My Chemical Romance

Sometimes I think I'm the only one who still does listen to these guys. Just before they had the emo explosion I was intro their music while also managed to not have my taste in them crapped on by whiny emos at the time.

Loved their style too and it was two years before I listened to their last album Kill Joys. When the mainstream success dyed off with the band breaking up. Did people who were fans just forget about them and moved on? I always thought of them as more theatrical than mopey, i can always listen to the cure for that.

Post a fav song, a reason for it and a story involving the band in some way in your personal life.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=76WJJ57YoG0
youtu.be/gWqsMglmGjY
youtube.com/watch?v=5SL3_gQsh6E
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>My Chemical Romance
>emo
Fuck off.

the first two albums are the only ones worth listening too, end of story

I Brought you my Bullets is kinda emo, nothing really after that is though

BP and KJ aren't too bad if you want something lighter.

dude queen lmao

>emo
>my chemical romance

Fuck no but they are listenable. I like their last album the best which is propably an unpopular opnion.

Planetary Go is the best song and Frank Iero's solo stuff is heavily underrated.

I dont think they have died out, they have four million monthly listeners on Spotify and a lot of highschoolers like them

always wanted to punch the lead singer for some reason.

fav songs are probably

Cementery Drive
Early Sunsets Over Monroeville
Demolition Lovers
The World Is Ugly
Thank you for the venom
Scarecrow
Fake your Death
Heaven Help us
kill all your friends
my way home is through you

this.
frank iero's solo stuff is amazing!

Black Parade had amazing artwork.

>underage

I always feel like these guys got shit on way more than they should. I don't consider myself a fan but they definitely weren't bad songwriters. Other than their first album nothing they did was even really emo at all it was more like some kind of Queen pop-punk or something. Anyways not a bad band and nobody should feel ashamed for liking them

youtube.com/watch?v=76WJJ57YoG0

I always found them grim and kind of romantic. Their lyrics were mostly on point not a perfect band but it added to the appeal. An outlet for teen angst that was well written.

Typically I was a loner and listened to them almost every lunch time. Not emo enough to hang out with the local emo crowd cause they lived on drama. MCR to me always did have well placed lyrics. It might have even got me to express myself a bit more than I usually would have. Not that they saved my life but they were there when I was angsty. If more high schoolers listened to a band that expressed something other than rage maybe the state wouldn't have mental health problems as much.

okay but wtf "Kill Joys" it's Danger Days

Anybody know if they restock supplies on their website for merch?

Official MCR album rating

I Brought My Bullets > The Black Parade > Thre Cheers > Danger Days

I listened to their entire discography. It was amazing expect for the last album which was utter travesty, so close to a perfect line of albums, but they had to fuck it up with that last shit stain.

youtu.be/gWqsMglmGjY

I feel like this song doesn't get as much appreciation as it should. Part of that is because it's from a very lackluster album, but this song really stands out for me, much more than anything off of Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge and The Black Parade. It's just such a sugary power poppy tune, but at the same time, it just feels so epic and intense, kinda like listening to older Queen, whom they are very influenced by. From the catchy chorus to that mid-guitar solo that sounds as if Brian May wrote an infectious and energetic power pop tune, to the soothing synths that compliment the song very well, it has everything that I absolutely love about My Chemical Romance.

As for a story involving my personal life, I saw My Chemical Romance w/ Blink-182 at Bristow, VA in 2011. Both bands were absolutely amazing and energetic live, and they barely played any of their recent material (even though I did like Neighborhoods. It was definitely much better than California as an album, that's for sure). Anyways, two years later, I was talking to this girl who I used to b in a relationship, and she was this huge fan of MCR, and I told her how I saw them live w/ Blink-182 a while back, and they were completely jealous of me, even saying that they'll kill me since she's been wanting to see them live for such a long time. Three hours later, they broke up.

They shot themselves in the foot by wearing makeup

They shot themselves with the last album

>dyed

Greatest Art Punk band of the 2000s.

Going into high school, my father's death deeply traumatized me enough to the point that I became isolated. Days went where I managed to not say a word to anyone, or even so much as acknowledge that people even exist. I mostly hung out with my imaginary friend, Searlie. He was a scarecrow who wished he were a bird. I remember one time when I went to the top of my house and threw him in the air, and I broke my calves in fractures. During my hospital stay, another patient stayed in my room, and his father gave him a present. At first, the cover looked like a children's story turned into an audiobook, which peaked my curiosity like a phantom released from his host body. Plopping the CD into the player, he said to me, "Hopefully, this will numb the pain." Suddenly, guitars wailed in disaster, as I, aghast as can be, dropped a tear from my eyes to the gown I wore. "What's the worst that I can say? Things are better if I stay" revolved around my mind, hatching the emotions I never thought I would let stay inside. Years later, I still reminisce this memory, hoping someday I could share Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge with my father.

I love you all.

>Hopefully, this will numb the pain.
Ouch senpai.

Thanks.

"Real Emo" only consists of the dc Emotional Hardcore scene and the late 90's Screamo scene. What is known by "Midwest Emo" is nothing but Alternative Rock with questionable real emo influence. When people try to argue that bands like My Chemical Romance are not real emo, while saying that Sunny Day Real Estate is, I can't help not to cringe because they are just as fake emo as My Chemical Romance (plus the pretentiousness). Real emo sounds ENERGETIC, POWERFUL and somewhat HATEFUL. Fake emo is weak, self pity and a failed attempt to direct energy and emotion into music. Some examples of REAL EMO are Pg 99, Rites of Spring, Cap n Jazz (the only real emo band from the midwest scene) and Loma Prieta. Some examples of FAKE EMO are American Football, My Chemical Romance and Mineral EMO BELONGS TO HARDCORE NOT TO INDIE, POP PUNK, ALT ROCK OR ANY OTHER MAINSTREAM GENRE

>American Football
>not emo
How one opinion be so wrong.

Bruhh dat Midwestern stuff is good and i consider it emo. And I really like pg 99, grey matter, moss icon etc.

I-I-It's a good thing you exist user.

youtube.com/watch?v=5SL3_gQsh6E

I've lost months and all my friends and am dysphoric no matter what I do

Are Gen Zers getting into MCR from their older sibling's old CD collection or something? is that why we've been having several MCR threads a day recently?

I think it was more the 11th anniversary of The Black Parade which spawned these posts.

>parents took away my black parade cd cause they thought i was gonna turn into a whiny emo fag
>did anyways