Is it just me, or is this “artist” making a big deal out of something that isn’t a big deal. I mean...

Is it just me, or is this “artist” making a big deal out of something that isn’t a big deal. I mean, if I posted a drawing on the internet, I wouldn’t expect it to not be pirated and I certainly wouldn’t try to seek out anyone who had “stolen” my art. Seems a little delusional to expect something online to not be stolen.

If you're not making any money off it then tell them to fuck off. If you're making money by using it, then you might consider changing it.

Used the pic as my twitter profile picture, idk how I could possibly make money from that

It's about legal precedent. If he asks someone using the image (to make money or for something he really doesn't like) to take it down and he hasn't asked you to do the same there is a precedent that he is not enforcing copyright. So, he has to ask anyone who uses it to ensure he can prove he ALWAYS enforces it. He's done it in a nice way. Don't been an asshole - stop using it or, better still, become an artist and put some effort into making your own profile image.

>Sends polite direct message with reasoning and well-worded request
>HE'S MAKING A BIG DEAL OUT OF THIS

“I’m doing an asshole thing, but they should expect me to do asshole things” is a pretty lame excuse. Don’t puss out and pretend what you did isn’t wrong (even though it doesn’t affect a whole lot), just own up strong and tell everyone PROUDLY “I’m an asshole, caring about stuff is not for me! Fuck you! I suck nigger cocks!”

Hey if you didn’t take that picture of that alpaca, you should stop using it or at least give credit to the original photographer

See, you are pissed enough to create a thread because you were asked to change your profile picture.
>b...but this is my picture
>I used it for so long without any problems

So someone who actually created the picture has no rights to it. You on the other hand have every right to it.

Fucking entitled children.

Not saying I have any right to it, but what would’ve happened if the original creator of Pepe tried to take down all the Pepe memes? Surely the internet wouldn’t stand for it.

You can't say you have any right to it because you don't. How about starting to adult and just doing the right thing?

No worries, I did.

Weird, I figured an image board like this would have more liberal ideas of photo sharing considering it’s what this entire website is based off of

Keep trying to find reasons to fulfill your childish desires.

You are like a 4-year-old at a supermarket screeming his lungs out because he didn't get the toy he wanted.

>what if all parents refused to buy their children toys
>the mental development of the human race would be in danger

Stop making excuses.
Or take it to court if you are so sure you are in the right.

change your pic and leave no one fucking cares about you here

What's your job OP?

>artist
>autistic

I don’t really feel like my word choice has been irrational but ok call me a tantrum having child if it makes you happy, whatever gets you off, my dude

I’m just trying to start a conversation on these kinds of interactions with artists in general, not specifically calling my case to attention

Supply proof, thanks.

Actual paid, full-time painter and digital artist here, with work spreading its way through the internet. As someone who has had work stolen and been sold fraudulently, no one who actually works in the industry gives a fuck about your profile picture.

Add a dick in the artwork somewhere. Now it’s fair use as parody.

I'm with you. What a faggot. Same as Skyrim mod authors who get their cocks in a twist when someone makes a modpack. Arthmoor is a big one, he's the world's biggest faggot. Or everyone that complained when it turned out Higashiyama Shou was tracing/copying poses. Who gives a fuck, no one was reading it for the fucking poses, they were reading it because it was the least weeaboo animus Yuri manga out, and the tracing wasn't because he couldn't make quality poses from scratch but because it was faster. So, what happens? One of the best goddamn Yuri mangas gets canned and he goes on to make some fucking hetero Loli rape bullshit with fat fuck old guys because a bunch of cucks couldn't keep their fucking panties in check instead of just killing themselves and saving everyone including their parents the headache.

The "artist" can fuck right off. You are not making any money off it, and if they continue with this shit, just draw something small in the pic and then it is a different picture.

So what you’re saying is the artist in OP’s pic isn’t good enough to get into the industry so he picks fights with randies using his art?

Guessing he's a jobless neckbeard

Student

You weren't that wrong

You're not making money off it or saying it's yours. Tell them to fuck off. If they still bitch find photo on Google and give credit. Or not. They can't do shit really.

They can’t sue OP for not complying, right?

umm excuse me he didnt say you could paraphrase him pls delet

I've encountered a few of these, where they DEMAND that the poster of a pic credit the initial artist OR ELSE!

I had one go so far as to tell her Tumblr followers to "drag" myself and the other Admin of a RPG group. She backed down after I threatened to pursue criminal and civil action for harassment and conspiracy, and dropped her dox.

Harassment still occurred from a few of her followers, and I'm still contemplating pursuit. Considering I have a few years until the statute of limitations runs out, I may decide to drop that bomb at any time just for lulz.