In light of there literally being nothing interesting on Sup Forums tonight, lets have a car thread

In light of there literally being nothing interesting on Sup Forums tonight, lets have a car thread.

Tell me what car you have and why you chose it.

You can follow me on ig @oni_bri

Also, if you mod your vehicle, whats your favorite mod and where did you get it?

Lastly, for you weebs, if youd like to join an anime oriented car club, please msg me on ig.

Forgot to mention im also on twitter as @gencoupeotaku

Bump to save thread

Bump

04 RSX-S just have an injen short ram
>chose it because it was 2k and it's a fun little car

What do you think about the tlx?

No.

2015 Manual Kia Soul.

Not a bad car. No balls at all obviously. Manual is fun to drive though, so now I want a car with more than two lawnmowers worth of horsepower.

Try a rio hatchback. There is a smalt cult community for racing them.

Decent car, I work at a dealership so I get to drive them pretty often. Only thing to be on the lookout for is rear tweeters and the battery likes to drain really quick, especially in the cold. Other than that the 6 cylinder is tons of fun, 4 cylinder is okay but nothing special.

A lot of great cars only have 4 cyl. Take a look at lotus for example.

What type of dealership?

Acura dealer. The TLX is fairly heavy so the 4 cyl is kinda boggy. Lotuses are very lightweight so a 4 cylinder is able to perform really well.

Whats the best car acura offers for around 30k?

2007 mazda 3

i love performance cars but to me, theres nothing more reliable and nicer on the interior in its price range than mazda 3s. honda civics are unreliable as fuck and the interiors are poo to boot.

TLX or ILX
We have a pretty small lineup, your best bet is to find an older TL. The 2009-13 TL are really solid and came with a 6 speed. The previous gen was also really nice but are its gonna be hard to find one that wasn't thrashed.
You might be able to find an Integra or Legend, maybe an NSX for a little extra.

2017 Buick regal Touring, pretty peppy honestly. Was very surprised with the acceleration for a 4 cyl with a turbo.

I feel like mazdas are always the odd ones out. Even with the rx series

Thats a shame. Im always looking too see if i could have found a better deal than my gen coupe but so far after a year, its still best deal. At least imo

1997 F150, 4.6l v8, best $1200 I’ve spent. Tows my boat, does goon shit with my buddies, and It’s got busted manifolds and revs nice for the cops to hear.

Turbos are nice like that. Ive yet to drive a single turboed car. Well i take that back, i managed to take a tour of the italian countryside with a california t, but i was just cruising so i didnt really feel a turbo kick.

I learned to drive in a 89 f150. It was a manual too. Fucking thing was loud as shit even with intact manifolds

Oh I can’t argue with that one, great trucks though. I’m thinkin of putting a turbo on mine just to enjoy it for the rest of HS

Man, I've drove a 2010 camaro 2ss, and even from that to this, still surprising. It will throw you back in the seat. Was gonna get a 2009 G8 GT, but the deal I got on it was incredible .

I have a 2013 camaro exactly like pic related. Plan to get carbon fiber hood, skirts, etc. and new loud exhaust

Don't be that guy with only a v6.

Two W124s. The newer one keeps breaking down, which is funny (depressing) because I bought it thinking it will be more reliable. Fuck my life.

2012 Nissan Altima. Hate all you want I hate it too.

I love modded cars but I guess I'd say atm my favorite "mod" is subs just cause ive never had a car worth putting anything performance oriented on yet and the first thing I do when I get a car has always been rebuild the whole sound system. Currently running a Kenwood stereo with a touchscreen Kenwood head unit with a DVD player and have 2 12" Kicker Comp R subs running on a 1200 rem watt Kicker sub. I love my sound system but I hate the car.

Any any of y’all have Fox bodies? How are they and is a 5.0 engine swap worth the time? They’re cheap near me and it might be a fun project

I have a Dodge dart that I bought for my wife. It sucks balls. Especially the throttle.

I used to have a neon r/t with CAI, 60mm throttle body, under drive pull, and 2.5 inch exhaust. It was a fun car. I bought mega squirt for it, but threwa rod before I could put it on. The rod went through the block.

My .5mm bored out turbo 7gte swapped 1990 toyota cressida. It has a clean stock interior and working heating and air conditioning with the exception of a blutooth touhscreen soundsystem and a mount with a boost gauge and an a/f ratio meter

Hook me up with itasha for my car bruh.

I have a 93 Miata that I've had for about 6 years. Bought it because I wanted a cheap, reliable, RWD, manual car.

