Why the fuck is this redneck garbage album so highly regarded and why is Cash so overrated?

Why the fuck is this redneck garbage album so highly regarded and why is Cash so overrated?

I'm usually the first one to call something overhyped, but if you can't see why this is genuinely one of the best live albums ever recorded you are either contrarian for the sake of it or a retard

Why? Because he performed some shitty hick music at a prison? Oh, so amazing

So you're too nu male for literally the most entry level country on the planet? How do you justify this to yourself?

Name ONE live album with more intense audience reactions.

By the fact that I'm not white trash living in some rural shithole working a godawful bluecollar job
You mean the reactions the label had set up?

>You mean the reactions the label had set up?
Proof please

>redneck
You're biased, fuck off.

>redneck

>After an introduction by MC Hugh Cherry, who encouraged the prisoners to "respond" to Cash's performance, Carl Perkins took the stage and performed his hit song "Blue Suede Shoes".[15] Following this song, the Statler Brothers sang their hit "Flowers on the Wall" and the country standard "This Old House".[16] Cherry returned to the stage and instructed the inmates not to cheer for Cash until he introduced himself; they obliged.[2]

those are overdubs lol
and who the fuck listens to a live album for "intense audience reactions"

are you retarded? An MC encouraging a crowd to respond is the label setting up reactions?

You know, I wish David Allan Coe could kick your ass right now, OP.
Cash was certainly at least a little redneck and there's nothing wrong with that

You're probably pursuing a liberal arts degree too.

Well, he made this thread so, clearly

I have the same problem but with David Bowie.
Why do so many people ride his cock?

Grew up in Arkansas not far from where Cash grew up and can confirm that OP is 100% correct about rednecks, Johnny Cash, and country music in-general.

The only people who venerate him are liberal-arts-college plaid-shirt-wearing thoreau-loving roots-fetishists who drink organic coffee and play banjo and conspicuously smoke cheap cigarettes.

They all love Townes Van Zandt, too. If you unionically rep Townes Van Zandt just leave this board right now. You're a cliche.

What's wrong with Thoreau?

>The only people who venerate him are liberal-arts-college plaid-shirt-wearing thoreau-loving roots-fetishists who drink organic coffee and play banjo and conspicuously smoke cheap cigarettes.
Strawman. Also why don't you actually critique the music instead of whining about an imaginary redneck character and pretending this somehow makes At Folsom Prison a bad album?

Your post is contradictory, OP implies that Johnny Cash is bad because rednecks and hicks like him and you're implying the opposite. I know plenty of hicks that love Johnny. Not many have heard if TVZ though, but the ones that have listened to him generally appreciate the music. But by and large they like bro country and rock, if anything

>You're a cliche.
this makes no sense. log off

Guarantee 95% of people you consider "rednecks" haven't even heard of TVZ. they all listen to top 40 and radio country like every other poor person

>O V E R R A T E D

Pendulum - Live at Brixton Academy

Why is rednecks in quotes? Music taste is certainly not a defining characteristic of being a redneck, in fact, I'd put forward the idea that most rednecks fit the criteria that you described, not because rednecks are poor, but because most people in general have that music taste.

Pretentious retards, I fucking hate Sup Forums. The fanbases of certain artists shouldn't matter to the music. If you complain about this YOU are the nu-males. Grow the fuck up already.

Only rural retards voted for Trump. All city people voted Hillary

OP is a faggot

you are a retard

I don't agree with any of the rest of the shit homie said, but HDT was kind of a hack. It's easy to live deliberately on a manicured piece of land owned by Emerson that's close enough to your mothers house to walk there and have her do your laundry every weekend.