I still don't get this

I still don't get this

Do you get it now?

because its shit. its a baby's first shoegaze album.

i love shoegaze but that album's like a 7/10 for me
am i retarded?

is the best rock album ever made
get drunk and listen to it in the dark

>shoegaze
>rock

Loveless and pic related are literally the only good shoegaze albums. And there is no good dream pop.

all other shoegaze is just extremely derivative of loveless or just shitty pop music with a lot of reverb.

>shoegaze=/=rock
el chicANO muchachos

Uhhhhh care to explain how Loveless isn't a rock record please

It's my favorite album of all the time, but can't listen to it anymore bacause it's nu-male antiandrogen music.

OK
Do we need to have this thread every day?

are these the track titles on their new album?

ch ch ch ch DUNNNA DUNNNA
DUNNNA DUNNNA DUNNNA DUNNNA
DUNNNA DUNNNA
sleeeeeeeep

take acid i started liking it because it reminded me of the dreamy like state of being on psyches

it's pretty easy to be derivative of loveless, because loveless is entirely based on "dude look at this sound i created with a heap of pedals and dive bombing the whammy".
all you have to do to be derivative of that, is use the whammy and put your guitar through a tonne of effects. that leaves plenty of room for more innovative songwriting, which let's be honest, a lot of "derivative" stuff does way better than MBV.
at least Meshuggah actually paid attention to songwriting instead of resting on the laurels of the "djent" sound.

shoegaze doesn't exist, just a bunch of shitty mbv imitators. they created such a unique sound that it spawned an entire "genre" of derivative bullshit. nothing is more embarrassing than die hard shoegaze fans who write off mbv as entry level. it's like watching a colony of ants in a death spiral - you've lost what you're looking for, it's all an illusion, and your taste is degrading not becoming refined

CLOSE YOUR EYES
HEAR ME NOW
I DON'T KNOW HOW
YOU COULD NOT GET ME NOW

you act like MBV erupted in a vacuum and that they didn't develop alongside a bunch of other bands that were round for just as long as they were before they released loveless.
why do you not care about the historical integrity of your arguments?

no one cares

lol

okay but for real

but loveless has good songwriting at its core. are you telling me that songs like sometimes or come in alone wouldn't be good songs in any other rock genre?

regardless, my point still stands that the only "derivative" thing about shoegaze that came after loveless, was incorporating a sound.
that's like saying all romantic composers were derivative of beethoven simply because his scores were the first to require a larger orchestra, which then became standard.
you can't accuse people of being derivative just for relying on the same instrumentation.

>And there is no good dream pop

your initial comment (if you're the same poster) was "baby's first shoegaze album." i just think that's a stupid criticism because literally every "shoegaze" album created after loveless is so obviously inspired by it. and none of them have topped it.

nahh, not the same poster.
i don't personally like listening to MBV much, because i find it kinda uninspired. sometimes Only Shallow earworms me and i have to listen to it to get it out of my system.
i can appreciate MBV's contribution to the scene, definitely, and if someone wants to know stereotypical shoegaze, i'd point them to MBV, but personally i enjoy Slowdive and Curve a lot more.

thanks for having a decent discussion with me user

I liked shoegaze the first term around.
I'm becoming terrified what Sup Forums is turning it into.

I don't think its necessarily everything else is derivative of Loveless, even at the time people were talking about trying to avoid the "Kevin Shields whammy bar thing". Once they'd figured it out, they realised it was a signature sound kind of thing.

I don't think early Ride or Curve sound like MBV.

vacuum-core

>I don't think early Ride or Curve sound like MBV.

Isnt Anything doesnt sound so different to Ride or The Telescopes with better songwriting
Curve was always a noisier/heavier version of Cocteau Twins, same can be said about Loveless
Doesnt mean those bands where better than MBV but they do feel like part of the same scene, althou Ride was always the superior live band of the whole genre.

Ride was the premier live band of shoegaze, yeah, though I've heard good things about Lush live.

Ride still are gr8 live
>dat drumming

Lush where alright, but its not like their songs where very complex to begin with, they where just a couple of qts with loud guitars and a decent backing.

Funny, Shields says its a bad album for acid because it sounds too dense

Oh look. A total pleb.

Loveless is best Sup Forumscore and best shoegaze
I've listened to at least 100 shoegaze albums and none of them are as cohesive and enjoyable as Loveless

Yeah, Ride's rhythm sections was abolutely insane. I always felt like Lush's thing was that while Emma and Miki were good at the whole "qts with loud guitars" deal, what made them stand out from Souvlaki was that their rhythm section - particularly Phil - was really tight where it mattered and could be one of the main focuses of the whole ordeal. Can't say that about Souvlaki or MBV.

There's nothing to get. It's an album of mediocre pop songs, poor singing and infantile guitar all buried under effects and production. It's an album that hipster leeches have latched onto to appear innovative and novel for going on 35 years now. It deserves none of the accolades it has ever received and quite frankly is a poor album.

scaruffi gave it a 9 so it must be good

I like Loveless.

HAHAHAHAHA

The effects and production make this album. If everyone were to judge it solely based on the pop melodies it would have nowhere near the universal acclaim it has now

you should listen to quique by seefeel, at least they had the decency to not write any songs and just jump straight into effects and production, at which they did a better job to be honest

maybe because you have nuts
cut them off, smoke some weed, cry and come back to it
you will love it

fucking loser

just lay down, relax and really take it in. the feeling of the sound washing over you is amazing. eventually smoke some weed if you're into that.

He's right though

bad album desu

its enjoyable, but its not good.

So many plebs itt who don’t understand or have the intellect to comprehend how genius shoe gaze is

autolux future perfect is the best