I guess my favorite mod is my wheels. I have a thing for old school 2 and 3 piece wheels, and I always wanted to refinish a set. This was one of my dream sets that took me about 2 years to find. Unless you know what they are you aren't going to notice everything I've done to them to make them my own, but I've put a lot of time and money into them to get them where they are.

10th anniversary Mazda rx7, got it because I needed a car. No longer a daily driver.

Favorite mod is definitely bridgeporting the housings

Also i bought this car because it hauls way more titties than anyone thinks it can. and its a unicorn since it has a 5 speed manual and they never made 90s cressidas in manual

Excellent car, rotaries can be super reliable if you take proper care of them.

whats ig?

1979 Cutlass.
I wanted a cool old cruiser I could daily. Turns out what I bought was a pretty decently modded "sleeper" that I have turned more racecar than anything else. Yeah yeah, you hate the color. It's currently half in primer as I'm deleting the vinyl top and replacing a quarter panel.

Runs good so far lol

>inb4 shitting on fram oil filters

Lmao you all have shit taste.

Fuck off faggot you probly don't even have a car

Yeah, i probably do. Its ok though, cause no one else cares

KIA have some of the cheapest and worst construction.
Driving them off the ships, they felt like the damn things would fall apart if you looked at them funny while getting them to the lots.
The other longshoremen called them by their obvious names, Killed In Action.

I wish i could. :(

I but i may be able to help a bit. If you mssged me on ig, just give me a moment

08 g8 gt. Rice burners can get fucked!

Pontiac doesnt really make relevant cars anymore....

I was just messing around. I really do want to have a custom itasha made for my car, but sadly I'm not in a position financially to do it any time soon. Hopefully I'll be able to one day.

>mfw they aren't making cars at all

I had two Fords that were pieces of shit. My Explorer was falling apart in every way imaginable despite me babying it like it had to last 100 years. The Ranger I bought was great for the first 6 months I had it, then it was every other month that something started to break and need to be fixed. I'm not hard on vehicles, so I just chalked it up to getting two bad older vehicles.
I went to a few dealerships to get a nice used vehicle. They all treated me like shit for some reason. I didn't have a long credit history, as I was only 22, but I did have good credit for the year or two of history I had.
I went to a Kia dealership just to see what I could get, if anything. They treated me nicely and the Soul was cheap and good on gas. That's the only reason why I bought it.

So far I haven't had any problems with it. It doesn't feel cheap to me, but it probably is. It was 16k brand new before taxes. So obviously it isn't made of gold.

But these things have less than 20 miles on the odometer.
Subarus, Mazda, Mitsubishi all felt rock solid coming off the boats (and we regularly exceed 90mph+ with most cars the back lots).
Kia were the only ones that felt like driving a tin can.

2013 Dodge Dart 1.4L turbo.with mopar body kit, cat back exhaust, carbon fiber hood and truck lid, 18'' esr rimes, and a bigger turbo making 14lbs of boost

2013 charger. Only chose it because it was what I could afford at the time with no money down and decent payments

I'm not arguing with you. I'm just saying why I bought it. When people hear you bought a Kia they often ask why. I'm just giving my reasons.

My next vehicle will definitely be something that will last. Definitely be a manual, and will definitely have some power. Gas mileage is nice, but so is hauling ass.

I really want a AWD new challenger for a daily. I think they're neat. I'm guessing you've got the v6?

1984 Trabant 601S Kombi.

Always wanted one since I was about ten, but nobody was importing to UK at the time. Finally got one, love the two stroke, asphyxiating pedestrians as I crawl up big hills. Max design speed of 56mph :D

similar to pic related

1978 Datsun 280z obviously not very practical forany reasons. 2 seater only not much luggage room. No cup holders. But mechanicaly it is amazing, Simple but reliable inline 6 with fuel injection 5 speed transmission is pretty strong. Spins the tires when you drop the clutch and mileage is not great but very decent for something made in the late 70's

Ohhh nice my brother has a friend who has one he runs in drift circuits it's like 900hp and has a welded diff

I love them but them seem to be made of super easily rusted metal. In my area all of them are full of holes. Love the looks though.

Traded my non running 88 t2 for my 78 z

That sounds fucking cool dude. Just remember they're not making anymore and panels and whole cars are practically non existent so be careful. And yeah they are rusty pikes sometimes non rusted examples for sale are usually torn down and undercoated with rubber material or Berliner in order to prevent rusting.

have a rx7 fc drift car, lexus is300, and imported a jdm forester xt to daily

ayyyyy rotang gang