitty school. Either way it's your fault.

why would you bring up all that shit in response to someone else? you sound like you have no friends and everyone around you hates you completely, also you're definitely at least mildly autistic

At the end of the day, degree type just gets you in the door. one of my coworker’s was a trumpet major but now he’s a Jr. VP at his company. You never know.

People skills are by far the most important skill you can have

>tfw Econ and international studies major

Smoothest decision ever, because I'll be able to pursue my hopes of doing international aid in the future and making hella cash

>going to law school after

I can imagine him desperately trying to work it into every single conversation he has with a woman. Amazing how he has so much trouble getting laid.

Columbia University, I didn’t even go there but I still managed to get team through to the NBL VIP tour in Houston Texas. Hashtag micrognext circa 2016, tweets deleted.

> required skills can be learned.

this. we live in a post modern, post factual society, actual knowledge and thinking skills are next to useless in the modern world, how you interact with other people and make them feel is the most important skill anyone can have in the western world

A "major US city" with less than 5 million people? I have lived/worked in NY, Chicago, DC, Boston, Montreal, Hanover, Stockholm, Milan, and a couple of smaller places (Lund, outside of London, Bremen, etc). Those are major cities and you can't have a decent life on $48k.

Actually, if asked what I do, I say "it's complicated" or "long story" or sometimes "science". I'm just socially awkward as fuck and can't read signals at all. Plus, now I'm like 15 years older than the attractive girls.

I did get laid last weekend, within hours of meeting a 42 year old broad, but that's a real rarity for me.

All that shit wasn't in reply to the douchebag that earns no money, it was just for the general topic of tiers of education.

Business can be a very good tier, depending on what you're doing with it...

Something like a Restaurant manager/owner is usually shit-tier, but something like owning 15 McDonald's franchises or a high-end sales position can result in one hell of a comfortable life...

Either way you're a fucking parasite who wastes shitloads of taxpayer money inefficiently teaching useless skills while reaping undeserved praise from retards who don't understand how fucked up the education system is. You deserve to starve in the streets, fucking piece of shit.

God tier? Nice.

Several of the cities you listed have populations of less than five million people, even if you count the surrounding metro area. But again, nobody asked where you used to live.

It's sufficient to say that I make enough to maintain a comfortable lifestyle where I live.

High school diploma.

>Nerdy shit in top tiers

Is that cause youre a bunch of nerds. that have nothing else to feel good about? Also regardless of your job, youre pretty much gonna be taking someones shit anyway so why does it matter

Meh tier. Just got my degree in Criminal Justice while going to police academy. Trying to be a homicide detective.

As a programmer I would say it's probably the pay, and some shit employers / shit markets supposedly demand you take it up the ass. Thank God I got a lazy government job.

130k where though? What exactly are you doing in transportation and how long have you been in the field?
Not OP, but I'm smack dab in the middle of America, a software engineer with 6.5 years experienxe making 100k.

Good tier. I'm about to get great tier